PDA

View Full Version : OT: will never get to bed now

Sharky
04-10-2002, 07:34 PM
Just as i was about to contemplate bed 3:30am, i saw something move on my bed. On further investigation it was some fuc.koff huge RED spider (coming close to the size of my palm). I had to destroy it. It was in my ****ing bed. Looking down on the floor i saw two of his mates standing stiller than statues.

Now, i don't get the freaked out with them, usually, but this place is a ****hole. I've had a MASSIVE woodlice problem (yup. loads in my bed, clothes, everywhere on the floor) and for some reason they are coming back now (must have died for the winter and are coming back due to it being a little warmer) and now i have ANTS in my carpet. WTF? ANTS?!!?!

I don't like it. Never gonna get to sleep now. Feel all itchy and parnoid.

Begin cussing me now. I know i'm a *****, but it's the only thing in life that will get the ****s up me!

I *DIDN'T* scream MMMKAY!?!!?!?

I didn't.

Sharky
04-10-2002, 07:36 PM
And i certainly didn't cry.

red_fists
04-10-2002, 07:39 PM
I hope you used a nice MA move to dispath those spiders.

:D

Only probs we got in Japan is flying monster ****roaches.
Had nightmares of finding my son chewing on one while he was in the crib.
Happened to a friend.

IronFist
04-10-2002, 07:39 PM
See, if you lived in America it wouldn't be bedtime yet :)

And you wouldn't have that snobby accent, either :D

j/k dude :p

IronFist

prana
04-10-2002, 07:48 PM
lol wear some repellant..

ewallace
04-10-2002, 08:07 PM
what the **** are you doing sleeping? You have a major project due in a couple weeks. Drink some coffee and get your **** finished.

Sharky
04-10-2002, 08:14 PM
you're right. 4:13am now. gonna goto www.4guysfromrolla.com

*starts reading*

Edd

wushu chik
04-10-2002, 09:11 PM
Hey sharky...
Next time you go to the grocery store, check the laundry soap aisle for some Boroteam (sp?)....BUY IT.....sprinkle it on your carpet, in front of your door, and windows. it will dehydrate your pests! I had a cat that had a MAD case of the flees at one time, and i used it (from the vet) and it doensn't only kill them, it kills any eggs you have in the carpet. Won't hurt you or your pets....if you have any. I will check the spelling next time i go to the store. If you can't find that though....go to a garden store and tell them about your problem! They probably have something else to handle it!

~Wen~

straight blast
04-11-2002, 12:59 AM
LMAO...that spider story just cracks me up no end. I'm a really bad arachnophobe, and the little suckers shake me up bad sometimes.

It reminds me of a time that I was on a Church camp (this one time, at church camp...ahem) and all the big guys got the big tent. I woke up in the morning to a huge mother**** of a huntsman spider crawling on my pillow about an inch or so from my face. I drew back really slowly and noticed its big brother crawling up my sleeping bag. Needless to say I sh@t myself and flipped out. I screamed like a wussy girl and flung my pillow at my mate James. He woke up to it landing on his face. He screamed and started thrashing and rolling around, dislodging the spider somewhere in the tent.

When I looked back down at my sleeping bag big brother spider had disappeared too. This was just too much. James' panicked screaming and kicking had woken the other two guys in the tent, who also panicked. We went through the insect mesh at the front of the tent (you note I say through ) and wrecked the tent in the process.

The funny thing is that Huntsman spiders aren't poisonous, but they sure as hell are BIG .

scotty1
04-11-2002, 01:17 AM
LOL at Straight Blast and his mates trashing their tent!!

Sharky - I have never seen a red spider the size of a palm - and they attack in 3s? Man.....

I've built up a sense of 'no big spiders' security living over here, and I think my world would shake itself apart if I was attacked by a squadron of Big Red Mother****s.

(Mother****= technical term for arachnid above 'small child palm' size, copyright Straightblast.)

anton
04-11-2002, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by straight blast

The funny thing is that Huntsman spiders aren't poisonous, but they sure as hell are BIG .

Aint that the truth!

