PDA

View Full Version : Questions about chi

DrunkenMunky
04-08-2002, 07:52 PM
I've been doing a lot of reading about chi and I'm still kinda confused about some stuff. Basically what I see is that if I ejaculate I lose my chi. So if I lose chi, does it effect my fighting or my forms? Does losing chi make me lose strength? Any help would be very appreciated.

Justa Man
04-09-2002, 11:00 AM
while i'm not gonna go into great detail about this, cuz it would take longer than my lunch break allows, i'll help you understand this a bit better.
when you ejac you lose your jing. jing is the life energy (or chi) we were born with. your body uses your jing (life energy, original chi, etc) to help make semen the life giving serum it is. while busting less may not exactly translate into you living longer, it will translate into a healthier stronger, more vibrant life.
i haven't ejaced in over 2 months and i can go stronger on 5 hours of sleep than i ever could, as a small example.
keep ejaculating and your body will grow weaker faster. you will age faster. so as far as fighting or form is concerned, of course they will be affected to some degree, because the car you are racing with isn't in top condition.
help some?

mono68
04-09-2002, 12:53 PM
DM: There are some teachings out there just as Justa man state will mention of the depletion of your energy the more you ejaculate. This depends on the teachings for example Monks believed for you not to become weaker you must abstain from losing your chi. While there are some Taoist belief were you share you energy with your partner when being intimate. Also there are some teachings were by doing specific chi gong you can maintain and enhance your energy. This is a topic which you can talk or get info from Chi gong teachers. Hope this helped , My two cents.

IronFist
04-09-2002, 01:14 PM
How the hell do you go 2 months? How old are you? Doesn't it come out in other ways if you hold it in for too long?

IronFist

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-09-2002, 01:42 PM
*squirt*

i got my priorities.

Repulsive Monkey
04-09-2002, 02:26 PM
Jing is considered in Toaist alchemy and Chinese Medicine as your constitutional health, and unfortunately it is finite. Some people are born with bags of it (obviously they had healthy parents!) and therefore can do all manner of wreckless things in their life and still seem uneffected by it. People who are bron with a small amount usually suffer from a sickly childhood and die younger than most people with the added fact of being very prone to all sorts of disease that the body just isn't strong enough to ward off. However most people have a fairly substantial supply at birth and therefore have the option to lead a haelthy or unhealthly life. Here is not tha place to go into what constitutes healthy and un healthy, I suppose one just has to modertae and sensible. However Jing is also referred to as Pre-Natal Qi, and many Qi Gong and Taiji and other Internalist Masters realised that even though one has a limited amount of Pre-Natal Qi one can acquire bags of Post-Natal Qi mainly by practising internal arts, eating sound diets, conducting their general lifestyles with a healthy motive and by meditating too. Yes loosing Semen does deplete Jing but one can be moderate in this and suppliment it with healthy aspects in other areas of life. If you're not an abstaining monk then don't act like one.

prana
04-09-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by IronFist
How the hell do you go 2 months? How old are you? Doesn't it come out in other ways if you hold it in for too long?

IronFist not always, you can train yourself to hold it in when you are alseep, that is, just before it is going to shoot. The only hard thing about it is not becoming attached to it coming.

The usual pattern is, energy collects, you wake up (naturally, as you would) just before the point of no return, you quickly hold it, and move the energy elsewhere, and.... you go back to sleep.

Nexus
04-09-2002, 07:41 PM
Prana's explanation is pretty much exactly on the dot. Usually nocturnal emission on the rise will wake you up and you have about a split moment to choose if you wish to hold it in or not. This is a matter of willpower more than anything, and if you are still attached to letting it flow out then chances are you will ejaculate and there will be little you can do about it. One key factor in holding it in is having a very healthy and strong perenium (anus area, the muscle between the genitals and the poop-chute)

- Nexus

guohuen
04-09-2002, 08:00 PM
Also known as the huiyin point.

anton
04-09-2002, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by guohuen
Also known as the huiyin point.

ot: this is also a dim mak point is it not?

Nexus
04-10-2002, 10:17 AM
A nice heel kick to the lower dan tien would be more devestating.

