PDA

View Full Version : Chasing steps

Roy D. Anthony
04-11-2002, 07:45 PM
Fajing I hate to say this, however your tone in the answer seems to be correcting me. as a matter of fact it is very much like it. and our torso can turn front towards your opponent. and as a matter of courtesy, I would suggest that in the future perhaps you may chose the words" in our way of doing it we do not do it this way".
Hope this Helps!!!

fa_jing
04-12-2002, 01:27 PM
First and foremost, I apologize for coming off that way. The only thing I was trying to correct was that you said the side horse looked like the second photo. I couldn't get to the first link, so I assumed you were talking about the second which is

http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~bpj31078/pics/ST-sidehorse.jpg

This is clearly not an empty-hand wing chun stance. Jmdrake thought the same thing. Also, looking over your posts again, I think you meant something different by "side horse" then what I was describing, which we call "sitting horse." Maybe that's why you made the comment that it was like the photo, I disagreed but it was as I said-- I probably misunderstood your term.

Now, as for the rest of my post, let me offer you the following quote:

"I don't know the terminology Roy is using, but "

And I went on to describe something that I thought you might be talking about. Even if wasn't, it was a description of a type of advancing WC footwork so it was appropriate to the conversation.
Again sorry to come off that way, I know from your posts on the WC forum that you are very knowledgeable.
-FJ

Roy D. Anthony
04-13-2002, 12:08 AM
Thank You for your Apology Fa Ging......very appreciated. Although the photo is not exactly the way we do it it was close enough I thought as i didn't see a description of what we do on the first Link Page.
and thank you for the compliments.
My Apolgies also, I for misreading your intentions!
Smiles all around.
Roy!