PDA

View Full Version : Fruads

ANIMAL
04-12-2002, 03:18 PM
Ok im not trying to call anyone a fruad or anything. But I have some questions about my old kung fu teacher. He claims to teach traditional northern shaolin. He never spars becuase according to him in kung fu you dont spar. All we ever did were forms. He would often forget the forms and get them from a student who knows them or out of a book he has. I stopped training under him becuase of this. Today I decided to call his school and act like I had no knowledge of him and didnt train in kung fu. When I started asking him about what he teaches he kept getting rude. Then I asked if there was anyway he could prove he wasnt a fruad. He told me to never come to his school then hung up on me. The only reason I called him is becuase I feel bad for the students some take it very seriously and think their learning traditional kung fu. His name is Master Chung he teaches in Norman, Oklahoma. Does anyone know anything on him? Does anyone know of any legit kung fu schools in the Oklahoma city area?

Ralek
04-12-2002, 03:25 PM
A real martial artist would have accepted your challenge and fought you. If they dont' fight then they have something to hide.

But that's just the way kung fu is. Even the legit kung fu stylists don't spar. You should join a Muay thai gym or a Brazilian jiujitsu school. You will spar there. And there are challenge matches all the time in a BJJ school. They never hang up the phone in fear of a challenge. They accept it and whoop azz.

ANIMAL
04-12-2002, 03:31 PM
It wasnt a challenge.

KC Elbows
04-12-2002, 03:36 PM
Here we see the younger, stronger troll push the weaker troll aside for watering rights.

Let's watch and see what happens.

Ralek
04-12-2002, 03:36 PM
He is a fraud. The only way you are going to burst the bubble that he has trapped himself and his students inside of is to KO him in front of his students. If he refuses to fight then he will be that much easier to KO.

Silumkid
04-12-2002, 03:37 PM
I vote we cap them both and divide the skins. Troll skins get a pretty price on the black market these days.

Ralek
04-12-2002, 03:40 PM
So i'm a troll? I'm here to fight kung fu people who live in Maryland so you can call that whatever you want. I have fought shoalin tiger and attempted to fight JF Springer although he decided keep his fight on the internet instead of the real world.

And i'll fight again someone on this board who lives in maryland.

And this guy is a fruad so i will say KO him and if that's trolling then i don't care waht you call it.

Stacey
04-12-2002, 03:41 PM
I wouldn't worry about him forgetting a form.

My Sifu even does that. Now that I am learning more I can see why, you learn alot of stuff and you body can switch on you in a transitional movement. Also, its possible that the form your learning is for teaching you something and your Sifu is beyond it and only revisits it when he teaches.

These are posibilites for Sifus that know a lot...this guy is a fraud....Kung Fu has always sparred....thats like boxers saying.."We only do drills and shadow box for the spiritual feeling"

The guy is a bull****ist.

Chris McKinley
04-12-2002, 04:00 PM
ANIMAL,

I know more about this situation than anyone else on KFO. Why do I think so? Because it was me that got Leopard Cheung to stop advertising that he teaches Shaolin Kung Fu. Since I live here in Norman, I went there with a former student of his (it wouldn't be you, would it?) and questioned him respectfully about what his Kung Fu program was all about. I asked him about his lineage, which STYLE of Northern Shaolin he was teaching, and what kind of methods/techniques it contained. Instead of getting confrontational or rude, he simply refused to answer any of my questions. Eventually, I asked him how he claims to teach Shaolin for self-defense when he won't even demonstrate the most basic application of it to prospective students. He simply clammed up, so I left. Within 2 days of my visit, he had taken down the sign on his door and removed the paint from his windows of all reference to Shaolin or any other kind of Kung Fu.

ANIMAL
04-12-2002, 04:19 PM
Nope im not the former student who went with you. When I was going there he said kung fu wasnt for defense and that it was only to look pretty. He said if you want defense to take his tae kwon do class. You wouldnt know of any kung fu schools would you Chris?

thanks,
Animal

Chris McKinley
04-12-2002, 04:25 PM
Um, you might want to do a search of your own screen name and read the answer I gave you to this question once before on the thread entitled "oklahoma".

gazza99
04-12-2002, 07:50 PM
Yes Leapord "Moron" chung is a fraud when It comes to Kung-Fu, and I wouldnt rely on TKD for self defense!
When Chris and I went there the first time, he told us the same thing "KF is pretty, TKD is for self defense".
Chris teaches Baguazhang in Norman, and I teach Taijiquan/dim-mak in OKC at Tinker AFB (Chris attends/helps teach this class as well). You may find more information on my website at www.pressurepointfighting.com
Come and see us before you sign up for another KF class in the area, we basically know everyone, and what they are about.

Regards,
Gary

Zapf Dingbat
04-12-2002, 08:24 PM
Anyone who tells you that no one spars in kung fu is feeding you a lot of horse s.hit.