PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here ever been possessed by the Dark Side?

HuangKaiVun
04-03-2002, 09:36 PM
Anybody here ever been possessed by the Dark Side?

I must admit (not shamefully, but remorsefully) that I was possessed by it briefly.

I got into a huge verbal war with people elsewhere (NOT HERE) and finally blew up at them. They came at me all at once, so I fought back with the intent to hurt them all.

This was coming for years, and I finally released my anger where it belonged. I suffered the repercussions of my actions, and I'd do it again if I had to. But it sure is easy to be a Dark Sider, isn't it?

One thing's for sure. It's easier to destroy than to build. That episode of dark destruction was enough to send me in the other direction. I'd rather be called a sissy or McKwoon or even get beaten up a bit (just not TOO MUCH) than get into that kind of devastating rage again.

Has anyone else here ever gone through this kind of destructive episode? How did the martial arts help you avoid - or facilitate - the destruction you were involved with?

nospam
04-03-2002, 09:44 PM
Hmmm...there was a time (approx Green sash or intermediate level) when I was possessed by the darker side of my ego in my younger days. I felt invincible and on many an occasion - almost...almost - got into fights with strangers for no reason. IE) seeing someone on the street and thinking, I could take him. Then **** near acting on the thought.

Anywho, now...I don't think that. I know that! hahaha Just kidding :) or am I? I am a Leo, after all.

Here ego ego ego. Ego?

nospam.
:cool:

Xebsball
04-03-2002, 10:21 PM
theres no difference between me and the dark side

Budokan
04-03-2002, 10:32 PM
I am one with the Dark Side. I am it and it is me. Together, we compliment each other.

Behold our power.

jon
04-03-2002, 10:45 PM
I AM your father...

It is your destiny...

Join us...

straight blast
04-03-2002, 11:48 PM
Only really once when I was about 15 (there's that number again) and my best friend accidentally snapped my two front teeth. In the resulting pain and rage I really tried to kill him. If he hadn't landed on my back with me face down in the water I'd have ripped his throat out for sure.

Never again, but I know I have the killer instinct if I should need it...

respectmankind
04-03-2002, 11:58 PM
Unfortunately, (accept when playing with friends) whenever someone agrees to do hard contact sparring, I get that kind of mind setting. Although I am normaly calm and logical person, I get that passion whenever I fight, whether serious as in a actually fight or a match.

SifuAbel
04-04-2002, 12:39 AM
Has anyone else here ever gone through this kind of destructive episode? How did the martial arts help you avoid - or facilitate - the destruction you were involved with?

My si gung described this as "unleashing the dragon". It is the animal part of us that is fighting. There is no way to avoid this state. That is why MA has spent so time in the ethical side of training in an attempt to harness and control the energies of instinct.

In the fight response, a person is no longer a person. The opponent becomes a thing, not a human being. The danger lies in not being able to come out of this mental state after the fact. Much of the meditation and mental discipline in MA is for recapturing the beast and sending him back to the dark places of our soul.

The best you can hope for, as a fighter, is to achieve a balance between these opposing forces. Otherwise, give up fighting.

David Jamieson
04-04-2002, 12:44 AM
yeesh, star wars!

hahahahaha.

dark side, light side, whatever, they both exist within us at all times.
as you are capable of doing deeds that bring good you are just as able to do deed that conflict with what you percieve "goodness" to be.

In the end, it makes no difference.
peace

Sharky
04-04-2002, 04:24 AM
I've started snapping far too easily. Everybody's stupidity astounds me. I hate " other people ".

What the FUC.K are YOU LOOKING AT?

Kristoffer
04-04-2002, 05:19 AM
Recently I've been having that kind of trouble.. Or problem if u wish. I've always had a really short fuse. I dont get abit angry or little anoyed, I get FURIOUS almoust from zero. It has almost ruined my life on a number on ocasions.

The only possitive about it is that it helps in fighting and when u have to stand up for your self.

