PDA

View Full Version : Preferred style?

tri2bmt
04-12-2002, 04:35 PM
Which style would you fear the most in a fight and which would you laugh the most at?
Why?

Chris McKinley
04-12-2002, 04:42 PM
Not sure about the former, but I'd laugh the most at the style which taught its students that the only thing that matters is the style.

Paul
04-12-2002, 04:50 PM
I think I would be most worried about an experienced street fighter over most martial artists regardless of style.

raving_limerick
04-12-2002, 04:58 PM
Well, yeah, anyone with experience would be something to worry about in my book, because it means they've been through this once before and survived. If they're still walking free and breathing after getting into streetfights, they must be doing something right, regardless of style or training.

Johnny Hot Shot
04-12-2002, 05:01 PM
Definately More afraid of a good well rounded fighter than any particular style.

Mantis9
04-12-2002, 05:03 PM
Sorry, this is a little off topic. But what do you mean by the term 'street fighter', Paul? You draw a distinction between it and a 'martial artist'.

Anyway, on topic. I would fear Muy Thai because it looks fierce, though I believe I could still win given my opponents ablities, and I would laugh at monkey kung fu. It looks silly, but that would get me into trouble wouldn't it.;)

African Tiger
04-12-2002, 05:07 PM
Fear anyone who's about 5'10, 145lbs, and studies Jeet Kune Do or Wing Chun, who can side step the shiiit out of anything you try!

Gold Horse Dragon
04-12-2002, 05:51 PM
FEAR...has no place in a confrontation...if you have fear...then you are 50% of the way to losing...great warriors do not fight in anger, fear or any other emotion...they defend themselves in calmness, awareness and wisdom...with their years of having training correctly doing the rest. On ther other side of the coin, laughing and overconfidence will also bring you 50% of the way towards losing.

GHD

Ralek
04-12-2002, 07:46 PM
I would fear Muay thai, BJJ. They spar hardcore and each month they will get more full contact experience then most people do their entire lifetime.

I would laugh at kung fu guys who train forms and drills.

NorthernMantis
04-12-2002, 08:35 PM
*sigh* Ralek....leave. Don't even bother to argue with anyone just leave. We're sick of you and your lies. Nobody wants you here and nobody likes you, just disappear from this forum. We're all sick of your useless antics and your boring posts.

anton
04-12-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by NorthernMantis
*sigh* Ralek....leave.

That would imply him having somewhere to leave to... ie. it would require ralek to have a life, which he obviously doesn't. Alhtough I suppose he could jerk off to his BJJ CD-Rom again.

dre
04-12-2002, 09:59 PM
lol

Fear most? I hear Kali is pretty badass ,Krav Marga too. I wouldn't want to go up against another Mantis stylist in a free for all ( I like my eyesight and testicles intact , thankyou ).

Laugh at most? Someone who thinks they know it all. Usually western wreslers who think MA is "Dance". They sing a different tune after a groin shot or two. . .

Sharky
04-12-2002, 10:07 PM
I fear the smallest bouncer in the club. Or the ones that don't look hard.

Why? Cos you know they are there for a reason; and it ain't cos they look hard - so they must be the shi.t.

Sharky
04-12-2002, 10:08 PM
this has made me think of another topic.

Paul
04-12-2002, 10:31 PM
mantis9

I think there is a huge diff between a street fighter and a 'martial artist' in most cases. You should be able to figure that one out.

I fought a muay thai fighter recently. He was no big deal and he outweighed me by over 25 pounds. It makes no sense to worry about this style or that style. Some people suck and some don't it's not the style or lack thereof.

dre
04-12-2002, 11:27 PM
I disagree to a point. Some (most , probably) ma's favor one type of body over another.

I'd say that a TKD'er is better off being tall and leggy with strong legs while someone who does Animal KF is better to be shorter and bulk-ier with a strong upper body.

I'd take a Martial Artist with some "street experience" over just a regular guy with more "street experience" , since the MA'er actually has some sort of plan and system , while the other guy is just flying on pure talent for fighting.

rogue
04-13-2002, 09:55 AM
"I fear the smallest bouncer in the club. Or the ones that don't look hard.
Why? Cos you know they are there for a reason; and it ain't cos they look hard - so they must be the shi.t."

I had a sensei tell me that in a bad neighborhood he didn't fear the guy with all the scars on his face, but the guy in the nice suit picking his teeth with switchblade.

Ralek
04-13-2002, 10:55 AM
Northern Mantis. You say your tired of my lies? I think that you are tired of my truths, not my lies. I don't lie on this forum. Everything i do is truth. I fought shaolin tiger. I went to cooper park and can describe the park in detail but JF Spring never showed up.

