PDA

View Full Version : OT: Death of a Classmate.

red_fists
04-10-2002, 05:35 AM
Hi all.

Just got some shocking news from my Sifu.

One my Class-mates commited suicide last night after a Lesson.
Looks like she had a fight with her flat-mate and deliberately overdosed on medication.

Shocking thing is that she was only 26 and wanted to go overseas for a few years to study and spread our TCC Style a bit.
She was my Junior and we spend many hours on the weekend training together in the Park.

Kinda hits hard, when things like that happen close to you.

My Sifu of course is kinda devastated as it happened a few hours after she last saw her.

Sorry, but I think I needed to get that off my Chest.

scotty1
04-10-2002, 05:44 AM
Don't really know what to say. But I understand the need to get it off your chest.

:(

wangsizhong
04-10-2002, 06:15 AM
Truly sorry to hear the news...:(

My condolences

Wang Si Zhong

dezhen2001
04-10-2002, 06:23 AM
My condolences red_fists. tis hard when you lose someone so close, especially one such as this :(

take care,
david

guohuen
04-10-2002, 06:25 AM
Bummer. I'll pray for her. You too.

wu_de36
04-10-2002, 06:26 AM
red_fists,

I can imagine your pain, as our dojang has had similar problems. Luckily, they have been "close calls" but disturbing nonetheless. It's especially difficult when you're especially protective of your junior rank students.

Maybe you should try to arrange with your sifu a meeting with other students and give everyone a chance to mourn and vent. I'm sure there are others who are taking this very hard and possibly blaming themselves for various reasons.

My condolences to you and your kwoon.

ewallace
04-10-2002, 06:28 AM
That's terrible news. My condolences.

Ray Pina
04-10-2002, 06:56 AM
Man sorry to hear that. I had a classmate murdered when I was a kid.

Since then I've lost a lot of friends from DWI's, ODs, suicide. Never an easy thing. The ODs and suicides make me feel bad that they could not find the strenght inside to be happy. To see the big picture.

I often sensed their sorrow, made some comments, like: Well, at least you can go surf. But they completely withdrew. Only so much one can do for another. One has to do for themself.

Be well. Be there for your sifu.

PQS
04-10-2002, 07:06 AM
I'm really sorry
just try and trasure her memory
Peter

Mutant
04-10-2002, 09:21 AM
Sorry to hear that man, thats really sad...

SaMantis
04-10-2002, 10:09 AM
My condolences ... losing someone that way is very hard to understand.

Peace,

Sam

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-10-2002, 10:09 AM
sucks man. i been to more funerals than most people have birthday parties.

less than 6 months ago our senior student was killed in a car crash and less than 3 weeks ago a good friend blew his head off.

sad thing is that you get used to it.

Johnny Hot Shot
04-10-2002, 11:41 AM
Sorry to hear that.

GDA I don't think that death is something I would want to get used to. The first thing I thought of when I saw this was your thread about the car accident.

Be thankful for what you have.

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-10-2002, 11:54 AM
johnny .. ..

it's not something i wanted to get used to . .. . just happens after enough people die on you. it's not to say that im callous about it . ... i miss my classmate and i miss my friend ... just that there is only one death that could devistate me at this point.

fa_jing
04-10-2002, 12:02 PM
The finalilty of a loss is overwhelming. The hardest part is the acceptance phase. Good luck and definitely get together with your group, take wu_de36's advice and sound it out.

Johnny Hot Shot
04-10-2002, 12:04 PM
My heart goes out to you it really does.

Thinking about this hs made me sad. If I could send you a hug I would:(

Sharky
04-10-2002, 12:08 PM
my condolences.

it's unfortunate she had no one to talk turn to. her flatmate must feel like shi,t.

vixie
04-10-2002, 12:20 PM
I'm so sorry about your kf sister, my condolences to all who loved her.

very sincerely,
vixie

Leonidas
04-10-2002, 12:23 PM
So why the hell did she kill herself. It couldn't of just been over an argument with her flat-mate. Must be some deep seeded emotional scars. Oh yea, you got my condolences too.

Sharky
04-10-2002, 01:00 PM
Be a sensitive eh? I can never understand people who commit suicide - and i think that's a good thing.

It doesn't make sense, but it happens.

diego
04-10-2002, 01:22 PM
situations like this can make a bigboy solemn:confused:
PEACE
positive
energy
activates
constant
elevation!

red_fists
04-10-2002, 02:21 PM
Thanks, for everyone that replied.

We knew that she sufffered from depressions for some time, that was one of the reasons why she took up TCC.

The Service will be held tomorrow and in Japanese custom anybody that knew her can attend.

Thanks again.

P.S.: Feeling better after a night's sleep.