PDA

View Full Version : OTish->photography,china,kung fu

SUGREF
04-04-2002, 08:40 AM
Hey all,

If anyone here is into photography, I need your sound help and advice.

I will be heading off to China (touch wood) at the end of the summer for a year and will hopefully be continuing my MA studies. I have been tepmted to get into photography, and now that I am nearly finished my studies, I will have the time to be more creative.

My problem is that I am buying a camera, but not sure what to get. Most of my pictures will be scenic, portraits, and will hopefully build a large portfolio of the gong fu lads I will be with on my travels. It is my first SLR camera to buy and am on a budget. Looking to buy Canon 3000 with 35-80mm lens, but want to get 28-90 lens with similar body - something relatively light and sturdy. Is this the sort of thing I should be looking to buy?

If anyone has experience with cameras and what you need for good scenic AND action photos, please tell me your story.

Cheers!

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-04-2002, 08:43 AM
my buddy is real into photogrophy. ill email him if you don't get any responces today.

SUGREF
04-04-2002, 08:45 AM
Oh, and if anyone has good pics of fightin', stick em on here - would love to see what can be done!

SUGREF
04-04-2002, 08:47 AM
Cheers mate!

GLW
04-04-2002, 10:46 AM
I have been doing photography for a number of years and have had several photos published in things like Inside Kung Fu or this magazine before Gigi and company bought it.... The cover of Tai Yim a few years back doing the side kick with the broadsword was my work.

Drop me a line at glw51@hotmail.com and we can discuss it a bit.