PDA

View Full Version : Good clean fun, broken rib.

JWTAYLOR
04-10-2002, 07:36 AM
Well, yet another broken bone.

I broke one of my ribs last Friday during sparring. It was 2 on one sparring. I swept one guy and went down with him. The other guy tripped over the guy I swept, falling on my rib with his knee. I felt the pop and something out of place. I had four more rounds that lasted a total of 1/2 an hour. By the end I just wanted to cry.

Then I got on my new motorcycle and rode an hour and a half to San Antonio for my Army Reserve drill.

Oh, and Knifefighter, if you're reading this, since I was already injured from my motorcyle wreck and I didn't want to stand up and trade blows with people, I did as much on the ground as possible. I pulled off an arm bar from the mount, and an arm bar from a butterfly guard after a sweep. I also got a submission from paper cutter and neck crank. Much of this was during 2 on one sparring. As long as the person was not very experienced, it did seem like the ground was a good place to be even with two attackers. I was able to place one person in the way of another on the ground easier than I was able to standing. Now, this broke down real quick like when I started fighting people who were more experienced. But for people without allot of matt/ring experienced the "take it to the ground" tactic worked well.

I just wanted to mention that since I called bullsh!t a couple of years ago when you suggested that tactic. So there, you were right, I was wrong. My hats off to you.

JWT

Mutant
04-10-2002, 08:00 AM
So what kind of bike did ya get?

JWTAYLOR
04-10-2002, 08:04 AM
99 Honda Magna. Not as fast as my old bike (not many bikes were), but very comfortalbe. Hey, I'm getting old.
JWT

Mutant
04-10-2002, 08:14 AM
My friend has a Magna thats a few years old, probably same design as yours. I've ridden it, it is very comfy, nice bike, and super reliable. He has 4 into 4 straightpipes on it and it sounds NASTY, louder than just about any harley and considerably faster. That v-4 just cackles and sounds viscious with open pipes. Congrads on the new bike, I'm sure you'll love it. Just watch out for those mindless dingbat biatches in suv's!

JWTAYLOR
04-10-2002, 08:21 AM
Yeah, mine's got 4 into 4 Vance and Hines exhaust, and it sounds pretty d@mn cool.

JWT

ewallace
04-10-2002, 09:06 AM
JWT I hope you have insurance. I think we are related too. Not many people are walking injuries waiting to happen. Maybe ping pong would be a little more friendly to you?

Ryu
04-10-2002, 09:08 AM
Had something similar happen the other day.
Sparred some heavy ground and pound, and my training partner threw up after 3, 5 minute rounds. Said he caught a punch in his ribs that upset his stomach, plus the intense cardio, etc.
Scared the hell out of me when it happened. Everything's fine though. I probably care too much to be a fighter...oh well.

Ryu

Ray Pina
04-10-2002, 10:54 AM
I broke a rib surfing about a year and a half ago. Sucked. Laughing, sneazing and coughing hurt. Very uncomfortbale and I liked to sleep on that side too. Hoad to change my sleeping habits for 6 months, because even on my back it hurt.

The GREat Ro0ster
04-10-2002, 12:51 PM
ouch dood

JWTAYLOR
04-10-2002, 01:22 PM
You broke a rib surfing?

D@mn son, that's some hard water!

JWT

shaolinboxer
04-10-2002, 01:51 PM
All this talk about ribs is making me hungry for barbeque...strange but true.

Sharky
04-10-2002, 02:23 PM
i broke one of my ribs once (avoids not so obvious joke).

You yanks, with your pansy YMCA motorbikes. Don't you know it's all about the jap and italian speedbikes?

my bro just sold his honda blackbird (can you say 2000mph?) and is just part exchaging his bandit 1200 for a ducati 998s. Thank you, and goodnight. Fair play thought he had to work hard for them - they were all i ever loved spending his money on (for him that is).

I wanna get a bandit 600 or a honda hornet 600 when i get out of uni. I'll be young so i gotta go for the smaller bikes.

These things are probably called different things in teh usa

JWTAYLOR
04-10-2002, 03:10 PM
You poor, dumb b@stard.

I have owned both the Ducati Monster and the Ducati Superbike.

Fun when you are going to be on it for 30 minutes during the shiny day sun. Really, really sh!tty to ride every day, all year long. And you are going to pay out the @ss for the constant repairs. Same reason I sold my Harleys. I have ridden the Bandit 1200 and I like it allot.

JWT

Sharky
04-10-2002, 05:25 PM
Ah, he is not gonna ride everyday on it. He hopes to buy a fazer 1000 to commute on. He will probably have to rob a bank to do so.

ducati monster is nice, lovely sound, but i think they are a bit dated now, i wish they would change the design.

please tell me you didn't buy any other ducati superbike other than the 748 996 or 998? please? with cherries n sh.it on top.

Qi dup
04-10-2002, 05:44 PM
That sucks about the brocken rib JWT. I konw what your gooing throught, I've had three cracked and one brocken recently. If it's totally out of place then like EF said get used to waking up constantly durring the night everytime you move. I broke one not to long ago but it wasn't out of place bad, just seperated a little, like -- -- sort off. It was not to bad after about two months I think, something liek that. cracks arn't bad at all. One of my low ones on my left side even sticks out, it's kind of cool.

That sucks in the UK they have that age=size of bike thing. So you can only ride a 600 or something liek that? that sucks. If I were going to get a croch rocket I would probably get a yamaha R 1. there only like 10 grand. but that's not my sort of thing, so I've got a '99 honda shadow 750. not very big or fast. I'd love to get one of those new honda 1800's, but I'm not ure how great they are. maybe when I'm older. Have fun on that new bike JWT!

Water Dragon
04-10-2002, 06:17 PM
JWT, I'll be in San Antonio for the last two weeks of July. You're definately on my hang out list. You a crazy dude.

Chang Style Novice
04-10-2002, 06:23 PM
Enjoy your new bike and your new injury, you psycho monster gearhead (which I mean in the nicest way possible.)

guohuen
04-10-2002, 06:48 PM
Congrats on the new bike. Hope your rib heals soon. Five weeks for me and no pain and back to full strenght and speed. Yay!