PDA

View Full Version : Game of Death

RAYNYSC
05-05-2000, 06:46 AM
I just read an article about The Game Of Death. & if what I read is true & I hope that it is.

Why is that you may ask?...... Well the way I see it there's going to be a whole new out look on the art of J.K.D.

After all it was BRUCE LEE himself who made it a point in each of his movie's that he made..... Had to have some type of lesson about the art of JEET KUNE DO!!!!!!

Now if I'm wrong in seeing it in this way then please feel free to let me know why I'm wrong in your eye's.......

------------------
RAYNYSC

Subitai
10-22-2000, 08:07 AM
Hi all,

Just came back from San Fran. I attended the showing of Bruce Lee: "A Warrior's Journey" at the Chinese Cultural center.

* It had a very awesome collection of Bruce Lee memorabilia.

* John Littles well researched movie/documentary on BRUCE containing more than 20mins. of never before seen footage of the movie. It was a great treat for me. I felt honored, after 27 yrs of waiting to see the real deal footage as it was meant by Bruce.
* I got to meet Lynda Lee Caldwell, John L. and Diana Inosanto. Shannon was too busy.

Lynda is a real class act. She is very gracious to acomodate her(Bruces') fans and gave each person her utmost attention.

* They even had a reception afterwards.

The new fight footage was awesome and the dialoge as Bruce had intended it was total classic Bruce.
Very funny too!!!

This video will not be sold to the public until spring of next year. I'm glad I got in to the limited showing.

Anyway just thought you guys might like to hear this stuff.

"O" /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

chuck
10-23-2000, 12:23 AM
I was there too!!!!!!!!!
it was KICKASS, some parts of them fighting in the pagoda was hilarious...

Hey Subitai, your not the guy that went for 5ths on the reception food was it? ( I KNOW IT WAS YOU )

garbutt
04-08-2002, 03:27 PM
Hi,

Do you know the Bruce Lee film Game of death, which was made using a small amount of the actual film filed with Bruce Lee. Well how come when they discovered the correct story line and scrpt, why didnt they remake the film as Bruce Lee intend it to be.

Thanx
Dave

yenhoi
04-08-2002, 05:25 PM
Because.

Thier intention was to make money in the now, rather then honor the intentions of Bruce Lee, and possibly make more money in the later.

red5angel
04-08-2002, 05:43 PM
Some guy in Korea is making a new movie with Bruce Lee! It is of course going to be computer generated but still.

LEGEND
04-09-2002, 06:19 AM
Go to Best Buy or SUNCOAST...there was a dvd recently made by JOHN LITTLE about Bruce Lee Game of Death footage...it shows all he filmed!!! I saw it recently on Sunday...it was excellent! There was actually 2 other characters that accompany BRUCE in his fight against the 3 badguys! Plus there was an interesting showing of footages of HK rooftop full contact no glove challenge fights. It was really good! It showed traditional CMA in all out fights...very very interesting.

hughes
04-09-2002, 08:37 AM
I've seen that too, the REAL game of death footage with Bruce Lee is brilliant, esp the nunchuck fight SMACK "like that?" guy drops guard, Bruce hits guy back harder "like that?!" lol

Ryu
04-09-2002, 10:30 AM
Legend is it only on DVD??

I'm so behind the times... :( er..uh..not in MA though :D

Ryu

garbutt
04-09-2002, 10:35 AM
I think ive got it on video, cos i got this boxedset of Enter the dragon and the worrior and on the worrier a documentary by John Little the missing footage from The game of death is on it.

Thanx
Dave

LEGEND
04-09-2002, 10:39 AM
Don't know about VHS cause I don't look for that anymore bro!

I especially like the HK rooftop fight footages...I use to think they were light point fighting match...it's different than say a full contact toe to toe fight...you see the CMA guys charging toward the guy...no sidestep is possible...chain punching with a few knowdowns...

rogue
06-06-2004, 07:35 PM
I caught the fight scene of game of death this afternoon. Wow, what a pile. Dan Innosanto has come a very long way in his stick work since then. Bruce Lee just didn't seem very good at movie fu compared to Jet Li or Jackie Chan. And then there's Kareem, what can you say. Ji Han Jae looked the best. Martial arts movies have come far since then.

Chang Style Novice
06-06-2004, 09:56 PM
Dude, don't dis the Kareem fight - I love that scene!

Kickboxer
06-06-2004, 10:37 PM
I thought Jet Li and Jackie Chan aren't fighters like Bruce Lee, bur rather Wushu choreographers/practitioners/stuntmen. I know Jet Li attended CMA schools earlier in his life, but he's no pro athlete.

Ikken Hisatsu
06-06-2004, 11:39 PM
well its kind of difficult to judge bruce lees movie fu off a movie he had only shot a small part of before dying.

Starchaser107
06-07-2004, 12:34 AM
don't hate on bruce.

dodger87
06-07-2004, 04:38 AM
Even thought Jet and Jack produce better movies I just love Bruce Lee's character. Doesn't take crap from anyone, short tempered and does a high pitch scream everytime he hits someone.