I can controll myself much esier thanks to Kung Fu and it sorta gives me something to .. how do u say... uh, 'release the agression in training'

Frogman
04-04-2002, 05:55 AM
Some where around a year and a half into my training I became very aggressive and it showed I would not take crap from anyone, and often blew thing out of proportion. Although I never flew completely off the handle there are times when you just want to hit something. More time then not I would hit a wall or something like that and wined hurting myself more then anything. I have not hit anything out of rage for many years now, but I still feel the rage. In the same fashion as I would look at hitting and opponent sparing “think about what I am doing”. I think and realize that it solves nothing to strike a wall much less another person. The dark side and the light side complete the Ying Yang this harmony is a balance, neither side is good or bad as they are one. The good bad applies to the individual and the ratio of dark to light with in them.
fm
RibHit

scotty1
04-04-2002, 05:59 AM
"dark side, light side, whatever, they both exist within us at all times.
as you are capable of doing deeds that bring good you are just as able to do deed that conflict with what you percieve "goodness" to be.

In the end, it makes no difference. "

No difference to what?

JWTAYLOR
04-04-2002, 07:00 AM
I'M LOOKIN AT SOME LITTLE PUNK WHO WANTS HIS ASS KICKED YOU LITTLE B1TCH!

JWT

shaolinboxer
04-04-2002, 07:14 AM
Ooooh yeah.

Many times I'd be sparring with someone and they'd get in a good shot, I'd go nuts and turn it into a fight. Ofcourse, some of the credit should go to those who were trying to start a fight. I also tend to have a bit of a wicked tongue.

Hence, aikido training.

Now when I spar I just have fun, and I chose my words more carefully. But I don't think it's because aikido inherently turn people around or makes them mellow out. It does give you the opportunity to try if that is your goal, and the more you relax the better your aikido will be.

Satanachia
04-04-2002, 07:27 AM
Only really happened to me once, back in high school days, and it lasted like a second, and that was the time it took me to walk to the person, and by then i regained control of myself.
Then i didn't do martial arts, so i didn't really have much "potential" as it were.

None of my current friends have ever seen me lose my cool, except for maybe my best friend back in primary school. But most of my other friends who i've known for 4+ years haven't seen me angry, and hopefully i'll stay as the person who never loses his cool. I'm worried that in training i'm a bit too nice. And the notion that i could actually hurt someone now is even more of an insentive to remain that way.

Grappling-Insanity
04-04-2002, 07:35 AM
Every1 gets angry and snaps a little bit every now and then. Its really more an indicator of stress in your life. Or more the feeling of helplessness at least it is for me.

Sharky
04-04-2002, 08:14 AM
When i flip out, i just totally flip out and start killing people, it's totally sweet.

respectmankind
04-04-2002, 08:36 AM
gou, it doesn't sound odd at all. i feel the same way in my life. all though spirituality compells me to be better and to grow closer to teh creator, there is some appeal in self destruction (not physical for you tards out there).

Frogman
04-04-2002, 09:30 AM
I learned a long time ago not to trust someone that smiles all the time, good sign they’re up to something.:D

Even worse someone who thinks the dark side is cool and that it makes them a bad a$$.:mad:

The truth is a matter of prospective.;)

Control is not submitting to the urge.:cool:

fm
RibHit

ewallace
04-04-2002, 10:18 AM
My wife is kind of posessive so yeah, I guess so.

Maybe not the exact same thing, and I don't get like this with friends or family, but sometimes when driving at the end of a bad day (usually when people don't use their goddammned turn signals) I get white hot rage that boils over. Never understood why. The first few seconds I think to myself how much I would like to pull over and physically show them why that was a bad idea. I never act on it because I know that the person could have a gun or try to use their vehicle as a weapon. But for that first few seconds, I think (and feel) that I would destroy whoever got out of the car and dammned be the consequences. The difference between the above and full-blown road rage is "Control".

Sharky
04-04-2002, 10:39 AM
yeah that's true. you never really learn to swear properly till you start driving

GeneChing
04-04-2002, 10:45 AM
Every time I hear another whiner from the forum "oh, they said a bad thing about me and I'm hurt" I feel like some dysfunctional dad in a wife-beater t-shirt who has to put down his beer, get off the sofa and grab for my belt. I mean come on, it's a web forum. They called me names - that's soooo kindergarten. If you're a true warrior, fight about things that matter - oppression, poverty, disease, suffering, injustice, the list goes on... and being called a name just ain't on it. Learn to swallow your broken teeth, blood and all.

