PDA

View Full Version : Kinda bored, so UPDATE

qeySuS
04-09-2002, 12:48 PM
Sitting at home with nothing to do!

Figured i'd write up a post here (since i've been looking at the same KFO index for 3 days with some Brain thread at top :) ).

Last time i wrote i was asking if i should go for it and go train abroad so now this is where i am.

I just confirmed to the place i'm staying at that i'll be in USA from the beginning of June to middle of august, i'm up to 1400$ in money, should be up to about 2000$ next month (been working like craaazy, which in terms means i havent been training much). Dad just told me he might chip in a few 100$ if he could, but he's kinda short on money since both my parents are currently studying and not working so that would be kinda cool, but either way i'll be fine.

Got a cheap flight for about 850$ by making a detour to London and going from London to LA (saves me 200-300$).

Will be booking my flights this week or the next. So as long as i dont fail my exams that are coming up in 2 weeks i should be fine :)

This will of course mean that i will be able to settle once and for all if Knifefighter actually exists and tell SifuAbel about it.

rubthebuddha
04-09-2002, 01:10 PM
:)

while you're at it, stop off in maryland and check on rålek -- make sure he's okay ;)

IronFist
04-09-2002, 01:12 PM
Awesome dude, have fun in LA. There are some gorgeous girls there.

Good news: Do you have an accent when you speak English? Chicks think sexy.

Bad news: Some guys might find it sexy, too :eek:

Where are you "staying?" A hostel? Do we have hostels in America?

IronFist

Kempo Guy
04-09-2002, 01:23 PM
There are youth hostels in LA / Orange County. When I first visited LA I stayed at a youth hostel that was part of the YMCA.

qeySuS,
Are you going to be training while in LA?

KG

qeySuS
04-09-2002, 01:34 PM
Yup i'll be training, and i'll be staying at the place i'm training at. I'm basicly just going there to train.

Yes i have an accent, so i guess that's lucky me (plus i'm dead sexy so that's a plus).

I went to maryland in october, (Baltimore), didnt see anyone name Ralek :/

Mojo
04-09-2002, 02:55 PM
qeySuS
That's great news. What school will you be training at ? If you can make it over to Caique Jiu-Jitsu in Carson I'll introduce you to Knifefighter.
Are you sure Sifu Able exists ?

qeySuS
04-09-2002, 03:18 PM
lol maybe that's the question! :) San Bernadino isnt that far away is it? Maybe Abel is the guy i should be checking on, he's given the adress of his school though so i think he's ok.

I'll be at Next Generation, i remember Knifefighter saying some day he was there sometimes, so i figured i'd see him sometime :)

Mojo
04-09-2002, 03:47 PM
qeySus
San Bernadino is about 40 miles from Carson. It would be great if you could come by, maybe to visit the Sat class.

qeySuS
04-09-2002, 03:57 PM
Heh would be cool, but i have no prior grappling experience (going out to learn) and no Gi (Caique is Gi right?). So i dunno if that would work so well :)

Mojo
04-09-2002, 04:20 PM
Caique teaches gi, no gi, and also nhb and self defense. Ever other Sat is no gi, so that should work for you. If you want to try a gi class then he has gi's available for you to use.
He has recently started teaching a no gi beginners class every Thursday. That's the no gi class I take and where I regularly get my @ss handed to me.

GinSueDog
04-09-2002, 04:50 PM
qeySuS,
That's good to hear that everything is falling into place for you. You'll like Chris' school, lots of room to train, and tons of people to train with. Plus Chris is a great instructor, see you in June.-ED

rogue
04-09-2002, 08:21 PM
Hey you Carson/San Bernidino guys, is Bandini Mountain still around?