GeneChing
06-07-2004, 09:02 AM
...a Got Game? shirt... (http://store.martialartsmart.net/992003.html)

pac_zao
11-10-2006, 01:29 PM
salutations,

i was just watching "bruce lee: the warrior's journey" and watched the fight scenes to the "game of death". it's an obvious that bruce never finished or even complete making this long awaited movie and there are rumors about the ending. so that in turn...

if you had a chance to write the ending to "game of death" AFTER bruce defeated kareem abdul jabar's character...how would it end?

i'll put mines out later on this

Chief Fox
11-10-2006, 03:49 PM
A meteor is hurling it's way towards earth and Bruce goes up in the space shuttle, lands on it and kicks the cr@p out of it with his newly developed fighting techniques.

The Xia
11-10-2006, 11:17 PM
salutations,

i was just watching "bruce lee: the warrior's journey" and watched the fight scenes to the "game of death". it's an obvious that bruce never finished or even complete making this long awaited movie and there are rumors about the ending. so that in turn...

if you had a chance to write the ending to "game of death" AFTER bruce defeated kareem abdul jabar's character...how would it end?

i'll put mines out later on this
I'd digitally add a fight. It would be Bruce Lee vs. Jar Jar Binks.

TenTigers
11-11-2006, 10:44 AM
he throws himself off of the top balcony of the pagoda, and lands to find himself at the foot of the steps clutching a single prayer bead.

ingchao
11-11-2006, 11:22 PM
He climbs to the top of the Pagoda and yells...

Whas up nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!( add echo effect)

us0kch
06-08-2007, 04:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TcYWvNi7zA

Not sure if this was posted b4, but the scene starting from 2:12 kinda makes me wonder if Bruce pulled a page out of a Looney Toones cartoon. Probably the 1st time
I've seen him in a funny skit. :)

doug maverick
06-09-2007, 07:30 AM
this footage has been floating around for years.

GeneChing
06-12-2007, 09:29 AM
Honoring Bruce: San Francisco's Chinese Cultural Center Hosts Bruce Lee Event (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=280)
There's some discussion of Bruce Lee: A Warrior's Journey which showcased the 'lost' GoD footage towards the end of this article.

Ultimatewingchun
06-19-2009, 09:04 PM
This is pretty cool. Never saw this before...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuG2PDVTp_0&feature=related

GeneChing
08-05-2014, 12:52 PM
KAREEM ABDUL-JABBAR'S Bruce Lee Poster ... WORTH FIGHTING FOR! (http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/04/kareem-abdul-jabbar-cant-get-his-signed-game-of-death-poster/)
8/4/2014 12:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2014/07/31/0731-abdul-jabbar-poster-main-watermarked-3.jpg

Here it is ... a photo of the Bruce Lee poster that Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is going to war over ... and now we totally understand why -- it's pretty awesome.

The piece contains a poster from the 1978 flick "Game of Death" -- where Bruce and Kareem beat the crap out of each other ... until Lee eventually takes out KAJ's character in an epic fight scene.

The poster is currently in the possession of Julien's Auction House -- which claims it obtained the item fair and square (and an arbitrator agreed) ... from KAJ's LLC... but he is still suing to try to get it back.

Kareem's also fighting over 151 other items -- including a rocking chair he got as a gift during his farewell season in 1989 (that's his son singing the national anthem!).

Julien's says the plan is to eventually auction off both items -- and Kareem can feel free to bid ... if he feels like it.

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2014/07/31/0731-abdul-jabbar-singing-sub-3.jpg

"I was very emotional" he told us in a statement, "this chair has been in my home since 1989 and it's the place I like to sit and read."

"While I much prefer to be on a basketball court, Julien's has forced me into Superior Court to obtain the return of my personal property. I have faith in the judicial process and fully expect to win this dispute."

Cool poster. I'd fight for that too.

GeneChing
10-19-2017, 09:21 AM
Talk about a throwback Thursday. I only cut&pasted the Game of Death bit. If you want to read about the shock therapy for sexual perversions, you'll have to follow the link.

Shock therapy for ‘sexual perversions’, kung fu clashes and supersonic jetliners: Hong Kong headlines from four decades ago (http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/community/article/2116053/shock-therapy-sexual-perversions-kung-fu-clashes-and)
A journey back through time to look at significant news and events reported by the South China Morning Post during this week in history
PUBLISHED : Thursday, 19 October, 2017, 1:05pm
UPDATED : Thursday, 19 October, 2017, 9:42pm

https://cdn2.i-scmp.com/sites/default/files/styles/980x551/public/images/methode/2017/10/19/35b3f516-b46d-11e7-95c2-e7a557915c7a_1280x720_212934.jpg

Luisa Tam

Forty years ago this week, it seemed like supersonic jets like the Concorde would transform international air travel forever. Meanwhile in Hong Kong, electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) had come into fashion for treating mental conditions in local hospitals. The city also began to dabble in democracy when a visiting British MP suggested giving locals more say at the lower levels of government.

October 16, 1977
● Clashes broke out between European and local extras during the filming of a kung fu fight scene at Golden Harvest studios. The clash took place after a small group of extras were called back to do more scenes after two gruelling all-night sessions. The fight scenes were for the film Game of Death that had been left unfinished when martial arts legend Bruce Lee died suddenly in July 1973.