Justa Man
04-10-2002, 02:40 PM
i'm 26. before last night, i never had problems with nocturnal emissions. but last night there was this BANGING asian female who was all about me at some random party, and i woke up about 4 seconds too late. now i gotta start all over again! :(

prana and nexus, since yall seem to have some experience in these matters....what did leak out last night was not thick and viscous like my semen of old, but thinner...more liquidy. still white, but slightly more clear. any thoughts ?

dezhen2001
04-10-2002, 03:42 PM
Justa: i know how that feels :( d@mn annoying when you're trying to train... but at least there was a hot chik all over ya :p

david

bamboo_ leaf
04-10-2002, 04:41 PM
Get a small cup save what was “wasted” mix it up in protein drink, problem solved! :)

prana
04-10-2002, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Justa Man
i'm 26. before last night, i never had problems with nocturnal emissions. but last night there was this BANGING asian female who was all about me at some random party, and i woke up about 4 seconds too late. now i gotta start all over again! :(

prana and nexus, since yall seem to have some experience in these matters....what did leak out last night was not thick and viscous like my semen of old, but thinner...more liquidy. still white, but slightly more clear. any thoughts ?

LOL

if it comes, then let it come. Don't worry, it is okay to lose some, you aren't exactly in vow not too.

BTW, I don't practise this sort of thing. It is something that happens as a side-effect, and you learn to control it when it does. But I dont practise "holding it in for months".

guohuen
04-10-2002, 07:20 PM
Clear is good. It's just overflow. Don't overdo it. The prostate needs working out too.

David Jamieson
04-10-2002, 07:32 PM
the taoists practices that have been mentioned regarding the retention of semen as a method of gaining longevity are pretty intersting to be sure.
so much so the texts concerning them were banned about 300 years ago!

anyway, modern science tells us that the sperm must be replenished to be effective. There are not many studies (surprisingly) in the west outside of sports medicine minor stuff that deals with the retention of sperm/semen (jing).

The belief that longevity and power would be the result of this retention is pretty much a taoist concept from the various paths sought to gain immortality.

I personally am uncertain if they bear any physically measurable results other than those of a psychosematic nature associated with the practice.

stagnancy in the use of the stuff leads to lowered testosterone levels though, that has been documented, so replenishment is good, overuse of anything is not usually beneficial.

So, nocturnal emission is quite normal in young males, as is autoerotic stimulation. Actually it's normal in all males who are still sexually active, or "producing".

anyway, nothing to worry about, better that you wake up surprised with that than without it :D

no jing = bad

peace

IronFist
04-11-2002, 12:04 AM
And some people think kung fu forums are boring :)

This guy I know says he didn't shoot for like 4 weeks (it was a bet with this chick... don't ask ;) ) and when he did he said it was thicker and yellower than usual or something. What's up with that? Just like extra concentrated from lack of use or something?

IronFist

prana
04-11-2002, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by IronFist
And some people think kung fu forums are boring :)

This guy I know says he didn't shoot for like 4 weeks (it was a bet with this chick... don't ask ;) ) and when he did he said it was thicker and yellower than usual or something. What's up with that? Just like extra concentrated from lack of use or something?

IronFist

Hi Iron :)

as distasteful as the descriptions sound..... lol

It is possibly to do with your bodies hydration. I dont think not coming for 10 years would make your clear as water, but I really dont know, I dont practise this sort of thing... not yet.

Someone else care to liberate ?

red_fists
04-11-2002, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by prana
Someone else care to liberate ?

Liberate what?? Jing?

Methinks you mean elaborate.

P.S.: Me bored.

Dragon
04-11-2002, 03:21 AM
Get a small cup save what was “wasted” mix it up in protein drink, problem solved!

ROFL! Dear GOD!

not sure anyone wants my opinion, but in Tai Chi you learn to harness and circulate the Chi energy. You can pull energy into your body through meditation as well. Thats not enough?

I may be out of place posting on this subject, but for one moment look at that quote above, make a mental picture of yourself and truely, is that what you want your life to be like?
If you want to increase your vitality and live a longer life get a Girlfriend to give you love, and a cat as a pet. (They reduce stress apparently. Cats that is.)

Nasty, NASTY protein drink....

