PDA

View Full Version : What to do against a Karate die-hard?

Juggler
03-16-2001, 02:13 PM
Okay, I know this die-hard Karate 'exponent' who keeps putting down KF. He knows I'm a Kung Fu practisioner and is really getting in my nerves, and goes on backstabbing me and seemingly trying to challenge me.

One of these days, we may end up slugging it out. Can you people give me some advice against a moderate to advanced Karateka?

tnwingtsun
03-16-2001, 04:08 PM
1.You should control your nerves,not him.
2.Smile at him every chance you get.
3.Train hard.
4.Why worry?
5.Sounds like he's got the problem not you.
6.Thats great that he underestimates KF
if he ever puts you in a corner he'll be in for a big surprise.
7.If your teacher cannot answer this,find another.

03-16-2001, 04:23 PM
Jugger!

The solution can be found in Southern Mantis Bork Choy. When your hands are hardend you can Bork Tau (Tau means head in Cantonese) Bork is the sound you make when you hit something hard.

Remeber Karate was developed by peasants and used by peasants in the small island of Okinawa. Is this something the Great Southern Kung Fu has to worry about?

Ego Energize!
Maximus Maximize!

fiercest tiger
03-16-2001, 10:19 PM
you are a goose a troll and full of sh!t.

these peasents with there peasant training could defeat samuria and other invaders with there minute style.
these peasant styles that you keep saying from the SOUTH! ARE MUCH HARDER, BETTER FIGHTERS THAN ANY OF YOUR WANNA BE *** N/MANTIS.
southern mantis was a fighting system for the palace guards, so its **** effective. get hit with one gou choy and you will be squashed you turd! hahahahahahahahahaha :p

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

03-16-2001, 10:31 PM
this bork choy crap is just that. you obviously have NO training whatsoever, and i even question that perhaps you are mentally retarded. ego, take your bork and go bork yourself!

this is ego in a fight; bork! that hurts! stop it! bork! bork! ow! stop! bork! bork! please stop! bork! bork! bork! (bork being the sound ego makes when someone hits HIM hard).

if i wanted you to know me, you'd know me.
-ironvest-

03-17-2001, 01:49 AM
Fiercetiger

1) Karate practitioners cin gerneral couldn't defeat the Samuri. As a point of historical fact, they trained in secret as martial arts training out side the "arm forces" were banned. If they were discovered more likely then ont they meet their death from the samuri blade.

2)Unarmed combat is NO match to the sword no matter how much Karate takes pride in its hand techniques.

3) Weapons that Karate use against the sword such as the tong fa is a weapon of last resort. The best way to engage a sword is with another sword. Just like in WWII best way to take out a tank is with another tank. But if you have a handheld granade launcher is better than nothing. You should think of Karate weapons in this context.

4) It was Northern Mantis that was used by Palace Guards - not southern mantis. This is an historical fact.

5) Bork Choy is a very hard hitting action. Some person refered to Bork Bork Bork is very accurate as you hit quickly in sequences of three strikes. It's based on the universal rule - 3 strikes and YOU'RE OUT!!!!!

Ego Energize!
Maximus Maximize!

Juggler
03-17-2001, 01:50 AM
Ego, just put your name-sake where your mouth is.
Shut up!

03-17-2001, 02:00 AM
"hukd on fonics werkd fore me."

(i know that's been said before, but i just had to say it)

-ironvest-

tnwingtsun
03-17-2001, 02:08 AM
Have you ever taken out a tank??
I have,you are clueless boy,
BTW,whats the most valuable weapon in your arsenal you have right now??

NyHc
03-17-2001, 02:42 AM
First of all...Juggler
1. don't fight this "talker" if you don't have to.
2. Karate is ridiculously rigid. Use the "liquidity"-(if that's a word), of your Kung Fu against him.
3. If you do end up fighting him, stay relaxed and concentrate on your breating. The main reason (among others) that I say this is, if your concentrating on breathing, your NOT worried about the crippling adrenaline rush that can potentially freeze you up in a real fight.

Where does this guy study karate? With Kreese over at the Cobra Kai dojo?

I've encountered @sses like this when I was younger. It's better left ignored.

Also, don't let so many people know you study martial arts - that could've solved the whole problem, no?

This karate-guy is just talking sh!t.

Jackie Chan said it best in Rush Hour...
"I like to let people talk who like to talk. It makes it easier to find out how full of sh!t they are."

"Don't be sorry, be careful"

NorthernMantis
03-17-2001, 02:46 AM
Fiercest Tiger- don't waist you energy on that guy.What he has againts southern kung fu I don't know.It could be rolls in disguise.

