PDA

View Full Version : Chi

garbutt
04-03-2002, 06:15 PM
Hi,

I was just trying to think of a scientific reason for the interneal energies which are present in kung fu, which can be develpoed with time and effort. I thought possibly it has something to do with that our bodies generate electricity and maybe all that is happening is that this electricity is being focused to where you want it to go.

Any thoughts on this?,

Thanx
Dave

prana
04-03-2002, 06:21 PM
aiks, you've opened a can of worms here ;) hehehe

Good luck making sense of it all.

BTW I dont believe in Chi, I just practise it all the time ;) :D

garbutt
04-03-2002, 06:31 PM
Thanx, :)

Dave

Justa Man
04-03-2002, 08:48 PM
gee....well...umm, i......sh!t......ummm, let's see......yea.

seriously though, that is one he.lluva question. your idea sounds ok. i don't really look for a "why". i know it exists regardless of whether or not professor schmeklheiny's jiggamaboob can register it or not. it's just one of those things.

good luck though. :D

jon
04-03-2002, 08:52 PM
I dunno but i hear Richard Mooney can zap people though WALLS with it!!!
hehe just imagine how powerfull he must be:rolleyes:

I kinda made up my own stupid mind the other day that Chi was simply bioelectricity combined with human intent. The higher the level of both the stronger the 'chi'.

Repulsive Monkey
04-04-2002, 02:36 AM
2 things, its pointless trying to undertsand Qi through a Western/scientific perspective because there are concepts that don't exist YET within it to fill in the missing pieces to get a decent enough translation for the concepts of Qi. Point number 2, is that it is best to get direct experince of Qi as opposed to trying to get an intellectual understanding of it. Think about making love to your partner? The experiential practice allows you direct education, whilst just talking about it can never compare.

David Jamieson
04-04-2002, 02:45 AM
here we go :rolleyes:

muwhhahahahahahahaha,....

Do you mean bio-electric energy? or are you refering to the electro magnetic field that surrounds each and every one of us and is detectable by methods which have been existing for quite some time? or do you mean the reckoning of medical professionals from everywhere dating back more than 1000 years the the human body is animated because it is a bio-electro-magnetic chemical mechanism?

what is chi?
harumph!

peace

Kristoffer
04-04-2002, 05:33 AM
chi is wood and rat

count
04-04-2002, 05:58 AM
And what makes it?:confused:

scotty1
04-04-2002, 06:09 AM
Isn't bio electricity created whebn you move your body, by your heart and stuff, like those watches?!

Er, I obviously don't have a bloody clue.:confused:

But this:"Chi was simply bioelectricity combined with human intent" struck me as the best explanation of Chi I've ever heard in less than 10,000 words. Well done that man!:)

count
04-04-2002, 06:22 AM
But for arguments sake, if chi has something to do with "human intent", how do animals use chi? What about grass or trees? How about a rock?

jon
04-04-2002, 07:05 AM
ok then ill exchange 'human intent' for 'focussed intent'
Does my explanation make more sence then?
'Bio Electricity combined with focused intent.'

Bio electricity to my limited knowledge is simply the electrical signals that your brain sends around your body causing various physical reactions.
If you move your hand to pick up a can of soft drink then your mind sends a signal to your hand telling it to react.
This same cocept can be carried over to combat, your mind makes concious and semi consious decisions based on the situation at hand. Your body then reacts acording to these subconsious and consious signals causing you to move in accordence with what is going on.

I really dont have any easy answers and as every has already said its something thats better felt than explained.
Still it can always be fun to try:D

Yung Apprentice
04-04-2002, 07:32 AM
chi is water and dog!:D

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-04-2002, 11:17 AM
chi is for killing and that's good enough for me.

garbutt
04-04-2002, 02:48 PM
Maybe i shud have just kept mi gob shut,

:)

prana
04-04-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by garbutt
Maybe i shud have just kept mi gob shut,

:)
I tried to warn ya, but dont worry, its all good.

One great guru writes, you need to visualise your dream before you build the great sky-scraper that it is going to be.

I don't "believe" in it, I just practise it like crazy hehehe :p :D ;) kidding -

BTW Welcome to the forum, you've almost met most of us ;) I'm the resident goof ball nut-case.

joedoe
04-04-2002, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
chi is for killing and that's good enough for me.

No, chi is for chilling, ki is for killing :D

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-04-2002, 06:18 PM
as long as it is sung to the toon of cookie monsters all time clasic it doesn't matter.