PDA

View Full Version : Push up help!!

Open Stance...
04-12-2002, 12:12 AM
G'Day all,

Just read and printed out the 100+ pushup program.

For those who have read it:

How many sets of each do you do?
It states "position 1 5 partials,5 complete,7 partials,7 complete,rest 90 seconds."

Then what? Again? How many times?
Also what is your xiphoid process???

Thanks guys!

Open stance...

Sharky
04-12-2002, 06:34 AM
hehe.

ok xiphoid process is basically below ur sternum, it's like, lower down below solar plexus.

You do "position 1, 5 partials,5 complete,7 partials,7 complete,rest 90 seconds" then you do position 2!!! Same reps. Position 2 is the one with arms shoulder width apart. After that (and 90secs rest) you do position 3.

yenhoi
04-12-2002, 09:30 AM
Yeah. What sharky said.

Just follow the instructions pretty much exactly to the letter and you will be doing the correct sets/reps/rest.

Modify the program if you have to, dont hurt yourself because the numbers are written on the paper.

inic
04-13-2002, 06:47 AM
That program seems good, but i just wanted to share my program, which everyone whos tried it find it most effective.

warmup-- normal pu position- go down, count 1. then quickly put out 2, then 3. when u first start, try to get to 5. i'm at 10, which is plenty, its 65 altogether. but i add 1 slow pu between counts. so its like 1 fast, 1 slow, 2 fast, 1 slow, 3 fast, 1 slow...
thats the warmup

all the amounts are the same, i suggest starting at 15 or 20 each position, rest 45-100 sec between sets.
pu1- normal pu position
pu2- dimond position
pu3-widearm
pu4- hard to explain, lie on back, point toes, and position hands directly below shoulders. like a backupward pu almost. this will get ur triceps JACKED! keep ur body straight
pu5- get 3 chairs, feet on 1 chair, hands on other 2. do pushups so ur chest goes below the chairs. just do as many as u can.
pu6- on all fingers, this will take some practice
pu7-on fists
pu8- get a chair with arms, with feet on table and hands on the arms, do dips. keep ur body straight and only move arms.
pu9- advance- go down, come up, then quickly go down and push up very hard to throw urself to one side. like 45 degree angles.
or
go down, then push urself onto a higher surface. then pushup and back down.

every week or 10 days, add 4 or 5 EACH TYPE! so when u start, ur doing around 110-150. by the end ur doing 500+. do this every 2 days. just breathe, keep ur stomach in and dont stop pushing. if it helps, i was in the army, so i know all about pushups heh

I reached my 500 mark this week. hehe. so starting in May, i'll add weights. This program will get ur triceps JACKED! and ur chest really cut up