Just do what I did with 5* ask what mantis style he is and his sifu.I'm sure no sifu no matter northern or southern accepts this type of behavior.He's just a troll nothing else.

"Always be ready"

[This message was edited by NorthernMantis on 03-17-01 at 04:55 PM.]

fiercest tiger
03-17-2001, 08:17 AM
ego- it doesnt change the fact that you are a troll and still a goose. :rolleyes:

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

[This message was edited by fiercest tiger on 03-17-01 at 10:44 PM.]

Juggler
03-17-2001, 11:10 AM
Thanks NyHc,

I try to keep quiet about my martial arts training, but it doesn't help when someone you know visits the MA school and coincidentally sees you there.

joedoe
03-18-2001, 05:25 AM
Juggler, ignore him.

Guns don't kill people, I kill people

Fu Manchu
03-18-2001, 03:23 PM
Jugger

I've been reading your posts and you seem to be a very peace loving person.

Why not let the Karate kid hit you and you turn the other cheek. In time he'll get bored and leave you alone. There's an old Japanese satying that what doesn't kill you will make you stronger.

Juggler
03-18-2001, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the suggestions forum-goers!

I think this fellow has gotten bored of it already! Hasn't annoyed me for quite a while, but I'll just turn the other way if he plays up again.

Good thing.

Kung Lek
03-18-2001, 06:10 PM
hi-

The "palace guard" in the forbidden city used many differnet styles over time to defend the emperor.

"Northern Mantis" may have been used but not exclusively and I would like to see where that assumption is made.

It is much more well known that in the 19th and 20th centuries before the fall of the last emperor that the palace guard were versed in many martial aspects but the style of preference for many of them was actually Pa Kua Chang (BaguaZhang for our Mandarin friends:) )
That "is" historically documented.

It is also worthy of note that Gate guards at a period of time were versed in splashing hands techniques because of the simplicity of the techniques and the short time required to master them.

peace

Kung Lek

As for the Karate guy, it is within his training to intimidate and put up a fierce front, just don't let him bug ya.
If he really wanted a go he would have brought it on by now don't you think? maybe he's testing how far it is he can go with you and thereby exposing your weaknesses in the process. Typical tactic of the typical JMA practitioner.

03-19-2001, 02:33 AM
I don't think it is smart to let him hit you. And i would take the initiative and challenge him. You might lose and he will get an even bigger head, but if you win it will give him the chance to experience humility. It is a risk that is worth the reward.

If you back down, then he gets a big head. If you lose the fight he gets a big head. You can't win if you don't fight him.

fiercest tiger
03-19-2001, 03:03 AM
are you talking about splashing hands of that mcneil character? what is the history of splashing hands?

:)

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

03-19-2001, 03:09 AM
please let's not get started on james mcneil. please, no. please whatever you do.

-ironvest-

[This message was edited by ironvest on 03-19-01 at 05:23 PM.]

Fu Manchu
03-19-2001, 04:15 PM
Kudukan,

Southern Mantis teaches iron body techniques that can withstand the punches from Karate. If your mind and heart are right, your chi energy will radiate from your dan tien that will ward off would be attakers.

what kung fu do you practice and has your chi been realigned? I practice the gentle art of tai chi in New Orleans.

03-19-2001, 04:27 PM
Fu Manchu. I don't practice kung fu. I don't really know much about chi. The iron body sounds good. What conditioning do you do for that? But i still wouldn't let the guy hit you on purpose. You can get a concusion from one punch.

Fu Manchu
03-20-2001, 03:49 PM
Kudokan

I personally practice the gentle art of tai chi which trains the mind more than the body. Students may begin the Tai Chi training because they want to fight. But through the wise teachings and guidance of Sifu they become at peace with the world and spend much of the time meditating. Some of my senior students have even taken the vow of celibacy and joined the monestry.

As for Southern Kung Fu, Iron body takes many years to master, that's if you can endure the training. In Pak Mei, I've heard that they use the 128 Daoist Postures which let them withstand hits. Then they progress after 12 years of training to the 64 ghost bridge techniques to condition their internal organs. The second stage is used in conjunction with acupunture and herbal medicine.

I spend alot of my time meditating and expanding my mind with the cajun brew that my wife prepares. Don't spend much time training anymore as I'm busy setting up a franchise where other Kung Fu masters can teach under the name of Dr. Fu. The profits will go towards the Shaolin Temple building fund and the Shaolin Temple foundation trust of New Orleans to take care of monks injured in their earlier years of training.

03-20-2001, 06:30 PM
how could you not have seen that one coming?

