PDA

View Full Version : Southern Mantis visits

Tainan Mantis
04-03-2002, 08:22 AM
A student from an Australian Southern Mantis school came to check out my class tonight.
He was using Mandarin terminology to describe techniques and methods that I teach. And he had learned some of those basic techniques. I was surprised that he new so much about what I do. He had done his research on my school so that he would know what questions to ask.

Since he was friendly and new so much I asked him some questions about his school to which he showed a basic 2 man drill quite foriegn to me.

The question;
What can you say about Australian Southern Mantis?
-web sites
-methodology
-etc.

Thank you for your help in my MA education.

FIRE HAWK
04-03-2002, 11:55 AM
What kind of Southern Mantis do you practice Chu Gar , Chow Gar,Jook Lum , Iron Ox Southern Mantis . Since you are in Taiwan i was just wondering what kind of southern mantis is there?

Tainan Mantis
04-03-2002, 05:01 PM
I have never heard that any Southern PM style exists in Taiwan while here.

Although, on these boards I have heard that some Hakka people teach here in private.

Northern PM is common in Taiwan and can be found in every city.

Of the southern styles White Crane is most common although many other styles are hidden here and there.

diego
04-03-2002, 06:35 PM
white crane?
is thier any lama, bakhok or hopga in taiwan?.

Tainan Mantis
04-04-2002, 01:55 AM
Diego,
I haven't heard that those styles exist in Taiwan. I am not an expert on southern, but I believe that White Crane in Taiwan has no relation to Tibetan White Crane.

I have heard there is Hung Gar with a big following in Taibei and Gaohsiung.

108kuen
04-04-2002, 03:39 PM
check out http://www.mantis.org.uk/
Good overview on Chow Gar Tong Long, and links to some australian schools.