If you do not like my truths that is fine. No many kung fu stylists enjoy learning their styles fighting record agaisnt other martial arts. UFC, EFC, IFC. Kung fu has failed in these arenas. If you think it's a lie then make sure you see it before you disbelieve it.

JasBourne
04-13-2002, 11:24 AM
Time for your nap, Ralek. Go dream some more about the ultimate video-fu school you are opening and all the kungfu losers you will beat up with your invincible skillz.

Back on topic: We have all sizes and body types in my wingchun school, and there seems to be no set physical criteria for who is good and who is not. Each fighter adapts the principles to work with his/her own body and preference.

There's a huge fella, like 6' 8" and 280 lbs, solid as a rock, arms like a gorilla. His rooting is so incredibly solid he doesn't have to do a whole lot. He uses his strength and solidity to his advantage - if you cannot avoid him, he will hurt you. There's another fella, he's like 5'6" and 160lbs. He is fast, very fast, and his structure is excellent. *zip*WHAM* he's inside and you're hurting. When he fights the big guy, he uses the fact that he's shorter and lighter to his total advantage, literally climbing all over this big bear of a man.

There's another guy, he's average size and weight, very very good wingchunner, but he loves to box and grapple, so if you let him get in too close, he'll punch the beejesus out of you, and if he can, he'll take you down just because its fun for him.

Each of these guys is completely different. All of them are nasty fighters, you would seriously not want to face them on the street. Each of them is an excellent wingchunner, yet they each look and move differently when using their style.

Fighter, not style, although style must definitly work in order for fighter to find it useful. That's my two yen.

Polaris
04-13-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Gold Horse Dragon
FEAR...has no place in a confrontation...if you have fear...then you are 50% of the way to losing...great warriors do not fight in anger, fear or any other emotion...they defend themselves in calmness, awareness and wisdom...with their years of having training correctly doing the rest.

Yeah that sounds good, but in the real world people feel fear. It
is a defense mechanism, a standard physiological function that
can't just be turned on and off at will. Though there probably are some exceptions.

Yung Apprentice
04-13-2002, 02:10 PM
Don't mean to be rude, but I think you've been watching to many MA movies. It's human nature to fear. We are not robots. Sure you can train yourself to be calm, but don't mistake that for not HAVING fear or being afraid. It doesn't matter IF you fear.What matters is what you do in the face of fear.

Yung Apprentice
04-13-2002, 02:15 PM
I hate fighting "sturdy" guy with a low center of gravity. In a bad neighborhood, fear the old/older man. Only thing you can be sure of, is that he is a survivor.

Bao Jong
04-13-2002, 02:48 PM
I my opinion, if you fear your opponent you have already lost the fight. Your fear will lead to hesitation, and ultimatly effect your performance. Have faith in your ability and what your sifu has taught you, your power, speed and accuracy will then be to its full potential.

fightfan
04-13-2002, 02:48 PM
I would fear ANY guy that has knuckles that stick out like spikes and massive cauliflower ears with a twisted nose that is running low on cartilage. ;)
Besides that the one time I crapled my pantaloons was one night my friend mouthed off to this guy for staring at his girl a little too long and when we came out of the store there were 20 more all wearing the same color clothes. It took some silver tongue-fu to get out of that and the whole time we were walking away I expected to hear a click-click boom. :eek:
Dont think Ive ever been happier to get in my car and drive off.:cool:

NafAnal
04-13-2002, 03:07 PM
I find for the most part, people who argue about style are trying to convince themselves that they are on the right path....

tri2bmt
04-13-2002, 05:11 PM
Nobodies said it but I will seeing as how I started this thread. I fear most any person adept in any form of internal boxing.
I'd laugh at a BJJ guy who thinks he's the **** cause the biased rules in UFC give his style a winning advantage.

Ralek
04-13-2002, 08:11 PM
The only rules in the early UFC's that Royce Gracie fought in were NO EYE POKING and NO BITING. Everything else was legal. You could punch testicles(happened), break legs(happened), crush throats(legal but never happened), or whatever else you can imagine that does't involve eye poking or biting.

This does not favor a grappler. This does not favor a striker. These are not biased rules. This is the absence of every single rule in the book except for 2. And kung fu guys fight better with fewer rules right?

