PDA

View Full Version : Distrubing

Black Jack
04-15-2002, 12:44 PM
Don't you wish you were there and had a gun to blow through that crowd of rabid sexual predators and oxygen robbers.

IMHO I have always had very little faith in my fellow man, the world sucks out there, everytime you turn on the news you see another bleep of stupidty, hatred, violence, total ignorance, feminism, and absurd pc values, deaf people that want to have deaf children, priests molesting kids and it being covered up, teenage *****s that crap out their babies and leave them in dumpsters or behind fences as in this morning, irresponsible fathers, mothers that kill their children and try and hide it behind some made up bullsh!t psychological disease, people who believe the criminal's rights is more important than the victim, who believe that the cops can really protect you and why on earth would you need to own a gun, those who think the government knows whats best for you and your kids, religous nutcases who think its ok to kill abortion doctors, I could go on for hours, hours about different subjects, and people who make me sick.

This is just another example of why most people suck.

http://www.nppa.org/bestofpj/ethics.htm

Silumkid
04-15-2002, 12:56 PM
Birds of a feather (generally) flock together.

I hear ya, Black Jack. These scum feel secure that they can get away with this because of mob mentality, alcohol or who knows what else, safety in numbers...but trash is trash.

Hopefully, some smart, emterprising D.A. will take photos like this and try to persue a case.

Too bad we didn't hear about any street justice being executed. Where are the organizations liek Neighborhood Watch or Guardian Angels when you need them? Makes you wonder what good they do at all.

:mad:

Lice
04-15-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Black Jack
deaf people that want to have deaf children

yea.. cuz deaf people aren't really human..

(edit) and that link was very disturbing. i agree with you there. *sigh*

red5angel
04-15-2002, 01:03 PM
You know what really ****es me off about this? Instead of taking pictures maybe this guy should have been doing something to stop it.

Hai_To
04-15-2002, 01:11 PM
We're victims of our own society. Nowadays no one is responsible for their actions. "The voices told me to do it." "I was caught up in the frenzy of the crowd." Etcetera. It is always someone else's fault.

Our over-burdened legal system permits people to take the easy way out. There is always some intrepid lawyer out there with a novel excuse for why their client should be found "not guilty". And the DAs have too many other cases to worry about something like this, unless it gets on the evening news and they have to save face.

People are lazy and cruel. And, as a group, we are quite possibly the stupidest creatures in existence. Individuals can be intelligent, but get a few people together and the intelligence level drops.

red5angel
04-15-2002, 01:13 PM
Hai-to, that is what I call the stupidity quotient. Each of us as human beings has a little bit of sutpidity in us, some more then others. The problem is that alone, we are only a little stupid, and that is ok. But the more people you get together, the more stupidity coagulates and begins to take control.

Black Jack
04-15-2002, 01:27 PM
Lice, maybe you should read my post a little better before you put any "extra" meaning in my writting.

I never stated deaf people were not human, I don't see that anywhere in or implied in my post, what I do see is that deaf people who because of there own amazing ignorance, homespun stupidity or jealousy, are "wanting" to have handicapped children to preserve what they think is the deaf culture.

It's been on the news countless times the last few months, deaf parents that want deaf kids, deaf parents that will not get their kids the new hearing implants which will remove there handicap, are those good parents?

No, IMHO they are trash, and now to think of it if they have the ability to help there kids hear and they choose not to because they do not want to destroy the deaf culture, then they are not human, animal feces is the better answer.

Silumkid
04-15-2002, 01:30 PM
Wanna hear something that'll really honk your horn? Get this: in a city not very far from me, a Latino family is protesting the police's use of force on one of their family members. The sister says "He was getting his life back together and started going to church..."

Here's the story from police and eyewitnesses: This lady's wonderful brother who was putting his life together and was a great churchgoing lad (that's actually my sarcastic part) was being pulled over and he decided he would rather run. He evaded police until something happened to his car, at which point he ran into an apartment complex and took a six year old boy hostage, placing a gun to his head. Police opened fire, killing the perp and saving the boy.

The family says they don't believe police did everything they could to de-escalate the situation.

My question is: WHO CARES!? Endanger a child, die. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

Tigerstyle
04-15-2002, 01:35 PM
red5angel,
LOL @ the "stupidity quotient"

"Instead of taking pictures maybe this guy should have been doing something to stop it."

I think by taking the picture, the guy was trying to do something. Maybe not stopping that incident (although seeing someone with a camera may deter some of the more intelligent idiots), but bringing awareness to possibly prevent a future occurence.

Besides, what did you expect him to do, jump on the crowd like Batman and dispense some Bat-Justice ;) ? He could injure her more in the process and still not accomplish anything. I think taking the picture was likely his best option of trying to help.

