PDA

View Full Version : Mount & Pound

wtjoe
04-10-2002, 01:14 PM
Say if someone has you pinned on your back with their knees on your biceps, pinning ure arms, and starts pounding away. What effective counters are there for this?

HongKongPhooey
04-11-2002, 05:18 AM
Don't be there.

Ryu
04-12-2002, 07:02 AM
This is actually not that effective a tactic in my opinion. This kind of mount has no real control over the lower extremities and is easily counterable. I've done it many times. First off, keep your feet on the ground and bump your hips up. When you do this, immediately use your arms to push his legs up over your head as you either push yourself out the back door, or turn onto your knees after you have cleared him. Kneeling on someone's biceps might work with someone who doesn't know any grappling escapes, but it's tactical suicide against someone with a grappling background. A good mount should place the knees right UNDER the armpits. Sitting on the arms themselves leaves you wide open to lose your balance, fall forward, have the guy bench press you off him, etc.

Ryu

Merryprankster
04-12-2002, 07:37 AM
What Ryu said.

Another tactic, is to go out the back door. Bring your legs up and hook your heels on the FRONT of his body. Use this to help pull you under his legs and behind him. You started on your back. At the end of this, you should be belly down with your head near his feet. Scramble time :)

txwingchun
04-17-2002, 11:24 AM
Oh ****! this is fung fu related:D

JWTAYLOR
04-19-2002, 10:38 AM
Not much to be said that hasn't been.

They really don't have much ballance at all if they are actually on your arms, and you will really be able to move your legs and hips.

You can bridge, do what MP said, or use a variation of it to bridge, turn sideways(kind of shrimp) then throw one leg over and pull them down, then sit up and go for a knee bar. (I actually pulled this one off 2 weeks ago.) I was more shocked than he was.

Oh, and if you are smart enough not to try my stunt, going through their legs and out the back is a much better strategy. It allows you to get up and and possibly get to their back much faster.

JWT

Ryu
04-19-2002, 05:13 PM
"You can bridge, do what MP said"

Hey, what am I?? Chopped liver??

;)
JK

Ryu

Repulsive Monkey
04-20-2002, 01:52 AM
Have to admit it all still sounds like the Karma Sutra to me!

Merryprankster
04-20-2002, 02:26 AM
Nah repulsive...

It's more like combat yoga! :)

omegapoint
04-20-2002, 05:56 PM
Upa or bridge. Very easy...