But kung fu has lost in the NO RULES challenge matches that BJJ guys have. NO RULES favors the superoir style. Buy a video called "Gracie Jiujiitsu in Action Part 2". You will see a little skinny BJJ guys destroy big kung fu guys with no rules. There are no restrictions on any techniques. Yes it's 1 vs. 1 so it's technically not a street fight as there are no people shooting machine guns at you but it proves who is the better fighter.

Gracie Jiujitsu in action Part 1 is good too but it doens't have any kung fu guys in it. Kung fu has lost in both NO RULES challenge matches and VERY FEW RULES NHB fights. It has proven itself a losing style. You can't argue with results.

HuangKaiVun
04-13-2002, 08:35 PM
Ralek, you don't know the dangers - legal and financial - of fighting.

Real martial artists of true skill know better than to talk trash at others.

I'll say it politely: curb your tongue because the next kung fu man you talk trash about just might bring a gun and shoot you dead at the designated time of challenge. Or his friends might jump you all at once.

So Ralek, don't let your juvenile bravado get you into a LIFETHREATENING situation. Do what you will, but I'm trying to HELP YOU, not hurt you.

You are too good a martial artist to throw your life way.

Paul
04-13-2002, 08:39 PM
LOL

Ralek
04-13-2002, 08:49 PM
They won't know who i am. If i go to a challenge match and see 50 guys standing in the special place where i'm supposed to meet then i'll just leave and pretend i'm an ordinary person.

Trust me. No one is going to shoot me. I'm just too wicked cool. Shaolin Tiger was really mad at me and said he would break my legs in his post. And he was really mad at the park. But then when he met me he calmed down becuase i'm just so wicked cool. Then we fought and I easily elbow-knee escpaed him dispite the fact that he is a national level san shou fighter.

HuangKaiVun
04-13-2002, 08:52 PM
And then one day WE'LL fight and I'll use my hammer Mjolnir to shoot lightning bolts at you.

Then again, you'll turn green and roar "Hulk Smash". I'd be in trouble then.

You're fun, Ralek.

yu shan
04-13-2002, 08:52 PM
I personally respect all the Arts. They all have their own strengths and weakness. To me it`s not the style, but the person. I`m lucky I have a Shrfu who is sharing the treasures of the ancients!

Ralek
04-13-2002, 08:54 PM
www.bjj.org/images/royce-delucia.jpg

This is just one of many of kung fu's losses to BJJ. Looks like Shaolin 5 animals kung fu has no defense agaisnt a simple striaght armbar.

HuangKaiVun
04-13-2002, 09:00 PM
More vicarious living, eh Ralek?

It's nice to see that your idol is so skilled.

KungFuGuy!
04-13-2002, 09:14 PM
The guy in the picture might not even study kung fu. Even if he did, the gracies are the kings of their art. I'd like to see one of them go against the kings of the kung fu art, the shaolin monks, and the masters who have been studying for over 50 years.
Ralek, you haven't proven anything. You had a friendly little match with ST who went easy on you, and dodged the challenge with springer because you knew you couldn't win. You probably were there, but when you saw that he was the real deal, you took off right away. Either that or you weren't there at all. The point is, you backed out. That's why you took a couple months off from this forum, you wanted to give everyone a chance to forget about your lies, and now that springer is gone you are free to post whatever BS you want. No one has forgot. We even remember when you got caught in your own lie of knocking out that make believe tai chi instructor :D

JasBourne
04-13-2002, 09:23 PM
They won't know who i am. If i go to a challenge match and see 50 guys standing in the special place where i'm supposed to meet then i'll just leave and pretend i'm an ordinary person.

Trust me. No one is going to shoot me. I'm just too wicked cool. Shaolin Tiger was really mad at me and said he would break my legs in his post. And he was really mad at the park. But then when he met me he calmed down becuase i'm just so wicked cool. Then we fought and I easily elbow-knee escpaed him dispite the fact that he is a national level san shou fighter.

... and you were there... and you were there... and oh! Auntie Em! You were there! And Toto, too!

:D

grogan
04-13-2002, 09:31 PM
Style I'd like to go up against would be either out of TKD or BJJ, I just want to try this neck snapping trick for the BJJ when they try to tackle me onto the ground or a nice hammer fist to the back of the skull.

fightfan
04-13-2002, 10:00 PM
grogan, what would you do if the BJJ guy timed his clinch exactly as you blocked a multitude of chain punches and effortlessly slammed you on the cement by sweeping your legs as he clinches your upper body or lifting you up and dropping you right on you shoulder dislocating it?
Lets say you do have time to sprawl. What if the BJJ guy keeps driving you back until your back is against a wall, car, anything preventing your legs from going back for the sprawl and THEN takes you to the ground?
Once on the ground how would you escape a constrictor that rains blows to your temples, chin, and throat?
If you think its so easy, why DONT you try it?
A troll is a troll is a troll....

