PDA

View Full Version : Fu Jow Pai in Boston?

Lo-si
04-26-2001, 04:11 PM
I am interested in studying Tiger Style Kung Fu and I am looking for a school in the Boston area. Does anybody know of any schools. It seems like the closest I can find is in New York.

Inquisitor
04-26-2001, 08:27 PM
I have not heard of any Fu Jow Pai schools in Boston... However, that doesn't meant that there aren't any there. =) A good place to look would be your local Yellow Pages. Also, there are a few very good non-"tiger" sifu who are in the Boston area. Unless you are absolutely sure that you want to learn a Tiger style, I would suggest looking them up. One is a Tai Chi Praying Mantis school (that is Tai Chi Praying Mantis, not Tai Chi & Praying Mantis), I believe there is also a Wah Lum school there...I can't think of any more off the top of my head, but look around. Boston has a very large Chinese community.

gojumaster
04-26-2001, 08:45 PM
Isn't Yang-Jwing Ming in Boston?. He teaches Long Fist, Taiji, Crane, Chin-na, Sword, etc...

cha kuen
04-29-2001, 09:11 AM
THere is a tai mantis school in Boston. I don't think they are listed in the yellow pages yet. I think Hung Siheng just has a big board outside. haha. If you want the address, email me at

Pkduong@ucsd.edu