PDA

View Full Version : help with di dat jow

RAIN
04-11-2002, 07:49 AM
hello

i am from southamerica and we can't find any dit dat jow here , but i'd find another 2 :

wing lung jow ( red flower oil and
jing loong jow

anyone knows them ? i want to know if they are good foe kung fu trainning

GeneChing
04-11-2002, 09:53 AM
It's jiu in pinyin, but it really means their an alcohol involved - for example, pijiu means beer. For kungfu training, it's the dit da that you need - literally meaning 'fall, hit'. This is best for bruises, psrains and iron training. Other liniments, jows if you will, are for general health, which can certainly be beneficial to your practice, but arne't specific to kungfu. My understanding is that Red flower oil is jsut white flower oil with some cinnamon for a little more heat. As is, white flower is wintergreen, methol, camphor, eucalyptus, peppermint and lavender - basically the same stuff you might use for a throat lozenge. It provides that 'cooling heat' topically along with a certain aromatic relief. I don't recognize the other one.

You might have more luck if you take this question over to the Traiditional Chinese Medicine forum. There are some pretty sharp people on that one who might be more informative.