Ralek
04-13-2002, 10:34 PM
KungFuGuy. There's no way i can prove to you that i showed up at Cooper Park for JF Springer. Springer is in his 40's.

ShaolinTiger was a 27 year old national level san shou fighter who has fought Marvin Perry that outwieghed me by 20 pounds who siad he was going to break my femur. I fought him. But somehow you assume that i am terrified of a 40 year old guy becuase he's the "real deal"? Shaolin Tiger was the real deal. I fougth him and people on this forum have met him and he has verified i fought him. But I guess i'm just way to scared to fight people who havn't fought san shou against Marvin Perry and don't threaten to break my legs.

I was so pised off over the JF Sprigner no show that i stopped coming to kungfuonline.com. What was the point of even coming if no one believed i even showed up? Well i will show up for anyone who wants to meet me. If you don't think i show up then set up a time and place to meet me and i will be there. I'll fight any of you.

Apoweyn we can fight. Even though your not a kung fu guy.
Know_no. I will meet you if you want to. You live in maryland.

Mr Punch
04-13-2002, 10:47 PM
I had a sensei tell me that in a bad neighborhood he didn't fear the guy with all the scars on his face, but the guy in the nice suit picking his teeth with switchblade.

Rogue, did your sensei like western movies? Eli Wallach? The Good, The Bad and The Ugly? Giovanni Whatshisface? For a Few Dollars More? Agggh, who was it? Thanks a bunch mate, I'm not sleeping tonight!!
:mad:

dre
04-13-2002, 10:49 PM
I think Hanabal-Lector Fu would work well on BJJ stylists. . .

Plus . . if attacked by a BJJ'er I think I'd just act like even *more* of the ***animal*** stylist that I am . . hold, bite, poke ,claw. . .

But seriously, on the street . . as a BJJ how are you sure that the strung out crak head you're fighting (that just bit you) isn't infecte with AIDS or any other of 100 deseases he may have?

Mr Punch
04-13-2002, 10:54 PM
Jas: Lmao!!!

Huang! It was you who stole Mjolnir?! You will die and go to Texas!:mad: :mad: :mad:

To answer the question: I wouldn't like to fight anyone who was fast enough to put me down before I even had a ghost of a chance at id-ing their style... I wouldn't fear them, I'd be eating concrete!

The only style I could probably actually id that I really wouldn't give a monkeys about is shotokan karate... or R(alek)JJ.

Ralek
04-14-2002, 11:38 AM
I have a yellow belt in shotokan karate.

dezhen2001
04-14-2002, 11:41 AM
exactly :D

david

Ralek
04-15-2002, 09:24 AM
Dre. The BJJ superior ground positioning will nuetralize all your bites, scratches, and claws. If you are pinned it's not as easy as you think.

And they will be able to poke your eyes extremely easy. Such as the mount position they can punch you but you cannot punch them back. Watch "Gracie Jiujitus IN action Part 2" to see some NO RULES fights with kung fu guys. One guy tried to grab Rorion Gracie's balls but quickly changed his mind.

Rorion and Royce put the smack down on a bunch of kung fu guys and none of their biting and scracthing techniques worked. BJJ nuetralizes the animal styles.

www.bjj.org/images/royce-delucia.jpg

Ryu
04-15-2002, 09:37 AM
Sigh..... punching an aids infected crack head also is dangerous for you.

I have purposely let my training partner a long time ago try to hit the back of my skull when I took him down (and he knew when I was going to do it.) Now he has some skilled sprawls...

I don't say I can defend your punches by triangling them. I have to learn how to block them and fight with my hands. Why would you think you can simply poke your way out of a grappler's attack?? :confused:

I hate it when you guys make me seem like I'm defending Ralek...... :D

Damm! Gotta bath in acid again...

Ryu

Badger
04-15-2002, 09:45 AM
Biting a crackhead to get him off of you would be a bad idea as well.

JF Springer is a dweeb...Ralek woulda-coulda kicked his sorry butt.

Ryu- do you have anymore of that acid-bath stuff???

Badger

Ryu
04-15-2002, 09:56 AM
Jump in my friend!

Oh wait....you don't bathe "Greek style". :D
Here's some acid bath solution. Just dump it in your tub and your all set.

