PDA

View Full Version : What are you working on?

S.Teebas
04-11-2002, 12:50 AM
Everyone here is from different schools so im wondering what each of us is working on?

After having some fun at a party recently where a blowup boxing ring with those massively oversized gloves are used. I come to realise how, when things are even (same rules for all people) i realise that when we both use the same weapons (hand in this case) it's quite even odds for becoming the victor of the challange.

After getting out of the ring i realised that if I was able use kicks, and was more specailised and in control to use them... well id have a very good advantage over those who knew nothing. So currently im working on connection of my whole body and ability to use my legs as good as my hand are. Im also trying to improve my structure through careful attention to alignment of all involved pieces of the body.

Whats everyone else working on??? ...maybe we can learn and get some training ideas from each other on this forum.

sphynx
04-11-2002, 01:27 AM
i am working on the basics. arm movements, kicks and punches. for those of you who get kf/qg magazine i made one of the WC's " other" poles. its a peice of pvc 3 feet long, capped at the ends, and filled with sand. i hold it vertically out in front of me in one fist, then snap out and catch it in the other within the middle 12 inches which i painted red. trying to keep it up and in my centerline. kinda neat alternative when i get bored of straight punching, and only cost me about $1 to make as we had spraypaint and sand already.
:cool:

jeremy

CanadianBadAss
04-11-2002, 08:03 AM
I still use muscle... I've tried everything, maybe if I cut my muscle off... or use some kind of drug that makes me relax.

Nat from UK
04-11-2002, 08:58 AM
Currently working on increasing power using waist and turning etc. whilst maintaining structure and balance.

Hope to get it sorted by the turn of the century ;)

Nat from UK

gnugear
04-11-2002, 09:53 AM
Turning and fixing my posture.

churn-ging
04-11-2002, 10:00 AM
Working on footwork, power generation, and keeping my structure while moving.

gnugear
04-11-2002, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by CanadianBadAss
I still use muscle... I've tried everything, maybe if I cut my muscle off... or use some kind of drug that makes me relax.

LOL!:D

I hear you! I've all but given up on push ups etc. Everything I do makes my bulk up and get stiff!

stuartm
04-11-2002, 11:20 AM
Footwork - the most important aspect of fighting IMHO.

Stu

IronFist
04-11-2002, 12:16 PM
Man your guys' muscles are all tense and stuff... maybe you're doing pushups and stuff wrong. Don't forget to stretch, eat right, drink lots of water, and get massages... aahhh... massages...

IronFist

CanadianBadAss
04-11-2002, 03:56 PM
Check your private message box.
I'm still pretty much newbie, so it would be pretty cool if I could discuss some of TST's theories with more experience VT player like you...

Sharky
04-11-2002, 04:13 PM
i can get you some "muscle relaxants" man, just PM me.

yuanfen
04-11-2002, 09:52 PM
Still-improvement in doing the first section of the sil lim tao.