PDA

View Full Version : help !!!!!! with dit dat jow

RAIN
04-11-2002, 11:44 AM
hello

i am from southamerica and we can't find dit dat joe here , but i'd find another 2 :

wing lung jow ( red flower oil ) and
jing loong jow

i want to know if anyone knows them or if they are good for kung fu trainning

dfedorko@mindspring.com
04-11-2002, 06:56 PM
Rain - I wish I could be of assistance to you but I can't. I ahve never heard of those jows. In what style of Kung Fu are these jows known? Do you know the recipes of these Jows? You might want to contact tjseaofchi@aol.com and maybe he can help you.

Damian

eightgates
04-17-2002, 05:59 AM
Hi Rain,

I haven't heard of Wing Lung Jow or Jing Loong Jow before ("jow" actually means "wine" and "yauh" means "oil"), but the red flower oil that I am familiar with is called Hung Fa Yauh and is made from a type of safflower (carthamus tinctorius). It is used for traumatic injuries, sore muscles, and stiffness and joint pains. Hung fa is used in some tit da recipes, but not all. The other commercial oil that may be similar to Jing Loong Jow is Kwan Loong Yauh which is a mixture of methol, camphor, lavendar spike oil, eucalyptus oil, and white flower oil (baahk fa yauh). You can also purchase white flower oil (it is a very popular medicated oil) separately. These are general purpose medications which my grandparents used for minor or nagging aches and pains, but when it came to really bad bruises or strains, they always relied on tit da jau (also called yeuhk jau which is the general term for medicated wines). See if the store also sells Tihn Chut Yeuhk Jau (tihn chut medicinal wine)(5 Photos brand). This is also used for external and internal injuries, although it still isn't as good as the combined herbal recipes.