OK, thanks for letting me vent, everyone. The dark side? Oh yeah. It's more frustration with the deluded, or with my own delusions. But if I can get a doublebarreled light saber, I'm down. ;)

ewallace
04-04-2002, 10:47 AM
dysfunctional dad in a wife-beater t-shirt who has to put down his beer, get off the sofa and grab for my belt
Don't talk about me like that Gene.

ratman201
04-04-2002, 11:00 AM
A couple of years ago I had a big party at my apartment. It got a bit out of hand, and alot of stuff got broken. Around 3 or 4 am I found pages from my roomate's (who thankfull wasn't there) Torah ripped out. While I'm not Jewish I really have a problem with people who disrespect some one elses religion for no reason. Well I snapped. I topple an 8ft tall oak bookself on two of my boys then tried to strangle one of them. Two of my other friends had to hold me down on the ground while everyone else left. It didn't help that I was really drunk and that my other roomate who was supposed to help keep order got arrested on his way to get more beer. Over all a bad night. I never found out who actually ripped out those pages, but I have my suspicions. In the end roomate who owned it thought his girlfriend knocked it off the shelf. So in the end everyone had a good laugh. Well except my roomates.

Ray Pina
04-04-2002, 11:10 AM
"though I am normaly calm and logical person, I get that passion whenever I fight, whether serious as in a actually fight or a match"

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-04-2002, 11:46 AM
i bet i could beat out most of you, if not all of you, for the biggest knuckles on the forum. they are huge and on both hands my ring finger knuckle looks like a broken tooth as it's the only one that has remained normal size. (my pinky knuckle has been enlarged from hitting wrong sometimes). i have been getting allot better, but i had a very serious problem with breaking **** when fighting with my girlfriend. christ i'll be putting up my 3rd bathroom door this weekend (i havent hit it in a long time, but have been procrastenating buying a new one. i managed to push the splintered wood back into place so you couldn't see in and kept putting it off). im also on my 3rd kitchen table, second computer desk, 4th set of kitchen chairs, 3rd computer chair, 2nd ps2 (i bought a 2 year unlimited warrenty cause i knew i'd end up braking it during a fight with her), 2nd refrigerator, 3rd kid . .. the list goes on.

there are allot of things in my past that have developed these habbits, but i eventually decided i needed to grow the hell up. the only thing i was joking about was the kid . ... everything else is sadly true. the turning point for me is when suzi and i were fighting in the kitchen and i popped off three jabs in the wall and i realized adora saw me do it from the living room. it's gotten easier as adora's gotten older because she now understands what's going on and i cant be doing that ****. hell a couple months ago i even took the putty back down to the basement. it always stayed in the kitchen waiting to fill then next hole. at least now you can give me some putty and a roll of paper towls and no one will ever know there was a hole in the wall in under 5 minutes. could come in handy for real accidents in the future. i'm glad i rent.

Kristoffer
04-04-2002, 12:04 PM
GDA

I used to be just like you. Hitting stuff ALL the time. Breaking ****, releasing my anger with violence. I have grown out of it, (not all, there r still there in me) but not so much now :) Hey GDA, you have a beautiful daughter. Don't hurt her man, be careful.

Dark Knight
04-04-2002, 12:21 PM
"The "good" side is a little untrustworthy weenie that needs to be jackslapped occasionaly to keep it in line. All sweetness and light and good thoughts until it gets backed into a corner. Then it becomes an embarrasing two faced little weasil. "

he he he

Sean the Black
04-04-2002, 01:38 PM
I'm a Scorpio....I am the dark side.............on a more serious note I had a bad problem with my temper smoking seems to keep me balanced though:D that and when I feel the killing urge I try to train myself to death

African Tiger
04-04-2002, 03:09 PM
You missed it.

A few weeks ago, I wanted to beat the **** out of this little twerp who kept flaming me on this chat board. I even went so far as to double my training time in preparation for the fight. Of course, it didn't happen, cause his Biitch ass backed down!!!! :D

****WARINING: USELESS STAR WARS REFERENCE *********

"Excellent young Skywalker! Now strike out with all your anger and join me at my side!"

joedoe
04-04-2002, 05:28 PM
I once posessed the dark side, but a Satanic priest exorcised me. It was pretty boring anyway. :D