-ironvest-

jutsow
03-22-2001, 06:13 AM
have you tried laughing and pointing. if you did that you would see the only thing his black belt is good for is to dry the tears off his fat, chubby, arrogant cheeks. or he could give it to me. i could always use another roll of toilet paper.

Fu Manchu
03-23-2001, 12:45 AM
Jugger,

You must have been trainined to fight on Plum Flower Poles just like in the old days. Try challenging the Karate guy to such a match.

03-23-2001, 11:35 AM
I've been looking at a lot of the posts and I agree with most of the info I've seen. I'd like to add some info of my own. First, it doesn't necessarily matter what style you train in, just as long as you can use it to defend yourself. To go along with that, it's not really what you practice, it's how you practice and how much talent you have. Second, when it comes to fighting with weapons, the greatest weapon you can ever posses is a well developed mind. Self control is the key. Stick with that and everything else is cream cheese.

joedoe
03-23-2001, 12:20 PM
What if you are lactose intolerant? :)

Guns don't kill people, I kill people

Fu Manchu
03-24-2001, 03:58 AM
As a Kung fu practitioner, you'll have a natural advantage on Plum flower poles.

It won't mater if you're lactose intolerant as you should be the one kicking butt. So go and kick some butt and kick em hard. Kick it yeah. kick it yeah!

Get down and kick da butt!
Get down yeah!
Kung fu rules ok!

tnwingtsun
03-25-2001, 11:06 AM
Where did cha hear that about Bai Mei/Bak Mei
Lacey????

inyo
03-26-2001, 05:40 PM
find a japanese master and train in it for a while and if your lucky you may develop a true understanding of karate -do.the majority of comments rubbishing karate are ignorant generalisations.the most important thing in studying any martial art is to find a good teacher irrespective of the style.if you spend some time training in it you'll have a better understanding of how to fight a karateka.oossuu!!

doug maverick
03-30-2001, 06:58 PM
look if the karate guy keeps bothering you tell him the truth that karate do is nothing but basic kung fu but more rigid the truth always hurts

tnwingtsun
03-31-2001, 02:29 AM
If you understand your opponets attack
you will do good if you understand
yourself.(Sun Tsu)
You don't have to devote yourself to karate
to understand their attack or their defence.
Karate Master Funakashi said "Karate is for
health,not for fighting"
Its easy to pick up bad habits in karate
training,then you have to chip away these bad habits to learn good kung fu,
and granted there are other kung fu styles
that instill bad habits also,the trick
is finding out which one will help you out in a
hand to hand situation.

doug maverick
03-31-2001, 09:14 PM
i could not have said it better my self

inyo
04-04-2001, 04:59 PM
like i said--ignorant generalisations..?????

Rei
04-05-2001, 12:23 AM
that doesnt mean anything.

and i say if the guy bothers u again kick the living **** out of him. how else is he gonna understand he's an anoyin lil prik? Screw all that back away or self control crap, if he wants a go GO. th eonly thing is do it CIVILIZED. put gloves on and go on a ring and take it all out ;)

Peace!

*To conquer others, you must first conquer yourself*

rogue
04-05-2001, 02:04 AM
"Karate is for health,not for fighting"

Tell that to the guys in K-1.

Hey Juggler, the guys a jerk no matter what the style. Don't even bother with him.

inyo
04-06-2001, 07:29 PM
tnvingtsun---"if you understand your opponents attack you will do good if you understand yourself'--sun tzu--??????-----i'm not sure what you're point is ---"KNOW YOUR ENEMY ,KNOW YOURSELF AND YOU CAN FIGHT A HUNDRED BATTLES WITHOUT DISASTER..''-Sun Tzu --what better way of knowing your enemy than by training in his style of fighting and at the same time you also develop further understanding of yourself.--Sun Tzu placed enormous value on decerning the strategy of his enemies,what better way of gathering intelligence(information)about an adversary than by training(spying)in his method of combat---as for your comment regarding Funakoshi Gichin(Shotokan)that "karate is only for health...'' he was refering to the fact that he lived into his nineties and never got sick.he attributed his longevity and good health to his lifelong training in karate,he said many other things about karate--that its true purpose is to develop ones character,to foster courage, integrity,humility and self control.that it is only to be used for self defense and as a last resort when all other options have failed.to interpret his philosophy as a weakness is a serious mistake,his teachings are the balance to a dynamic and effective martial art that is (ideally)for self defence only.-------------------
Rei---you say-""to conquer others first you must conquer yourself""-- and you also write--''screw all that back away and self control crap--"----- conquering youself requires the development of self control and the ability to back away if need be.obviously you need to study karate to develop these qualities(not) or maybe you just need to train in what ever style you've just started for a while longer.--oossuu!!!

' :cool: