PDA

View Full Version : Shaolin/Wudan and the Catholic prist scandals

Stacey
04-10-2002, 07:47 PM
I saw on T.V. that another priest is accused of sodomy/pedophilia. What is it? Can there really be so many or are people trying to make a quick buck?

Catholic Priests have an aura all of their own..some are very spiritual, but not always wise...its strange really. the whole guilt about sex probably bends them and if someone has unnatural urges, the priesthood might be a good place to hide.

Now the Catholic church is a body of people that have done some of the most wonderfull and horrific things in history. The Buddists are the same way, talk to people from Asia and their priests are lazy pervs that don't want to work also. Kinda makes you rethink the whole wonder of shaolin and wudan, especially when they thought little boys helped the chi.

Truth is, your grand teacher 700 years ago, might have been chosen to hold the lineage because of his ability to swallow. Think about that. Makes monthly tuition seem cheap by comparison.

Royal Dragon
04-10-2002, 07:50 PM
And sick too

Black Jack
04-10-2002, 07:54 PM
Eat **** and die perv.

Would somebody ban this twit already, jesus.

Stacey
04-10-2002, 08:56 PM
No no, you misunderstand...I'm not a priest, I have a job. I date women. A rather natural lifestyle.

You start retaining jing in some backwoods monestary and weird things start to happen.

Think about it...Shaolin was an insurrgent Ruby Ridge/montana milita based on a major organized religion.

Sure the kung fu was good...but probably that story of how your great grandmaster was such a noble soul and a prodigy might just be a nice way of saying, "When old man Chew was a boy he could really move his hips, so Abbot Pi Pi showed him the snake style."

Well if the Catholic church has its failing, Shaolin must have had its too.

red_fists
04-10-2002, 09:02 PM
Stacey.

Find out why Catholic Priests have to be celibate and can't marry.

It is an eye-opener into the way the catholic church works and aquires wealth.
It is a fairly new rule for Catholic priests.

I agree with the dis-illusion about some Buddhist Priests.

Stacey
04-10-2002, 09:09 PM
I read about the land rights. Same sort of thing in China, the Gov didn't want the Buddists procreating. Plus giving up ancestory contradicted the confucian code.

Yeah I have been a sick perv lately.... I guess all this priest stuff and Neal kinda messes with me and I try to make sense of it. I also say things, even strange ones to get people thinking. I don't think monestary life was all that holy or glamorous all the time...I mean my big dream is to garden, learn kung fu and live in some big loving enlightened place, but I don't think that over the millenia it was always that ideal we imagine.

Btw...Am I alone in thinking JasBourne is really cool...she hates me, but that doens't change my opinion of her.

prana
04-10-2002, 09:09 PM
Stacey, my friend....

Just because one apple is bad, doesnt mean the whole pile is rubbish.

But, I agree, in our perspective, one bad apple spoils the whole bunch.

I hope you find your path.. good luck man !

wushu chik
04-10-2002, 09:23 PM
Stacey...
You are just an IDIOT. Plain and simple. I have said it before, and will say it again. PLEASE dig a hole, and die in it.

~Wen~

Stacey
04-10-2002, 09:32 PM
I know neither Christianity, nor Buddhism is tainted by this..its personal ignorance...and ignorant people put in positions of power...happens everywhere.

As for digging a hole and dying in it..I will.

Tonight I will die and tomorrow a new me will rise. My Ego is not real, by thoughts are reflections of illusion...as our yours.

good night, my darling.

anton
04-11-2002, 01:02 AM
I think its a valid post, don;t really see what's making people so angry.:confused:

Repulsive Monkey
04-11-2002, 02:11 AM
Can you explain what you meant by thinking that Wudan & Shaolin thought that little boys helped Qi? What on earth do you mean by that?

KC Elbows
04-11-2002, 08:03 AM
Noy necessarily related, but didn't the hagakure cover the same territory? Someone mentioned it to me once.

I think the conversation is a valid one. It doesn't aid buddhism any to think of its organized practice as a perfect thing. In the long run, it probably would hurt it, as it has done to catholics, whose priests, by the way, have had to practice celibacy for centuries now.

Anyway, I am not familiar with any buddhist indescretions in this area, though I am not particularly knowledgeable on it. Most of the buddhist and taoist monkey business I'm familiar were cheap land struggles during the reign of kubhilai khan, as both groups were very busy trying to kiss up to the khan.

This in no way reflects on the practice of buddhism, just as the catholic heirarchies present situation does not reflect on the average catholic worshipper. There's no need to be sensitive on this issue. The issue is how the organized wings of certain organizations deal with corruption in the ranks, and is not at all an issue of inadequacies in the parent religion itself, but more an issue of how they organize.

So, is anyone gonna get offended cause I suggested that there might be poorly organized buddhists in china? Cause I know that China is reknowned for its organization.:p

Ray Pina
04-11-2002, 08:27 AM
I think the post is funny.

Mojo
04-11-2002, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by red_fists
[B]Stacey.

Find out why Catholic Priests have to be celibate and can't marry.

It is a fairly new rule for Catholic priests.

]

Fairly new, I don't think so...

clerical celibacy, strictly speaking meant the inability to enter marriage once a higher Order had been received. The first legislative expression of this is found in the eastern councils of Ancyra (314), c. 10, and Neocaesarea (ca. 314-325), c. 1, for deacons and priests respectively. An Armenian collection of canons, probably from 365, includes this prohibition of marriage2 and it is clearly expressed in the Apostolic Constitutions and Apostolic Canons of the late fourth century.3 Canon 14 of the Ecumenical Council of Chalcedon (451) likewise endorses this discipline (albeit indirectly), and it is found in other documents of the fifth and subsequent centuries which consider the practice to be an ancient and timeless tradition

jun_erh
04-11-2002, 11:38 AM
stacy wrote :No no, you misunderstand...I'm not a priest, I have a job. I date women. A rather natural lifestyle.