Ryu

diego
04-15-2002, 04:32 PM
thanx for the hit rye, u gotta towel:confused: :rolleyes:

dre
04-15-2002, 05:11 PM
Ryu - "punching an aids infected crack head also is dangerous for you"

I agree. I don't think I'd go around attacking them ether. I would be more accurate in saying " If you were attacked by an AIDS crazy crackhead".

Ryu - don't say I can defend your punches by triangling them. I have to learn how to block them and fight with my hands. Why would you think you can simply poke your way out of a grappler's attack??

Never said that. But it's better than nothing. He may win the fight, but it's "harder for him to celebrate with one f****** eye" to paraphrase someone else (I forget whom).

Badger - Biting a crackhead to get him off of you would be a bad idea as well.

Definatly. But Crackheads are too strung out to learn BJJ (thankfully).

Ralek
04-15-2002, 07:14 PM
Yes. Using strikes agaisnt someone who has AIDS is very dangerous. Why? Becuase the strikes will draw blood.

In my fight with shoalin Tiger i punched him in the face and cut the area in between my knuckles on his tooth. There was a deep cut in the shape of a tooth about half a centimeter deep. The cut was bleeding. Shaolin Tiger was spitting blood mixed with saliva out of his mouth. If shaolin tiger had aids i probably would have caught it.

My arm was cut open by a roundhouse kick during the fight and started bleeding. My body was covered with blood and shaolin tiger kept on spitting out blood. When the bicycle police man came i thought he would see the blood but he just rode right past us. Luckily we stopped fighting and were just talking when the bicycle police man came.

red_fists
04-15-2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Ryu
Sigh..... punching an aids infected crack head also is dangerous for you.

Yeah, I can see the fight unfolding.

Attacker: I'm gonna murder you.
Defender: Whoah, are you an aids infected crack head??
Attacker: Hmm, no why??

Wham Blam

Defender beats up Attacker.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

diego
04-15-2002, 07:22 PM
i remember that threadm you both agreed it was a boring fight, now you hype it up like thier was action, you said you went at it for twenty minutes, so basically you lightly sparred. Ralek go answer the phone its ringing...:)

Ralek
04-15-2002, 07:34 PM
Although the fight was not fought for the purpose of entertaining spectators, it was pretty action packed with shaolin Tiger doing an "Iron Broom Sweep"--that's where you drop down, and spin and sweep their leg out like in the movies. It hit my ankle and almost made me fall but i had backed up out of range before he could get both my legs. It's a really cool move that almost worked.

Shaolin Tiger threw a "spinning back kick".
shaolin Tiger did a doubl leg takedown.
I got hit on the thight with rounhouses and they were really hard and one of them made me spin around in a circle.

His style was like a combination of muay thai and wreslting. But i neutralized his offense with my superior defensive skills and counter punching. I can't kick worth beans but I used my hands to keep him from closing the distance and landing power hits.

The only time he could close the distance was when he shot in for the double leg takedown. I did and elbow knee escape and put him in guard.

We fought for about 13-15 minutes with shaolin tiger getting tired about every 5 minutes so we stopped and took a rest break every 5 mintues. I didn't even break a sweat but shoalin tiger was out of shape becuase it was 3 years since he had fought in san shou and seriously worked out.

ewallace
04-15-2002, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Paul
I think I would be most worried about an experienced street fighter over most martial artists regardless of style.

Exactly.

dre
04-15-2002, 07:41 PM
Did BJJ work against a real live Tiger Realek? lol

diego
04-15-2002, 09:30 PM
as long as you remember it wasnt a harsh fight, i mean at one point you said you guys like sat down and chatted at a bench till the crowd left?.

also i have a technical question for you as im new to grappling, how differant is helios jj compared to the japanese method he readapted? Also for streetfighting what stratagies do high level bjj trian for multiple opponents, obviously they have some sort of standup game for the street right?.

Ralek you know anything about oldschool mongolian wrestling, i dont, but its in the history of my hopgar, that mongol wrestleing is a big root for my branch of kf, and it makes sence to me as a beginner, that hidden within my longarm punches, is many throws and sweeps etc, im told the main ideal for my style, is to knockout and uproot your opponent, and throw him so he lands in a terminating position. so you know about mongol wrestleing, and does it relate to bjj technique.

also did you take a message, when your stupid ass grabbed the phone:cool:

Ryu
04-15-2002, 09:31 PM
Red_fists,
That's my point. You're not going to be able to tell if someone is attacking you anyway, and you have to do what you need to do to overcome the situation. If the attacker has aids, you run the risk of getting it no matter what. Even though it's probably a small chance, you can get it by punching him just as easily as grappling him.

