PDA

View Full Version : I don't know if this will help your fighting

Mister Hansome
04-08-2002, 09:17 PM
What i do to try to do sometimes just to challenge myself is to look in my fridge then close the door, and then try to visualize what was there, and where it was. It helps you on your creativity, this could help in the factor of trying to find solutions in your daily life, thinking out of the box so you can find more possibilities to help you. You can try to read on ideologys you yourself do not understand, like I am buddhist, but i go to a catholic high school, so i learn about christianity and buddhism. It doesn't look like i'll convert, but still now i can almost look into see how they work, why they work, and who they work for. You can try to fit in the shoes of another man, to try to figure out problems how he would (just for fun). You can try to read up on a variety of books you have never read up on, like read books on chi and then other days read up on fantasy stories like LOTR. You can try puzzles, riddles, and crosswords, they should teach you to think faster. Play chess, don't go too fast, this deprives it of it's intelligence of it's meaning and strategy, if you don't sit and think your just some other guy who's moving a piece of wood over black and white colored paper in the pattern of checkers. You have to sit and think of ways to win, first it will take a while, but then you'll learn to be faster and more efficient without losing oppertunities that you could grab at. Watch TV, and try to relate things to your life, try to see how it can effect others and why it effect others. Watch news, and discovery channel on new findings.

These are just to help your mind grow, but i can imagine that when your mind can think efficiently it could effect you when your in combat. Like thinking to 5 different responses of defence to an offencive when usually you would only think of 2 which are less efficient. You would beable to think differently, so that you can figure out your opponents next move, or atleast surprise your enemy or opponent with newer moves you develope or just in the fact that you can be more unpredictable. Hey it can help you, try it and tell me how it helps you in the Martial Arts world of thinking.

tsunami surfer
04-08-2002, 10:58 PM
We do that drill in training all the time. Its called a KIM game (keep in mind). We wil put a bunch of gear on a table at the begining of training and look at it for a minute or 2. Then a few hours later have a written quiz on what we saw on the table. It is a motivator to get observant because every question you get wrong is 10 push ups.

red5angel
04-09-2002, 06:10 AM
I had to go through a serious course on that in the Marines. We would be given a fast 3 count to look into a room and then we had to turn away and tell the instructor what we saw. The thing was, you couldnt always tell him right away. He would ask you when he was "ready to hear it". So you could sit around for about 5 minutes or so mulling it over.
What I found really funny was, if you saw something that reminded you of someplace else you would start to "see" things from the other place and superimpose them on your memory!