PDA

View Full Version : What style is this?!!

Golden Arms
04-11-2002, 10:18 AM
Can one of you more cultured individuals than I please tell me what the styles are that he is using in this movie..it looks to be some sort of african system, or possibly something that is a mix of several different styles...please respond, I am curious :D here is the link:

http://www.hellonetwork.com/demo/toysclub/video.asp?speed=hook300

-Golden Arms-

Ray Pina
04-11-2002, 10:20 AM
Sorry, couldn't make it through the cheesy David Hassolholf, or the tabogan snowboarding.

apoweyn
04-11-2002, 10:22 AM
i don't know what it was, but it looked pretty freaking devastating.

Golden Arms
04-11-2002, 10:28 AM
Ironfist: I think you would have been much more intrigued if you had watched long enough to see the practitioner catch a REAL fish in his mouth....this is not a southern CMA style, but I am still intrigued!

-Golden Arms-

KC Elbows
04-11-2002, 11:52 AM
Golden Arms, I am finding you. Wherever you hide, I will find you. If you would like to know what's gonna happen to you when I find you, I suggest you look up the feeding habits of the pacific hagfish, because you are going to experience them first hand before its all done.

The only reason that did not completely unhinge my mind is that my work computer has no speakers. I can only imagine what it was like for those with audio.

I'm starving a hagfish right now, just to make sure its good and hungry.

Royal Dragon
04-11-2002, 12:23 PM
Hmmm, looks Like a Southern Cal style to me, with a bit of Northern Fish fighting and Shaolin Harley Do thrown in the mix.

shaolinboxer
04-11-2002, 12:37 PM
ROTFLOML!

And i do not use that term lightly!

red5angel
04-11-2002, 12:41 PM
You will not be able to find him, because I will destroy him first. Utterly destroy him, and wipe out his seed so that his line ends with him.

Golden Arms
04-11-2002, 12:54 PM
Yes..please destroy me if you feel you can overcome my devastating prowess. I will even make it easy on you guys..my real name is David Hasslehoff, and I am a famous actor, I do NOT live anywhere near SEATTLE, and I have NO knowledge of Hung Gar, but lots of experience in "Southern Beach Style" as well as my old art, the no infamous world over "Michael Knight One Punch Knockout" style..So come!

Sincerely yours,

David Hasslehoff

KC Elbows
04-11-2002, 01:01 PM
One hagfish can make a difference.

David Jamieson
04-11-2002, 01:06 PM
hmmmmn... that was pretty weird.

I noticed that he had a weiner dog as a co-star though. perhaps that's were he gets the "eat and hump" tactics.

JWT?

peace

IronFist
04-11-2002, 01:28 PM
Hey Golden Arms, notice that this is my first reply to the thread. The other one was Evolution Fist, but you thought it was me :D

I'm watching it now and I haven't seen any MA yet.

Wait, he's jumping around with some guys with spears.

Skiing.

Elephants.

Someone threw a fish to him and he put it in his mouth.

There was no MA in that. What the hell did you just make me watch? :p

IronFist

raving_limerick
04-11-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by IronFist
There was no MA in that. What the hell did you just make me watch? :p

IronFist

A Discovery Channel special.:D

PHILBERT
04-11-2002, 02:18 PM
Lets see...

- A dancing bear

- David Hasselhoff singing Hook On A Feeling

- David Hasselhoff snowboarding poorly in front of a poorly animated background

- A weiner dog barking (gotta be the best part of the thing)

- David Hasselhoff jumping up in down with a spear

- A couple of 4 year old girls as angels

- David flying in a leather jacking

That is scarier than anything I have ever seen online before.

txwingchun
04-11-2002, 03:23 PM
AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! somebody make it stop!:eek:

Somebody needs to hurt GoldenArms in a very bad way.

dezhen2001
04-11-2002, 03:31 PM
OMG :eek: wish i'd read the thread before i clicked on the link ****it! so now like sharky, i too will not be able to sleep ever again... Lucky i didn't have my headphones plugged in, that's for sure :D

david

joedoe
04-11-2002, 03:33 PM
OH MY FU(KING GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KC Elbows, I'm standing with you on this one. I'll bring a crocodile :D.

dezhen2001
04-11-2002, 03:35 PM
i'll bring the weights and the rope...

dave

KC Elbows
04-11-2002, 03:44 PM
...and I'll bring Paula, the Pacific Hagfish.

KC Elbows
04-11-2002, 03:55 PM
"What really disgusts people is the hagfish's behaviour. It is an ocean vulture, feeding off wounded and dead animals by entering into any available opening and eating from the inside out. You don't want to think about that for too long. "

As found on: http://7thfloormedia.com/projects/safari/newsletter/wednesday/hagfish.html

Here's more!

"What's more, the hagfish has the remarkable ability to defend itself by emitting an incredible slime when it is touched. The slime comes from glands along the fish's sides, and it comes out almost like runny plastic. Within seconds, a hagfish can produce a gallon of the goop, and slip away from predators. "

Those of you who want to actually see a live hagfish milling about, go to the above website and click on the link at the end.

dezhen2001
04-11-2002, 04:05 PM
d@mn KC - you've really put a lot of research in to this! It does look like a rather nasty way to go...

now only if you could support LiLian Jie in the same enthusiastic way ;) :D

dave

KC Elbows
04-11-2002, 04:08 PM
Perhaps I should have been more brief. After all, the only important thing for Golden Arm to remember is this:

"...any available opening...":eek:

dezhen2001
04-11-2002, 04:13 PM
indeed, that doesn't sound nice whichever way u look at it :eek:
Me wonders how you exactly found out about those little (actually look rather big) Beggers?

david

Sharky
04-11-2002, 04:19 PM
won't let me view it :(

joedoe
04-11-2002, 04:22 PM
Godd@mn they are ugly fu(kers. Yeesh :eek: :eek:

dezhen2001
04-11-2002, 04:23 PM
well don't worry, ur not missing much! (apart from an 80's mop headed, pec enhance david hasslehoff that is) :D

it took a while to load for me too and i'm on the Uni server...

david

KC Elbows
04-12-2002, 05:17 AM
Joedoe,
If you think David Hasselhoff and the crew of that video are friggin ugly, you should take a look at the hagfish.