Ryu

red_fists
04-15-2002, 09:42 PM
Ryu.

Agreed, you gett into a fight and you have to take your chances.

Lady luck might be smiling on you that day or she might be off playing with Blind Io.

Ralek
04-16-2002, 01:15 PM
Diego. "Wasn't a harsh fight."

Acutally it was very harsh. It was full contact. There was no holding back of the blows. Everything was for real. Now we did keep a friendly mind set and i didn't continue to beat on him when he got tired and we didn't try to rip each other's eye balls out but the strikes were as real as it gets.

Shaolin Tiger may have lost a tooth. The cut in my hand was about half a centimeter deep from his tooth. I'm not sure if he lost his tooth or not.

It was a full contact fight. Consider a professional muay thai fight in thailand. Sure there are rules such as no biting or eyegouging, but the fights are still very real. Several dozen people die every year fighting in Muay thai dispite the fact that there are rules. The strikes are full contact.

Ralek
04-16-2002, 01:21 PM
And there wasn't a crowd around us. We only stopped when shoalin tiger got tired.

Around the perimiter of the park there are side walks. So about 200 yards away from us there are people walking by on the sidewalks. They did not crowd around but i was afraid they might call the cops and there was a suspicious looking person who i think might have been the park security guard who was hanging around about 500-700 yards away.

After about 15 minutes of fighting with shoalin tiger getting tired every 5 minutes i said we should call it a draw and stop because someone might have called the cops. So we stop fighting and go over to a bench and talk. And about 1 minute later a cop on a bicycle rides right by us!!!! I could hear on his walkie talkie someone say "two guys fighting". We were just talking and he just rode right on by. Shaolin Tiger said he would sue the city of Frederick if they arrested him.

DelicateSound
04-16-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Ralek
Shaolin Tiger said he would sue the city of Frederick if they arrested him.

You can't sue a "city". D!CK HEAD! Everytime you tell this it gets more ridiculous. You are a knob.

dezhen2001
04-16-2002, 03:05 PM
:yawn: is anyone else bored with this? :o

david

DelicateSound
04-16-2002, 03:07 PM
To my very core.

dezhen2001
04-16-2002, 03:09 PM
wouldn't it be so cool if u were a moderator? :D

david

DelicateSound
04-16-2002, 03:12 PM
Yep - I'd be a Cyber - Batman!!!

It'd be great if trolls got lives and the rest of us could just discuss politely! These Yanks eh....:)

dezhen2001
04-16-2002, 03:15 PM
hey, come to the chatroom we're all in here :)

http://www.kungfuonline.com/chat.html

david

Ralek
04-16-2002, 03:16 PM
That's what he said. You can ask him if you want. If he still visits the forums anymore. Ask apoweyn. He is on this forum and he has personally met shaolin tiger. Shaolin Tiger has verified that i have fought him.

Mutant
04-16-2002, 03:38 PM
ralek, could you at least go fight somebody new so we don't have to hear that same tired, anti-climatic, go nowhere story anymore? its not very exciting, was a boring fight (if you could even call it that, sounds more like friendly sparring than fighting)....it proves basically nothing (other than s-t needed some more cardio training). please make up a new story or something. better yet, go fight j.springer (what ever happened to that) so you have something new to write about....youre like a freakin broken record. go fight someone else, you need some new material to work with. take the bus to balimore and fight e-fist when he's in town. just shut up about the stupid s-t fight with the elbow knee escape already, its sooo boring.
for the love of humanity....please fight someone else already!

JasBourne
04-16-2002, 04:10 PM
There's a lot of us here who watched this little drama before it became a boring rerun on daytime cyberTV. We remember how it all went down, and it wasn't even close to what Ralek is pretending.

SholinTiger00 once lightly sparred for like 2 or 3 minutes with Marvin Perry. ShaolinTiger00 once entered a 'national' event that was open to everyone. The two incidents were completely unrelated. He tapped Ralek repeatedly during their friendly match to show him where he could have damaged him. They both quit cause the park cop came over to break it up. It was really mild stuff all around.

Pinocchio needs to take in some oxygen.

:rolleyes:

guohuen
04-16-2002, 06:52 PM
Wanna hear about the splinter in my foot? Probably more interesting!

Ralek
04-17-2002, 09:22 AM
Jasbourne. Where do you get this information? No one broke up the fight. No one came near us while we were fighting. Somehow all of you guys got the notion in your head that there was a big crowd around us. There was no one around us. There were a few people who walked by on a side walk about 200 yards away from us. They just walked by and kept on walking.

