PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION: CanadianBadAss

S.Teebas
04-15-2002, 12:52 AM
Hey, i wrote this reply to you in PM but it only allows like 1000 characters sent... so here it is anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hi CBA,

So... is there some other muscle in the joint that’s turning it? Should I be able to get it just be practicing the SLT, or are the other exercises you do that help?

My sifu told me that first you dont need to worry about what is actually happening......just make sure what you are doing works. (and later when you can do it, you can look into WHY it works, then you can refine it)

In regards to moving your joint.... I try to become aware of where things are inside my body (not sure if this is going to make much sence to you yet) but usually when you arn't able to use a specific part, i find it's cause im not aware of that specific part in my mind- kind of keeping the mind in sync with the body (to direct it). This is hard to explain.

Some other important points are creating an environment that allows your joint to move freely. For example, you structure plays a big part in this. If your spine is straight this will allow your freedom of movement in your shoulder joints to increase.

Something i have found good is bringing my attention to my shoulder blades...cause movement here is required. Other wise to much tension here can upset your stance....if you are trying to deal with force. (be it redirection or whatever....)

Once I start to get the joint thing I'll be able to start enjoying training a bit more, but they way things are looking now it's not going to be any time soon... Or is like a sudden thing and all of a sudden you can do it, or does it gradually come to u?

I find it sort of comes and goes. This is a bit annoying because i can sometimes get it, but the next lesson i cant. Then maybe a week later it comes back, then i have it for maybe 2 days strong then i loose some of it. But then it comes back again! And eventually it becomes easier and easier to recognise and soon you will be able to do it and not have to think about it hardly at all! (i guess this is where the patience factor comes into play, that you always hear about in martial arts).

It can be very frustrating at times, but its a good feeling when you get it and remember back to when you found it hard, and can now do it easier. But really you will find that every time you overcome one thing, be it; trying to get your joint to free up or whatever... after you can do this, there is always somthing else to work on and overcome.