Man, people sure are stupid in groups :o

Black Jack
04-15-2002, 01:38 PM
Silumkid,

Man, I could not agree with you more, now I bet you will see them using the infamous race card, the cops are racist and so on, bla, bla, bla.

Here's a funny one, there is a guy who is trying to get dodge ball banned in school because it promotes violence, he actually has already had a few schools toss out the game, I used to love that game!!!!

Another moron and waste of oxygen, I bet he is one of those church going nutcases that thinks Halloween trick or treating should be banned because of its implications to the devil!!!!

Silumkid
04-15-2002, 01:55 PM
Dodge ball! Oh no! That is the most evil of games! How dare anyone come up with something that involves physical movement, eye/hand coordination, strategy, non-lethal aggression and other such vices of Satan! Don't even get me started on Halloween! Evil, EVIL!

Lame-oids abound, my friends.

Funny, I made a similar joke on rogue's thread about baseball...Little League no less. I'm starting to think I should have watched more "Daria" while it was on...anyone who reads a paper called "Sad, Sick World" may be on to something.

JasBourne
04-15-2002, 02:00 PM
Jeezus aitch. :eek:

That was an incredibly frightening photo. There's like a hundred of those subhumans swarming all over her like giant rabid ants.

Think I'll start carrying my gun again.

Lice
04-15-2002, 02:04 PM
Black Jack,

Maybe I jumped on ya a bit. Sorry about that. :(

Here's what I read though... deaf parents wanting to have children, even if they knew their kids would be deaf (ie, it's something hereditary). I feel that's their right.. being deaf isn't the worst thing that could happen. I'm not sure if I would want to have children if I knew they'd be deaf, but if I was deaf I'd probably have a better idea of what that type of life is like.

Now, apparently you meant deaf parents with deaf children(already born) that are going out of their way to ensure that their children stay deaf instead of treating it. That is their choice also, but not one I agree with. If their child is old enough, I hope they at least asked their kid if they wanted it... but kids don't always know what's best for them. I didn't realize that this was news recently, because I just quit keeping up with the news.

Bad things like all the stuff in your post are not new. Not by a long shot. This type of violence has existed forever. The only difference now, is we get it downloaded into our brain from all over the world. Centuries ago, kids still killed each other, men still raped women and wars were abound. Again, the only difference is you only heard what was in your immediate region for the most part.

That's just my uneducated guess. Sorry for the rant.. avoiding work. :)

Again, sorry if I jumped on ya like that BJ.

JWTAYLOR
04-15-2002, 02:05 PM
Amen brother.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there's nothing wrong with these people that I can't fix with my two hands.

Oh hell, that reminds me of my Friday night.
I was happy asleep in my bed around midnight. My dog starts barking like crazy at the foot of the bed. I wake up (my wife doesn't :rolleyes: ) and I can kind of hear what sounds like a woman talking outside. I put on my pants, my flashlight, knife and pistol, and tuck them in my pants and head downstairs.

Anyway, once I'm downstairs I can't hear anything, but my dog, Clyde is barking like crazy and pulling on the leash. So I keep walking and I slowly start hearing the sound of a woman crying and yelling. She's yelling "HELP".

Let the leash go, pistol out, safety on, JWT running behind weiner dog (who, BTW, outran me, pretty impressive seeing as he has a 1 inch femur).

What I found was bad, but not as bad as it could have been.

This 17 year old girl had said "no" to her boyfriend while they were in his car. He obviously disagreed with her refusal so he pushed her out of the car, driving off, over her foot. Her foot was obvisouly broken and her ankle was seriously fu(ked up. She was litterally laying in a ditch, on the side of the road, (wearing next to nothing) screaming for help.

I tucked the pistol back in my pants and calmed her down as much as possible, she was pretty hysterical. She had apparently been out there a while and had gotten worried she would be out there all night. And she very likely would have. People had driven by, but she was so far away from the road and in the ditch that no one had seen her, and there weren't any houses around other than mine to hear her. (I wouldn't have heard her exept for the weiner dog.) I picked her up in my arms, the girl felt like she weighed all of 80 pounds. I was walking her back to my car to take her to the hospital when a friend of her's drove by and we took the girl to her mother's house where they then took her to the hospital.

I found out the boy's name, called a deputy that's a friend of mine who promised me to "look into it" and the next day I went over to her house to make sure she was ok. She was. As far as the boy goes, he'll be charged with attempted rape, failure to render aid, and assult with a deadly weapon.

So, yet again, weiner dog saves the day.

JWT

Tigerstyle
04-15-2002, 02:16 PM
red5,
My Batman statement was meant half jokingly, but I take that back. Batman is for real and he live in Texas :eek: !

If you're ever in Texas and you hear someone cry for help, maybe you can make out the silhouette of a man swinging to the rescue, being led by a trusty hot-dog shaped sidekick :p

You're the man, JWT!