And where did you get the idea that shaolin tiger was just tapping a few time? I fought him. He could not hurt me. He was hitting full contact. So he was trying to show where he could hurt me? I didn't get hurt dispite the fact he was hitting as hard as he could. I just got a bunch of cuts. But he got cuts too. You don't have cuts opening up on your body from light contact. One of his roundhoused he threw was so hard it ripped open my arm. But i guess that was just light contact. Whenver he tried to get on the inside i would punch him and he could not close the distance.

Jasbourne. Shaolin Tiger came in 3rd place in that National san shou event. 3rd in the United States is not that bad. Or i guess any old bumb can get 3rd place in the san shou national tournament. Even Emin Boztepe and William chung's top students were easily KO'd in san shou. They all lost their first fight. But shoalin tiger almost won the thing.

Ralek
04-17-2002, 09:31 AM
Shaolin tiger showed that he is very skilled at kicking and even at that fancy stuff they do in the movies he almost made work. Spinning back kicks and Iron broom sweeps.

He had not trained or fought in san shou for several years so he was out of shape. I on the other hand was doing lot's of runnign and jump rope and it takes alot to make me tired. In fact i virtually don't get tired anymore. I do 1 hour of jump rope everyday and it's not that hard to do. Once you do it regurarly it's easy. Sort of like leglifts. Once you get good at leglifts they are too easy and don't even give you a work out anymore.

Why have i not fought again? I have attempted to figh again. JF Springer did not show up. Can i prove it? No. So there's no point in me even talking about it anymore. However if there are anymore kung fu people in maryland then Just make a post and let me know you want to fight me. I have an open door policy for all kung fu challenge matches.

Ralek
04-17-2002, 09:46 AM
This might sound kind of silly to you people who play the StreetFigherII video games but i actually have a scar on my chest from my fight with shaolin tiger. Not as big as Sagat's. But it's a good memorabilia trophy so i will always remember the fight.

Badger
04-17-2002, 09:50 AM
Which one is Sagat??

Badger

Ralek
04-17-2002, 10:02 AM
Sagat is the really tall Muay thai fighter that has a scar on his chest from his fight with Ryu. He wants to fight Ryu again to regain his title of the World's best fighter.

Havn't you ever played the StreetFighter video games? Those are the best fighting series ever made. and the street fighter alpha versions are even better.

Chinwoo-er
04-17-2002, 10:03 AM
Sagat is that bjj guy who got beaten up by Chun Li with her Yoga Fire. Sagat's father, Bison then challenged Blanker for the revenge of what his daughter Chun Li did. Suffice to say, that guy Kyo and Iori interviened and the game caught a virus and everyone died.

Badger
04-17-2002, 10:09 AM
I have played the first one & the second a couple of times.
Is Sagat the Muay Thai dude at the end??

Badger

Ralek
04-17-2002, 10:11 AM
In the Street Fighter Alpha 2 game i can beat the secret "new challenger" agaisnt Akuma using Ken or Sakura. How many people do you know can beat Akuma in the "New Challenger" fight? I'm the only one who's ever done it to my knowledge.

Ryu
04-17-2002, 10:12 AM
Yep he is. :)

Ralek! Sagat could NEVER beat Ryu ;)
Tells ya something huh? Ryu is da shiznit. (or whatever you guys say LOL)

Ryu

Ralek
04-17-2002, 10:13 AM
Yes. Sagat is not the very last but the SECOND TO LAST character you fight in the old StreetFighter 2 game.

He is the really tall guy who says "Tiger!!" whever he throws a fireball or uppercut. Yes he does muay thai.

Ryu
04-17-2002, 10:16 AM
Ralek, you ever play the new SF games out of Japan? I spent like 20 dollars on the last dammm guy about 2 years or so ago in Japan. By this time the game I played is probably old news. But very fun.
It was SF 3, but a different version of it.

Ryu

Badger
04-17-2002, 10:17 AM
Who are the two Thai-boxers at the end of the original??

Badger

Ralek
04-17-2002, 10:17 AM
Ryu. The only reason that Ryu beat Sagat is becuase the video game is made by JAPANESE programmers. Of course the JAPANESE programmers are going to make the japanese fighter's win. It's just a racial bias made by the japanese programmers.

why do you think that Sakura beat that girl in the red dress? Becuase Sakura is japanese and the japanese programmers are biased.

