PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Dehzen

scotty1
04-15-2002, 07:12 AM
First things first - I can't believe sex and chi is still right up there at the top. Second thoughts, I can.

Anyway - David, what kind of hard qigong do you do?
What is hard qigong? Are we talking Iron body or something??

I myself do Lifting the Sky, which is a pattern from out of a book by Wong Kiew Kit and Zhan Zhuang, which is like standing meditation and the effects you described in another thread recently are much the same as my experiences.

So what do you do?

PS. I'm not expecting this to be a long thread, I'm just curious as to the definition of 'hard' qigong and exactly what you do. I don't know whether my qigong is hard or soft (ooo-err) :D

dezhen2001
04-15-2002, 07:20 AM
Hi Scotty1 :)

Hard Qigong and Soft Qigong are relative terms (at least imho anyway). Both aim to develop health, which is the most important thing, but hard qigong is used for martial arts (some call it iron shirt etc. but it is much more than that). Of course, it is balanced, we have many very physicla training methods, but also lots of meditation to settle the qi and balance.

Actually i train in both hard and soft qigong, though right now it is mainly the 'hard' variety.

Both aim to develop Jing, Qi and Shen, though have often different methods of achieving the same thing. I've seen Wong's book and it is of the 'soft' qigong variety. Both are very good of course, and have many benifits.

Actually, i'm only a newbie, only been training for 18 months. if anyone else wants to chip in, then go for it :)

cheers,
david

dezhen2001
04-15-2002, 07:23 AM
forgot to say that 'hard' and 'soft' are relative terms, not 'hard' as in difficult or 'soft' as in weak. Both can benifit you greatly :)

david

come to the chatroom http://www.kungfuonline.com/chat.html if u can, i'm there now :)

scotty1
04-15-2002, 08:50 AM
No chat I'm afraid - FIREWALLED!!!:mad:

But if you could explain Jing and Shen in relation to Qi it would be good.

Cheers, I am going home in a minute.

dezhen2001
04-15-2002, 09:18 AM
Hey Scotty,

the chat is a javascript based chatroom, so it should work? At least it does on my Uni computers (which i think are firewalled also?)

I'm sure someone with more experience in TCM and qigong can give you a better description of Jing, Qi and Shen. it should also explain it in the Wong book u have :)

c ya next time,
david