Black Jack
04-15-2002, 02:28 PM
JWT,

I wish, oh how I wish, you would of been walking your dog and encountered the accident while it was happening, given that punk scumbag a little texas street justice.

Lice,

No problem bro, I do disagree that deaf parents should consider having deaf children by choice, I think it is cruel, their is always adoption, but thats just my personal viewpoint, but it is there right to do so, but you were right I disagree even more with deaf parents who want to keep there kids deaf.

I feel those parents have there heads shoved far up each others asses, maybe its the anal vapors that makes them so braindead.

I wonder if parents with a blind child would feel the same way.

red5angel
04-15-2002, 02:28 PM
I am not going to say what I believe in the whole deaf people having children except to play Devils Advocate - Do you think that if they had the choice, those deaf people would have wanted to be born deaf?

Black Jack
04-15-2002, 02:30 PM
red5angel;)

Exactly!

GreyMystik
04-15-2002, 02:32 PM
your dog rulez JWT

red_fists
04-15-2002, 02:34 PM
That is a disturbing Picture.

But at the same time, that is what happen when plenty of People get together.
We had similar events over here in Japan.

And the People doing it, are your normal everyday Citizens gone out of Control.
And, yes, it could me or you in there as well.
All this talk like I won't do anything like that or I would stop them is plain Bull.

I still like the old saying:
"Moden Civilization is only 24 hours away from toal Chaos & Collapse."
So true.

JWTAYLOR
04-15-2002, 02:35 PM
My wife has made him a little cape that is help up by wire and is attached to his collar. It has a big "BD" for "Bullet Dog", Clyde's alter ego, on it.

JWT

red5angel
04-15-2002, 02:41 PM
Red_Fist, you may not have the control to remove your self from a situation like this, much less try to stop it, however do not presume that we all follow the same template, I have stopped two groups personally from doing things they shouldnt have to people, I will always do it if I can.

Black Jack - I understand what you are saying. I understand what others are saying as well. My second question would be, does a person who has no job, cannot hold one, and has a drug habit, have the right to have children?

Black Jack
04-15-2002, 02:48 PM
Red5Angel,

My honest answer to that question is no. I don't believe with those listed credits that she should be allowed to own a pet let alone have children, but again American is a welfare state, your poor get a car on my dollars, your poor get free education on my dollars, your poor get free boarding on my dollars, the more kids you got the more perks you seem to get.

I am all for helping people out but to that specific question.....no f'in way.

Red Fists-Don't put me in there with your idea of what people will and will not do, if you want to fit in with that category, then be my guest, from what you wrote I guess its ok to grab and abuse young women that want to go out and have a good time, that is, as long as its in a crowd.

Royal Dragon
My fantasy of running away to the mountains and living a primitive caveman existence are starting to NOT look so crazy after all............................................... .........................

red_fists
R5A.

My Hat off to you.

The Guys that tried to stop them doing the same thing out here got nearly killed.
But than the group in Japan was about 20~30 big and 3~4 Guys tried to do something.

From my experience once a group like that is really fired up, they will do ANYTHING to keep going and that might include killing someone.

Personally, I won't be in that situation as
I won't be there.
Hate large Crowds and noisy places.

red5angel
04-15-2002, 02:55 PM
Red_fist, it is dangerous to try and stop these things. I was beat pretty good the second time but they stopped long enough for this poor gay high school kid to get away. The first, well, they stopped when they saw I was very serious and so was she.
I myself would never be a part of a thing like that, this I know in my heart.
Also the reason I do martial arts. So I can defend those who need it when necessary. I am not a policeman and I am no longer in the military, but I am a member of my society, and as much as calling the cops, or taking people to court may be the 'right' way of doing things in a law abiding society, I believe that sometimes the police are not fast enough, the courtrooms dont always make the best decisions and the law is not always for the good guy.
Vigilanteism? Maybe, but I dont care, I am risking my life to save someone who is getting hurt then whats the problem. I dont go out looking for it, and I dont go to pass judgement on those who have been accused.
But you can sure bet if I am standing there and someone needs help, like in this situation, I am sure as hell going to do something, anything, that I can to get them out of that situation.

dezhen2001
04-15-2002, 03:01 PM
good posts guys - missed it by going to have dinner :(
I was feeling really bad earlier about stuff that's happening in my life right now (must have done some real bad things in a previous life to get this much bad karma!), but you guys (especially JWT's dog story) cheered me up a heck of a lot. Society doesn't ALL su(k after all! :)

david

red_fists
04-15-2002, 04:10 PM
R5A.

I understand what you are saying, but it doesn't apply the avreage Joe that gets caught in a Mob Mentality.
Which is often helped a long by drugs & alcohol.

Or do a Situation in which you feel very strongly about.
What I am saying is that everybody has a point where the will go strange and do stupid things.