Liokault
04-11-2002, 03:32 PM
Chi Qi Ki what ever dose not exist.......Its mumbo jumbo made up hundreds of years ago by guys who had no real idea of anatomy or the workings of the human body. As such they put in place a conviluted story about chi and its movement around the body. In reality its just breathing and geting oxigen into your body.

prana
04-11-2002, 04:47 PM
sure it doesnt, and Goktimus isn't back....

joedoe
04-11-2002, 05:07 PM
Liokault - sure. Of course you are right. And TCM is a load of rubbish that doesn't work either.

prana, you could be right ;).

dezhen2001
04-11-2002, 05:09 PM
with you 2 supersleuths on the case i think you'll find the answer :D

david

joedoe
04-11-2002, 05:13 PM
Any way you can verify that he really is from Oxford? That is usually the first test.

dezhen2001
04-11-2002, 05:24 PM
don't know anything about the place, sorry mate :(

david

Liokault
04-12-2002, 10:11 AM
Yep im from oxford. Any way i must go and develope my aura....its been a bit blue/red lately.

Justa Man
04-12-2002, 12:53 PM
bamboo leaf you gotta be joking.

liukault what are you smoking and do they sell nickel bags?

I personally am uncertain if they bear any physically measurable results other than those of a psychosematic nature associated with the practice.

kung lek, i'm not too sure either but it seems to make common sense. semen has half of what is needed to create a life, so it takes some of your life to make it. save the semen, you prolong or vitalize your own. waddaya think?

Leonidas
04-12-2002, 02:42 PM
LMAO, a whole thread about sperm. Can you atleast do one thing and stop with the descriptions of colors and the like.

NafAnal
04-12-2002, 03:51 PM
oxford is a gay gay place

DrunkenMunky
05-05-2002, 06:29 PM
Ok say I don't ejaculate for a month or so, then if you ejaculate you lose all the chi you just built up? Does having a lot of chi give you more energy? Also, will having good chi give me more physical power?

Godzilla
05-06-2002, 10:47 AM
This reminds me when Rocky's coach told him "No women before the big fight." Perhaps coach knows best?

Godzilla

wooha
05-28-2002, 06:56 AM
Yo Liokault, where abouts in Oxford are you? Where are you training at?

And to the guy that called my city gay.. yeah, you could be right.. but hey!

scotty1
05-28-2002, 07:57 AM
I just don't go in for all this semen retention stuff.

Basically, after you've shot you feel all relaxed and tired. Obviously not good for training. Takes a couple days (whatever) to build it back up again right? When you need to shoot you have a lot of energy yeah? Feel a bit intense if you haven't sh@gged for a while.

Jesus, if you sit around wanking all the time then your spirit is going to be low anyway, cos you don't have a girl.

Everything in moderation lads. Cum when you need to, but recognise that making a hobby out of shaking hands with the unemployed is going to sap your energy.

I don't agree with trying to stop something that occurs naturally.

Ejaculating is good, m'kay?

BTW, do girls lose jing when they come?

Repulsive Monkey
05-28-2002, 09:02 AM
No women don't lose their jing in that way. They mainly lose it via too many childbirths or leaving small durations of time between a child birth. Women also have tonnes more because, due to periods, they lose Qi in their blood naturally through menstruation. This is why women who get acupuncture are usually given Qi tonification right after their periods finish bring them back up again.

fa_jing
05-28-2002, 12:10 PM
I love this topic. ;)

You can still develop your chi, even with moderate sexual activity.

Retaining can help your meditation and energy levels and helps leg endurance.

Sex (with ejac) with a loving partner, relaxes you, triggers an energy rebuilding process. You may sleep well, and after 48 hours your physical endurance is near 100%, IMO. Let's not lose sight of the positive effects of sex.

I think the important thing is to not let the sex urge dominate you. And as others have said, lose the emotional attachment to ejaculation. So it happens in the proper context.

One good way to feel emotionally strong and in control, in this regard, is to go about 1 month w/out ejaculating. Then, you know you can do it, you feel that the sex urge does not dominate you. Rather, you are in control and use the energies as you see fit. After this experiment, you may not need to go this long again w/out. Unless you have really ambitious meditation goals.

If for some reason you are without a partner, or your partner is laid up, don't 'bate. Control your nightly emissions, within reason, you may want to follow some Chinese sources, which indicate that having a night-time emission more often than every two weeks is a problem that requires attention. Normal for many people is once a month, assuming little to no stimulus. Keep up the exercise. Avoid cigarettes.

-FJ

nospam
05-28-2002, 06:12 PM
..too **** funny.

Keep it up :D

nospam.
:cool:

scotty1
05-29-2002, 12:48 AM
"Let's not lose sight of the positive effects of sex. "

**** straight.

"If you're not an abstaining monk then don't act like one."