Actually, I first found out about the pacific hagfish when I was younger. My folks had gotten me, among other things, an autobahn book on aquatic wildlife. I flipped it open as soon as I got it, and it flipped right open to the pacific hagfish. THAT book was so specific as to mention that the preferred way of entering the host animal was through the...ehrm...well, how do I put this? Oh, I know, they like to make a visit to the puffy brown star.

This thread is now doomed.

Asia
04-12-2002, 07:48 AM
I support the hagfish idea 200%!!! MY GOD GOLDEN ARMS YOU HAVE NO SYMPHATHT FOR THE PAIN YOU CAUSED!!!!!

Golden Arms
04-12-2002, 08:36 AM
I apologize publicly! I guess I should spill the beans now! My name really is NOT Golden Arms, I DONT live in Seattle, my real name is David Hasslehoff, and the video you watched was my attempt at reaching out to YOU, the CMA community, to show you that I too, live the EXTREME lifestyle! The video you seem to be so critical of was put together after 100's of hours of HARD WORK (which is what kung fu is all about I am told) between yours truly, and MICHAEL J FOX. It was also to showcase to the public for the first time some of the more powerful psychological attacks that I have learned from Ashida Kim in my several years of being one of his astral spies. Unfortunately we had to edit out some of the more powerful uppercuts, backflips over families eating turkey dinners, and other totally sweet stuff because it would have been too much..but the fish in the mouth should tell you that I am still a very EXTREME and RADICAL individual! Please be respectful as well, even if you dont like the extreme nature of my video, becuase ever since Michael J Fox stole the prototype time machine in Back to the future, he has been travelling around, working behind the scenes to make himself a VERY powerful man, and learning from the most deadly masters of this and any other age past and future. We used some of our ninja skills to hack Golden Arm's account and he deserves none of this "hagfish retribution" that you keep speaking of. Again I thank you for your time, and urge those that have not seen the fruits of our hard labor to check it out once again at
http://www.hellonetwork.com/demo/toysclub/video.asp?speed=hook300

dezhen2001
04-12-2002, 10:03 AM
i think u deserve everything you get... :D got the weights and rope KC... lets let him 'swim with tha fishes'... :D

david

KC Elbows
04-12-2002, 10:27 AM
I'm playing that video for my pet hagfish, Paula, right now. She's going into some sort of frenzy. David Hasselhoff catching the fish has now associated him with food in Paula's mind.

To spare myself further torture, instead of "Hooked on this feeling" or whatever Mr. Hass is singing, I have looped the knight rider theme.

She's beginning to get quite hungry.

Hang on, I've got to send my contact at the forum a few unmarked twenties for a certain IP address.

DOWN PAULA DOWN!

Soon, I will have Golden Arm in my clutches. Then, after a nice week of marinating in chum, he should be ready to meet Paula.

In the end, Golden Arm's deeds will come back to haunt him. Get it? In the end? Hagfish? Orifices?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!

Oh cr@p. I just dropped my cinnamon crispas in the eel tank.

Golden Arms
04-12-2002, 10:51 AM
Ok KC Elbows, the other astral spies have picked up your approximate location in Kansas City, KS, and I know you registered in 1969 (but I am not going to share HOW I get such detailed information on those that try to stop David Hasslehoff). I just got off the phone with Michael J Fox, and he has the Delorean fired up and we are going to go up to 88 mph and then travel back to 1969, block you from registering on this board, and then put some subliminal messages into the music of the 70's and 80's that is going to modify the listeners' genetic code making them REALLY want to watch my show Baywatch, which I will tell you right now, failed HORRIBLY and the pilot episode was not even picked up by any networks. If I am successful then by the time you are reading this, BAYWATCH will have been one of the most popular TV shows in the world. Oh, and Michael J Fox just uppercutted his neighbors' cat, and its head came off, so he still has the touch if we are attacked!!!

KC Elbows
04-12-2002, 11:38 AM
Due to the total and complete absence of a chin, my hagfish is completely unafraid of the uppercut of Michael J. Fox.

However, in order to counter your time travel shenanigans, I too have travelled back in time, using Mr. Peabody's WayBack machine. In order to blunt the influence that David Hasselhoff might have in the present, I have infiltrated a cadre of impossibly large mammary glands disguised as actresses into the casting call for Baywatch, and instead of the incredibly well crafted docudrama that the producers originally planned, the show has now become nothing more than a poorly plotted t & a show.

In addition, I have just slapped the baby Michael J. Fox so hard, he ain't ever gonna stop shaking.

Golden Arms
04-12-2002, 11:56 AM
Touche' my good man, well played indeed

http://www.bartleby.com/61/71/T0287100.html

Just so you know, Michael J Fox is pretty upset right now about that slap, so if you wake up in the middle Alaska in 1986 with nothing but some self adjusting Nike shoes on and a NASTY hoverboard mark on your forhead, dont say I didnt warn you.

KC Elbows
04-12-2002, 12:41 PM
It wouldn't be the first time THAT'S happened to me.:D