PDA

View Full Version : I'm willing to admit it

KC Elbows
04-05-2002, 08:51 AM
I'm a big guy, and I like to throw people.

There, I said it. I like to throw people. Hard.

I like throwing little people, too. Because they fly so well.

I'd throw a child too, if he was asking for it. Not my child, but some random child. Like the kid who stares at you in line at the grocery store. I say throw him. I mean, be nice. Chin na him and drag him into the diaper aisle and throw him right into a big mound of Huggies. But throw him.

Just keep in mind that sometimes what happened to me last night in sparring will happen. You'll go to throw someone, and it'll all end up on the ground. Then, if they know what their doing, it can get dangerous. I ended up getting choked out, and it was cool, cause most of my sparring partners(except my teacher) don't know how to take me on the ground, so I don't get a lot of practice against skilled grapplers. So I learned.

Next time I'm at the grocery store, I'm choking out that kid. Cause martial arts is a lesson for life.

Water Dragon
04-05-2002, 08:55 AM
That's why I love Shuai Chiao and BJJ. Take 'em down and keep 'em there. Having ability on the ground also encourages you to go all out in your throwing attempts.

shaolinboxer
04-05-2002, 09:05 AM
That's funny, I'm not such a big guy, and I love to throw guys who outweight me by 80 lbs or more, especially if they are tall.

Throwing little people is too easy and can be boring.

ewallace
04-05-2002, 09:07 AM
KC did GDA get a hold of your screen name?

KC Elbows
04-05-2002, 09:09 AM
shaolin,
At 6'3"", 220 lbs, I don't run imto too many big guys to throw. Plu, I find it harder to throw liitle guys correctly with throws that involve leg traps, as most of ours do. Little guys tend to move around a lot. This, of course, is not universally true, but it does happen.

KC Elbows
04-05-2002, 09:11 AM
GDA is my hero. He has warrior spirit, and warrior spit.

shaolinboxer
04-05-2002, 09:21 AM
There are days I wish I were 6'3" 220 instead of 5'9" 165 (I had to lift for almost 2 years to get up to that weight, when I was invovled in sanshou, I weighed 145). Being of small stature, it's a bit hard to be imposing. Sometimes the best way to avoid a fight is simply to be big.

The way we practice, the big guys are much harder to move, their wrists seem like tree trunks, and they can out muscle you pretty easily if your technique is poor. Sometimes, trying to throw them and screwing up really hurts. Many of our throws are done by controling the head and neck, and I sometimes have to leap and catch the guys head on the fly to get him to go.

I think you'd find it interesting if you trained with bigger guys (like those giants from Holland, when I went there I felt like a midget...even the chicks were taller then me).

At the same time, smaller folks are good for refining technique and smaller movements.

KC Elbows
04-05-2002, 09:26 AM
We had a couple of SWAT guys train with us for fun for a couple days. They were huge.

Fortunately, both guys were slow on footwork(not saying they were bad fighters, just that they were not fast at footwork), and half of all our throws involve uprooting the legs. Even big, once the legs are uprooted, trying to muscle out just unbalances you even further.

However, I had to change my fighting a bit from that experience. Certain strikes that I can soak from smaller guys and guys my size were scary from those guys.

ewallace
04-05-2002, 09:34 AM
I wouldn't doubt that at all. My wife works in the apartment business. At the last place she worked the courtesy officer was a swat officer (and a golden gloves boxer). Very sadly one night while trying to arrest a burglary suspect, his gun was taken out of the holster by the suspect and he was shot and killed. A few weeks later his wife was moving out of her apartment which was the next building over from ours. Pretty much the entire san antonio swat team had just helped her move out of the apartment (I was told it took 20 minutes to clear the entire place out). I have never seen so many downright big, mean-looking dudes in a 50 square foot area.

Sharky
04-05-2002, 10:17 AM
I hate it when swat operations go wrong - it's usually down to bad planning/command.

diego
04-05-2002, 11:20 AM
flicks ash on cigar, places in ashtray...cannonballs into mountian of blow.:)