PDA

View Full Version : Kung Lek

Royal Dragon
04-13-2002, 07:24 AM
Shouldn't we wait untill Able wakes up and realises he's been such an a$$ and apologise before closing the thread??

David Jamieson
04-13-2002, 08:12 AM
He's (Abel) his own man and as such is entitled to his opinions and views.

If he changes his mind on the topic, I'm sure he'll let us know... or maybe not. The thread wasn't closed for any reason other than it was perpetuating what Gene asked to not be perpetuated here on the forum.

peace

Royal Dragon
04-13-2002, 09:31 AM
Cool.

wushu chik
04-13-2002, 04:02 PM
I was under the impression that Gene was going to shut down the thread on Monday? Hmmm, same ol same ol. Keep stupid thread about Ralek up, and shut down the others. Hey Kung Lek, you can tell me....Raleks on the payroll isn't he? Ahh, never mind...we all already know the answer to this question.

Oh, and I am surprised you didn't add POOF to the end of THAT thread too.....

~Wen~

GreyMystik
04-13-2002, 07:05 PM
POOF! :D

HuangKaiVun
04-13-2002, 08:19 PM
Kung fu colleagues, let's all take the high road.

Let's stick to strictly TECHNICAL discussion.

Royal Dragon
04-13-2002, 08:23 PM
"Let's stick to strictly TECHNICAL discussion."

Ok, how's this, If "I" hit someone Really, REALLY hard, "Technically", do you think they would feel pain??

Sum Sing Wong
04-13-2002, 08:23 PM
That will never happen and I think most on the KFO know this.

diego
04-13-2002, 08:29 PM
talking about your limpwrists:D

Sum Sing Wong
04-13-2002, 08:32 PM
lol...you said it, not me. Come on now hey! Just cause he is a Kung fu hippie doesn't mean he has limp wrist.

HuangKaiVun
04-13-2002, 08:38 PM
Not necessarily, Water Dragon.

Hit Sumo Wrestler Akebono with your best empty hand technique and he probably won't feel a thing even if you're Mark Coleman or Mike Tyson.

Striking somebody hard is but one way of defeating an opponent - thank God for that.

Royal Dragon
04-14-2002, 04:42 AM
When did "he" enter this disscussion?? I'm the "ROYAL" Dragon.

Personnally, I think if "someone" hit Sum Sing Wong real hard, "Technically" he be a'hurtin!!!

Of course we all know that would never happen on KFO. To big a risk of breaking our fine, fine monitors!!!! LoL!!:D

Speaking of monitors, anyone got one of those new fancy smancy "Flat" screens yet???

Sum Sing Wong
04-14-2002, 09:32 AM
Flat Screens are over rated.

SifuAbel
04-14-2002, 03:44 PM
KL,

You da man.

"Any more mentions of Cameron that I catch will have to be banned."

Although he has the right to move or remove posts from his board. It is NOT right for him to completely shut off people rights to say what they feel. I am not the only one that took offense to this statement. I am not the only one that expressed anger at neil and later at gene's "ruling", just the loudest. Even those that told me to chill later noted how Ralek can go on and on in his stupidity and Stacey could be neals twin against my one thread mention of squirrly boy will be banned is typical KFO.

Freedom of speech is dead.

"Technical" discussions on the Kung fu board? When did that happen?

red_fists
04-14-2002, 04:20 PM
Freedom of speech is dead.

I disagree there, it is their Board and therefor they set the rules by which we play here.

Nuff said.

P.S.: The Internet does not conform to US Laws and Constitutions, it is international and thus beyond & above any Countries Laws.

Sum Sing Wong
04-14-2002, 06:47 PM
Sum Sing people tend to over-look about this freedom of speech thing is: that it only goes as far as to being able to say what you want, when you want , as long as it doesn't interfere with someone elses constitutional rights.

scotty1
04-15-2002, 12:41 AM
Sum Sing Wong - I just got that. :)

I have a flat screen. :)

Sorry, far too early to even think about contributing anything worthwhile....

Apart from, I was wondering when the mods would step in over NC.

GeneChing
04-16-2002, 10:06 AM
I was planning to delete that thread, but it went a direction that I didn't expect and I felt it was necessary to continue it.

Speech isn't free - it costs to speak out. It costs to run this forum. If you want to exercise your right to free speech, buy your own forum.

SA: Is this the Attn: Gene thread you were referring to in the C thread?

wushu chik
04-16-2002, 01:15 PM
Gene~
I was referring to Kung Lek shutting down the thread before you said you were going to. I thought you were keeping it open for a reason thru the weekend, that's all. Didn't mean anything towards you. I was angry because Kung Lek shut it down after you said you would after the weekend. Not angry at you. Sorry if I worded it wrong!!! I was meaning no disrespect towards you. Just thought I would clear that up!!!

~Wen~

NorthernMantis
04-16-2002, 01:15 PM
Man, I remember back in the day before kung lek became a moderator. Everyone applauded his deep insight and ability to keep his cool under many situations (trolls).

Prior to the merger Steve asked everyone who should be a moderator. A lot, I really mean alot, of people voted for kung lek to step up. In a couple of months kung lek (that power hungry nut, lol, just kidding there:D ) went from hero to zero.

Just brought this up for some people to think about and have a little more sympathy. It's not easy to be in his position. We should give this alittle more though before anyone starts ripping into him.

GeneChing
04-16-2002, 05:39 PM
In fact, I don't know what I'd do with out him. And your going to step on a few toes now and again, just like in sparring. You have no idea the silliness moderators have to contend with all the time. It takes a lot of patience.

Wushu Chik - no offense taken, I was just clarifying my stance on that since I did go back on my statement that I would probably delete the thread. Once it has served it's purpose, I still might...

wushu chik
04-16-2002, 05:50 PM
Okie dokie....just wanted to make sure!!!! :)