PDA

View Full Version : MELTING in chum kil?

urban tea
04-08-2002, 09:07 PM
Does anyone experience a "MELTING" sensation when they play Chum Kil?

Or a big ball of energy that you can rotate while doing Bil Tse?

If so , I'd like to hear from you.

=]

S.Teebas
04-08-2002, 09:35 PM
Can you be more specific? ...what do you mean by melting?

anerlich
04-08-2002, 10:01 PM
The short answer is, "No".

urban tea
04-09-2002, 06:00 AM
No explanation is necessary. If you feel the melting you will know what I'm talking about.

Don't mean to be harsh...

yuanfen
04-09-2002, 06:19 PM
Melting? I know that feeling- even in the sil lim tao specially
in Arizona where it can hit 120 degrees fahrenheit in the
"shade"(where is that?) in July.

gnugear
04-09-2002, 06:31 PM
I can feel it in Sil Lum Tao.

It's like the center of my chest shrinks and drops ... almost like it's getting smaller. My stance usually sinks a bit lower when it happens.

Is this what you expereince?

urban tea
04-09-2002, 10:05 PM
Arizona,

How are the asian women out there? Is there a hiphop scene?

anerlich
04-10-2002, 09:30 PM
If you were barefoot on the desert sand at midday, there'd be a hiphop scene for sure.

yuanfen
04-10-2002, 09:51 PM
yes-lots of hip hop-ping in the state. This is not a public service announcement.

Chris99
04-10-2002, 11:09 PM
Yes, "melting", or settling. I have yet to learn the third form, but I am aware of my Tan Tien and the rotational energy within.

urban tea
04-18-2002, 06:34 AM
chris99!! who do you train with?

Alpha Dog
04-18-2002, 07:01 AM
You haven't learned Biao Zhi yet and already you are offering to travel to other countries to battle guys like Sunkuen?? You are either very brave or otherwise under the influence.

Chris99
04-18-2002, 09:45 AM
Hi Urban Tea,

I study with Carl Dechiara whose teacher is Kenneth Chung. We are of the Leung Sheung lineage.

Regards,
Chris

Chris99
04-18-2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Alpha Dog You are either very brave or otherwise under the influence. [/B]

Hi AD,
Well I am not under the influence. I have been studying martial arts for the last 8+ years, but only Wing Chun for around two years. I grew up in some rough areas as a young man so I'm not new to scraping. In my humble opinion and experience most martial artists are ineffective fighters due to their training methodology. Think what you want but Wing Chun skill doesn't come from just knowing the forms. I have met a few that have known the entire system of Wing Chun yet still they don't even have a root worth speaking of...not to mention their lack of fighting ability. I once heard someone (whose opinion in Wing Chun I trust more than my own) say that in a perfect world you wouldn't even begin training the second form until the third year, but realistically who would subject themselves to that slow of a training regimen. Keep in my I paraphrased this. The point is, what is the rush? True skill takes time and only hard, diligent work will get you there. I am in no rush to accumalte forms instead I seek knowledge and understanding of the system.

By the way AD, who is your teacher?

Regards,
Chris

Alpha Dog
04-18-2002, 10:39 AM
Take all the time in the world, Chris99, but if you are gonna go around challenging people you should wait till you're ready.

I learn from everyone, by the way.

Chris99
04-18-2002, 10:52 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Alpha Dog
[B]Take all the time in the world, Chris99, but if you are gonna go around challenging people you should wait till you're ready.

Hi AD,

Thanks for the concern. I considered the continual bashing of my teacher to be the challenge however and couple that with the fact that I have never been one to hide in the corner when things begin to happen...you get what you get. I did try to rationalize with Sunkuen before hand...in case you forgot.

Regards,
Chris

urban tea
04-18-2002, 11:34 AM
Chris,

I'd like to hear your training method on my "don chi" post... if you don't mind.

To everyone,

To get good at wc...you need foundation which equals MONTHS AND MONTHS OF PAIN!!!! stance.