Ryu
04-17-2002, 10:19 AM
Sakura's the shiznit. :D

Ryu

Badger
04-17-2002, 10:20 AM
Now I know how Sakuraba beats the Gracies...Pride is in Japan...now I get it!!!;)

Badger

Ralek
04-17-2002, 10:22 AM
Badger. There are not 2 thai boxers at the end of the old Streetfighters. There is only Sagat. After that you fight Bison who is a neo nazi with supernatural powers that allow him to fly.

Ryu. I've played street fighter 3. I don't like it as much as the alpha series. If you come to Frederick town mall or Francise scott key mall they have some really bad ass Streetfighter games. they have new one i forget what it's called that is straight from japan with japanese writing and all.

Badger
04-17-2002, 10:22 AM
Badger is the shiznit!:D

Badger

Ryu
04-17-2002, 10:23 AM
Ever notice how Sakuraba's name has SAKURA in it???? :D Shiznit people, shiznit.

Ryu

Badger
04-17-2002, 10:27 AM
A karate dude
a ninja
a kickboxer
a boxer
a fat kungfu dude
an old kungfu dude
a British dude with kali sticks
a Britsh dude with a mohawk
a little thai-boxer dude
a big thai-boxer dude

Ralek
04-17-2002, 10:30 AM
I don't know. The earliest streetfighter i've ever played is "StreetFighter 2". so i never played the very first one.

Badger
04-17-2002, 10:32 AM
now I feel old.:(

Badger

dezhen2001
04-17-2002, 10:33 AM
i can't believe there is 2 pages+ full of 'streetfighter' talk :D Still, more interesting than what the thread was gonna end up :)

david

Badger
04-17-2002, 10:38 AM
Did anyone like DoubleDragon??? :)

Badger

diego
04-17-2002, 10:39 AM
i sucked so bad, i mean **** went from mario bros and punchout, to those 12 bit graphics, simply blew my mind, and alot of quarters, as the human brain hadnt even evolved to manipulate those graphics yet, its funny tho, my lil bros pass all the ps2 games, even the ratedr ones and they 11 and 14, that **** would have been rocketscience back in the day?

Ralek
04-17-2002, 10:39 AM
It's all becuase of the scar on my chest. I am permanently scarred for life from my fight with shoalin tiger. But it looks kind of cool. I like scars. I want to get a scar on my face that goes vertically across my eye. Just like Sub Zero has in the video game Moral Kombat 4. Vertical scars across the eye are super cool.

diego
04-17-2002, 10:41 AM
what about narc, me and my cousin were little badasses, may he rip, narc was the bomb you a corrupt cop upping all the dealers packets and $bundles; Well thats how we played it, frontn badass, gangsta rap just came out, we was 8 in vancouver all straight out of compton== im your pusher, So we luvd that game.

diego
04-17-2002, 10:47 AM
my cousin used to own that, for i think sega, then he had a heartattack in the army 4 years ago, and i miss him, thanx, bringing up personnal issues and ****:mad:

:D Ralek man were losing you, put peoples name in front of your sentences, or we think your talking to yourself perusual.
so st ****ed you up eh, sounds Breathtaking:confused:

shaolinboxer
04-17-2002, 10:49 AM
Ralek, I you want that scar you should find a kenjutsu school ;).

BTW, does anyone recall that on the orignal street fighter they had those giant fist pounding buttons? So satisfying to beat the crap out of that machine....but not nearly as satisfying as whacking away at a Fist of the Northstar machine which has 6 mechanical punching pads that come in and out in patterns for you to hit.

And hey, now that i'm babbling about games...ever play that new boxing game that allows you to put on this sensor glove hings and whack away at the air squaring off with opponents. I have a major problem with that game. First, there ar no hook punches nor uppercuts. Second, when the guy punches at you on the screen with his right hand, you must duck to the right, towards his other hand, and cannot slip outside like IMO you should.

These simulators need to be more complex.

Tae Li
04-18-2002, 04:27 AM
hey coo thread, i read most of it which must mean that im bored sh!tless....

streetfighting....hmmmmm.....i always kicked arse in those video games, beat BOTH my bro's, plus in tkd we practise some typical streetfighting techinques that may or may not be useful...i reckon someones best weapon is experience, but that doesnt mean you should go out ans start beating the life out of people on the street...

drop a coin in front of them swear, wait till they hit you AND THEN beat the crrap out of them:D i know bad thinking from a young lady....:eek:

btw, all that talk about fear at the beg of the thread was really interesting, and although it would be wondeful to fear nothing...it is not possible. we are only human with hearts amd minds, not mechanical machines...oh well.

Tae Li;)

oh oh! and Ewallace i LOOOOVE your avatar dude! it rocks!

peace all.