PDA

View Full Version : When shall I eat my tuna then?

scotty1
04-09-2002, 01:29 AM
Is there any point in eating a tin of tuna immediately after a weights session?

On the rest day muscles are building, so obviously its good then, but straight after?

Justa Man
04-09-2002, 10:22 AM
it's a good idea to eat protein right after a workout, yes. and tuna has good fats as well, so eat away!

hkphooey
04-09-2002, 11:25 AM
define "right after".

by my definition of right after, your body isn't necessarily looking for protein. even if you gave it protein, it doesn't go "straight to your cells", like some say.

also, what is your objective?

INSANE MANTIS
04-09-2002, 05:26 PM
i lift alot,have for years now,i do this....i wait bout 15 mins....eat aminos,tuna straight out of the can,and some ramen noodles for carbs...i drink water too...drink alot of water when training..your muscles retain water...therefore blowing them up.......

Sharky
04-09-2002, 07:49 PM
whenever she tells you to, and she's yours for life

yu shan
04-09-2002, 08:27 PM
here here Sharky! no worries there.

INSANE MANTIS, you`ve got the right idea, aminos (very important) protein within 2 hours of your lift, not always tuna, baked chicken good, and always a little carbs with the protein, especially post lift, water water water! ah, and good Taiwan tea, with special friends.

like hkphooey said, what is your objective?

INSANE MANTIS
04-09-2002, 09:53 PM
tea sounds good also..think ill make some right now...

IronFist
04-10-2002, 07:07 PM
Um, as far as I know (which isn't much) high carbs are ok, even needed sometimes, after a workout. I think even people on keto diets can eat carbs immediately after a workout.

But, diet isn't my strong suit so I'm not exactly sure.

IronFist