Had a similar experience at school camp...
In hindisght i really don't know why I used to like camp.. venomous snakes, spiders, feral cows, longass hikes - what could i have found so enjoyable? :confused:

Repulsive Monkey
04-11-2002, 02:02 AM
For the majority of my life I too used to question insects motives and kill the buggerss whenever they invaded (sometimes even they thought of invading) my bedroon etc. without malice and without guilt. However about 6/7 years ago something changed, something very real happened when I killed a harmless moth one night cos it was flying in my face at night and wouldn't go out the window and I slapped the bugger a book near me which happened to be the biography of H.H. The Dalai Lama. I can tell you that something changed within me quite substantially in that moment and I prayed for the creature I killed and have never ever even though I have been irritated by some insects since ever been able to kill them just to satisfy my selfish needs. These needs are really pathetic when in the cold light of day one looks at them objectively. Do everything you can to preserve their life and still procure your own security too.
Many may see this tale as lame, pathetic and within the realms of sissydom, all I can say is that even though I am a meat eater I cannot condone the willful and guilty acts of killing creatures just cos they get in my way for myself.

Sharky
04-11-2002, 03:32 AM
it was ugly though.

dezhen2001
04-11-2002, 03:33 AM
d@mn? so u've been up all nite?
hop eall the work is going well etc... meanwhile i should really be gettign on with my own :p

david

prana
04-11-2002, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Repulsive Monkey
For the majority of my life I too used to question insects motives and kill the buggerss whenever they invaded (sometimes even they thought of invading) my bedroon etc. without malice and without guilt. However about 6/7 years ago something changed, something very real happened when I killed a harmless moth one night cos it was flying in my face at night and wouldn't go out the window and I slapped the bugger a book near me which happened to be the biography of H.H. The Dalai Lama. I can tell you that something changed within me quite substantially in that moment and I prayed for the creature I killed and have never ever even though I haved irritated by some insects since ever been able t kill them just to satisfy my selfish needs. These needs are really pathetic when in the cold light of day one looks at them objectively. Do everything you can to preserve their life and still procure your own security too.
Many may see this tale as lame pathetic and within the realsm of sissydom, all I can say is that even though I am a meat eater I cannot condone the willful and guilty acts of killing creatures just cos they get in my way for myself.

Repulsive, I want to hog the award for most pathetic sissydom post. I have a bottle I use to take the insects outside the house. I don't kill em little ones anymore unless it is by accident.

edit: my relatives dont kill mosquitoes in front of me either.. lol I get cranky

BTW can I vote for Sharky to be this years funniest person to date. I think I voted for Xeb last year ;)

lol

Sharky
04-11-2002, 04:32 AM
just found major ant colony right behind my bed, inbetween my head and the wall, on the floor. ants aren't big, but when you see 30000 fuc.kers scuttling around they scare you ****less - i only dropped my pen down the side of my bed... reached to get it... what the FUCCK?!

disgusting. gotta spend time clearing this shet up instead of doing my project. great.

ged
04-11-2002, 05:03 AM
ants are persistent little buggers.... you'll be lucky to get rid of them. our house has been infested for years... i come into the shower in the morning, theres about 1000 of the little ****s all over the place... i take the nozzle and commit attempted genocide, but its no good, they breed like rabbits. hey, at least the spiders will eat the ants, and the ants will eat the dead spiders, and you can watch and laugh. and then kill whoevers left.

Sharky
04-11-2002, 05:27 AM
like the spanish.

anton
04-11-2002, 05:35 AM
In oz you can get this stuff called "ant-rid" (i think). It worked for me and it was pretty cool. You leave drops of this stuff around the ant trails and they take it back to the colony and poison all the other ants.

Sharky
04-11-2002, 05:42 AM
I have £0 until the 15th. I can't buy any powder.

dezhen2001
04-11-2002, 05:58 AM
i know what u mean Sharky...i hate waiting on student loans :(:mad:

david

guohuen
04-11-2002, 06:46 AM
I'm also in line for the wusse award. I take the little buggers outside and let them go. That is if my dogs or cats don't eat them first.

dezhen2001
04-11-2002, 06:48 AM
wow - it seems there are a lot of contenders here :)
Maybe we should all get a wusse award?

david

Colin
04-11-2002, 07:15 AM
Get yourself a kitten.
Apart from the fact that it will attempt to eat every bug in the house, it is also excellent fun watching them ( my kitten anyway ) tormenting spiders. He's quite partial to a few ants too!
Just keep it away from wasps!

But the best thing is that I do not feel guilty about him killing them, as I would if I kept doing it myself.
I put it down to his natural training for hunting food.

Colin........