You're a man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KC Elbows
04-11-2002, 11:56 AM
Jun, you truly are as your title states, the "grandmaster of the obvious".:D

NorthernMantis
04-11-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Stacey

Tonight I will die and tomorrow a new me will rise. My Ego is not real, by thoughts are reflections of illusion...as our yours.

good night, my darling.

Stacy mi compai. This sounds strange even for you. Somehow I get the feeling that you are trying to tell us something. What's wrong dude? If you don't want to talk about it publicly pm me or e-mail me at shaolin96@hotmail.com.

jun_erh-

Our deranged friend already admitted that he was just joking and that he was a guy a while ago on another forum, I think.

Stacey
04-11-2002, 03:02 PM
I'm not suicidal, life is a series of small deaths.

HuangKaiVun
04-11-2002, 06:46 PM
I once heard that a bunch of real-life Buddhist priests weren't allowed to have sex with women, so they started having sex with each other.

Once they were banned from having sex with each other, they started having sex with animals and got banned from that too. On and on it went.

The point is that canonic decree cannot suppress the human spirit and its biological desires to mate and procreate with members of the opposite (or even same) sex - at least for those like me who WANT to be with lovely women.

And if those basic needs are not honored, BAD THINGS happen.

Ryu
04-11-2002, 07:42 PM
Well sir,
As I've always said before.... you gotta use your noggin.
Buddhism's main philo is understanding, and middle path. Huge extremes rarely work, and can actually cause much suffering.
Sex is an action that every species of animal must do to keep itself alive. Sex is possibly one of the most powerful "forces" we have....without it our entire race would simply die out. Treat sex with the respect it deserves, and you'll probably have less problems.
Unfortunately....just like everything else :) ... everyone wants to just do what they want without thinking of the consequences. If you forbid sex all together that runs the very real risk of becoming counter productive and harmful to the human biological spirit.
Orthodox priests are not celibate, for example, and do marry. You rarely hear of those types of stories from them. Same for branches of Buddhism that allow sex and marriage as well. The point is self-control, understanding, respect, and a little bit of humility.

Treat sex with respect, understanding, and humility. (And when you are in private with your spouse, or whatnot, go crazy! :D
Enjoy it. That's the way it should be.) But don't go to damm extremes. Quit idolizing sex in movies, magazines, TV, night lights, toothbrushes, etc. :rolleyes: And don't forbid it all together and teach that anyone with a sexual desire is "evil" and is going to hell.... both bring on MUCH MUCH suffering.
And it's not realistic. Middle path people. Understanding and knowledge. Use your noggins.

Ryu

ewallace
04-11-2002, 07:52 PM
I date women. A rather natural lifestyle.
And your former sig was "cum dumpster".

You have true balance. A master of yin and yang. I bet "paper or plastic" is truely a difficult decision for you Stacey. Life is a series of battles, not deaths. You die once, you **** up many times. Big difference.

red_fists
04-11-2002, 08:54 PM
Fairly new, I don't think so...

clerical celibacy, strictly speaking meant the inability to enter marriage once a higher Order had been received.

I stand corrected, the Info I had said that it was optional, but became an enforced rule around 1341 in the catholic Church.

Mister Hansome
04-11-2002, 09:41 PM
Heard of the catholic priest petophiles, but never heard of the buddhist one. Oh well, whatever. Those are just sick stories you here sometimes that just want to make you puke.

red_fists
04-11-2002, 10:17 PM
Actually a lot of Buddhist priests are involved in quiet a large amount of scandals in Asia.
And that also involves the reproductive organs.
:D

Actually isn't celibacy one of the vows that a Buddhist Priest can take.
I am under the impression that there are a total of 11 vows that can be taken.
The more vows he takes the more devout he is supposed to be.

Plenty of priests are married in Japan got Kids and drice nice Mercs.

Mr Punch
04-12-2002, 01:46 AM
As for Buddhist sex scandals, what about Takuan? Didn't he get himself in a pickle with a whole bunch of ho's?!:D Ahem. Sorry bout that!

Ryu: normally, you're a fount of wisdom and sanity, but to suggest using your 'noggin' at this point was surely below the belt: pervert!:rolleyes: And I thought we English had the final say on all the really bloody stupid expressions...

brassmonkey
04-12-2002, 03:46 AM
Someone tell Neil there's a job opening for him.

anton
04-12-2002, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by Mat

to suggest using your 'noggin' at this point was surely below the belt:

Why? :confused:

red_fists
04-12-2002, 04:21 AM
Hi.

I think we got a confusion as to the term "noggin", which is common in the UK and other "english" speaking nations.

I was taught that the term "noggin" refers to ones head.
So when one is told to use the "noggin" it means to use ones head to think.

But than I believe some terms in "Austin Powers - The spy that shagged me" needed to be translated for the US audiences.
:D :D

dezhen2001
04-12-2002, 04:22 AM
Yup Red_Fists, you just beat me to it :D

david

Ryu
04-12-2002, 06:41 AM
Give me a break guys! :D You all knew what I meant!
Use your brain. There, better? :)

LOL..
"Use our brain?? Ryu, you sick pervert."

anton
04-12-2002, 06:46 AM
I've never heard the term noggin being used to refer to anything other than one's head. Hence my confusion.

Ryu
04-12-2002, 06:50 AM
Me neither.
But if there was any confusion, sorry. :)
The term to me meant "head" (i.e. thinking)

Ryu