PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Trained WIth Any of These Teachers?

Ace
04-14-2002, 11:11 AM
Just wanted to know if any of you out there have trained with, or at least have knowledge of somone who has trained with, any of the following:

Wong Kiew Kit from Malaysia
Gary Clyman from Chicago, Illinois
Waysun Liao from Chicago, Illinois

I'd really appreciate it if you could give me some some feedback as I am cosidering getting into some training with the teachers I mentioned above. Any experiences pro or con would be of great help to me.

TaoBoxer
04-15-2002, 01:24 PM
I am so glad that I get to tell this story every few months.....

I have never met or trained with Clyman, but I did have an encounter with him prior to him being kicked off of the AOL martial arts forum.

He is a bigoted rascist who told me "the japs had to send Ju Jitsu to Brazil so they could fix it." When I called him out for using a derogitory slur, he said "japs, *****s, slopes....that's what they call eachother over there......"

I had words for the man, and afterwards I started getting threatening email from his students. One was a "world champion kickboxer" who was going to do bad things to me........ Of course they are in Chicago and I was in Texas..... so evidently their wrath only covers Cook County.

Anyway...... He's a Kook from all accounts I have read here on KFO.

Waysun Liao has been well-spoken of on this forum..... I have no personal knowledge however. Several times there have been inquiries on Tai Chi in the Chicago area, so this comes up from time to time.

Hope it helps.

Bill

MonkeySlap Too
04-15-2002, 02:01 PM
If you are in Chicago and want to play internal arts, I recommend Wai Lun Choi.