PDA

View Full Version : What is the most complete martial art in your opinion?

Aramus
10-05-2001, 06:04 PM
What is the most complete martial art and why do you that?
I suppose one would have to define what a complete art. I chose not to do this, because I don't want to hinder anyone's answer. But if you could describe what you think is a complete art as well, that would be most helpful.

Have fun!

Taoist Disciple
10-05-2001, 08:19 PM
Aramus,

you have to be joking. Please tell me you're joking.

I don't write things here.

Water Dragon
10-05-2001, 08:35 PM
The one you study

You may take my life, but you will never take my Freedom

Ralek
10-05-2001, 08:39 PM
i would have to say brazilian jiujitsu is the most complete SINGLE style. In NHB matches fighters who have strong grappling can get away with poor striking. Put auwsome strikers can not get away with poor grappling.

This shows that grappling is the MOST important skill. So make sure your doing brazilian jiujitsu so you will have the grappling. And you can do muy thai for the striking.

I am the Grand Ultimate Fist

Scott R. Brown
10-05-2001, 08:56 PM
Ralek,

And then on the street while you are busy on the ground putting some guy in an arm bar or a choke hold his buddies will be clobbering you with beer bottles, baseball bats, kicking you in the head with their boots.

Sincerely,

Scott

MonkeySlap Too
10-05-2001, 10:34 PM
Why Chung Moo Quan / Oom Yung Doe, of course.

I am a big beleiver in luck. The more I work, the more luck I have.

Archangel
10-05-2001, 10:49 PM
It's been my experience that no martial art is fully complete. Even if you look at the martial sciences/sports which I am a big fan of; they all specialize with a specific facet of fighting and by themselves are no where near complete. Now with the hybrid styles now emerging people are starting to address their own styles and personal weaknesses. I guess it's up to the person and how serious they are to determine how to deal with various situations and ranges of fighting. Developing a person into a complete fighter, I think is asking too much from one art.

SevenStar
10-05-2001, 11:24 PM
I feel that combining the striking techniques of Street fighter 2 and Tekken, mixed with BJJ would be a very complete art. I have tested this in battle - I can't prove it though - you just have to take my word for it.

"You ain't got enough calcium to have a bone to pick wit me,
like a Gracie, I'll choke a ***** out wit his own gi" - Rass Kass

Xebsball
10-06-2001, 04:00 AM
But on Street Fighter remember to focus on Sagat's techniques, since he is the most effective.

-------------------------
"Faltou luz mas era Dia, o Sol invadiu a sala. Fez da tv um espelho, refletindo o que a gente esquecia."

Budokan
10-06-2001, 04:10 AM
Tae bo. 'Nuff said.

K. Mark Hoover

SifuAbel
10-06-2001, 06:08 AM
I think the new style of Jamaican rastafarian jew jitsu is by far the most complete or at least the grooviest.

Are you immortal?
sifuabel@yahoo.com

Xebsball
10-06-2001, 08:33 AM
No martial art can be more complete than Zen Chi Fa.

-------------------------
"You will never need to feel weak, helpless, indecisive, not fascinating or ashamed of your genital dimensions. GOOD-BYE Humiliation. Bullies, Karate Experts, Boxing Champions, traffic wardens will melt to pulp as you master every situation."
Master Deltoo
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Stadium/2477/