I am always asking myself where my line is.
Would I step in to stop a Child Molester or a Rapist being beaten up if I knew what they had done.

As for the Scene in Japan. Most people less than 2 meters away from where the rapes took place didn't even know aout them until the read the Papers. It took Poilce and Security Guards 3 minutes to make their way through the Mosh-Pit.
Plu,s from the description in the Papers this Pic could have been taken there.
Peace.

Tae Li
04-15-2002, 04:21 PM
Indeed what a disturbing picture, and I appaude all those who will never ever take part in such a horrendous act of sexual abuse. :(

It is a genuine concern to think that something like this would take part in public, by a number of people, some of whom must have the coomonsense to know that this is a simple act of human rights abuse...although the photographer took the picture and didnt neccessarily stop the men from doing waht they were doing, its a good thing the image was taken, to prove to society that this sort of disgusting and immoral behaviour still takes place.

And Red-Fist your quote below is beyond accurate. Such truth. But such a pity.

Originally posted by red_fists

"Moden Civilization is only 24 hours away from toal Chaos & Collapse."
So true. [/B]

Tae Li;)

joedoe
04-15-2002, 04:27 PM
That picture is so fu(ked up. Makes you embarrassed to be a human being when you see things like that.

Budokan
04-15-2002, 04:29 PM
Aw, JWT ain't so much. It's his weiner dog that saved the day.:) That weiner dog makes Krypto and Bat-Hound look like a second-rate chumps.

Glad to hear that piece of mule puke who tried to rape that girl is gonna get what's due him, too.

And as for me...if I ever get into trouble I'm gonna take a page from my fellow man and try to dodge the responsibility. My alibi?

"KFO made me dood it!":D

Serpent
04-15-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by joedoe
That picture is so fu(ked up. Makes you embarrassed to be a human being when you see things like that.

D@mn straight. I wanna be a weiner dog.

JWT, you gotta post a pic of Clyde with his cape on!

Ryu
04-15-2002, 09:56 PM
First off Jas, while a gun is a great equalizer, sometimes it can't even be used in a blitz of people like that... You need space and freedom of your hands to use it. :(
Everyone probably knows already how disgusted I am at this...

But instead of just throwing that disgust out, I wanted to say something I thought was very important.

Look how everyone on this forum just banned together and shared the utter disgust and anger at this picture. Look at how everyone comes together and agrees that such a thing should be stopped at all costs, the victimes protected, etc.
It may sound corny, but I've never been happier to be a part of your forum. You guys and gals really show me that there are good hearted heroic people out there who want nothing more than to see this type of thing stopped for good.
The way to do that might be difficult of course. But I've said it before and I've said it again. Watch what you do. Be aware of yourself. If any of you like getting drunk...maybe stop doing it for a while. When you see a film or something that glamorizes this behavior don't pay for it. Try to cultivate those feelings of protecting and compassion in your daily lives with little things as well. Don't mean to sound preachy, but I think the little things you do in life effect these kinds of things. If people would not get so terribly wasted at these huge gatherings, or flash people, or lose control of their judgment, etc. These things might be able to be controlled better. Imagine for a minute if all the people in that photo had refused to drink more than 2 or 3 beers.... what would have happened? Would it be different? I don't want to be misunderstood, I am not saying anything to the extreme (bring back prohibition or anything ridiculous like that..) I'm just saying people need to moderate themselves a bit more..
losing control should be seen as pathetic and sad...not fun.
:(
anyway..... back to the original topic. It's truly refreshing to see you guys caring as much as you do. It's with that kind of caring and righteous anger that will get things moving. Always strive to make a difference.
Sorry for the corny post.... just that I think the people on this thread are truly ethical and decent people who demonstrate what is good about humanity even when evil circulates through it.

Ryu

red_fists
04-15-2002, 10:09 PM
To the Critics of my previous Posts.

You say you will NEVER take part in situations like that.

Think again. It might be that you have never heard about "The Wave".

"The Wave" was an experiment done in a High School in Palo Alto in April of 1967 and showed a horrific reality of what can be.

I was lucky enough to see the Movie when I was in School, and besides "Bahnhof Zoo" I think it was the most disturbing Movie ever saw.

For more Info see:
The Wave (http://www.geocities.com/Broadway/3145/wave.html)

Peace.

Ryu
04-15-2002, 10:12 PM
I uh.........

I think I'll look at that link later. :)
It's late, and I want to lift some weights and not feel to peeved tonight. :D

You guys don't understand! :D If I see something that makes me angry (usually something unjust, or perverse or just outright cruel, disprespectful, etc.) I can stay angry the whole damm night. :D

I'll save my anger explosion for tomorrow. :cool:

Ryu

red_fists
04-15-2002, 11:15 PM
Hi All.

Just a small note.

The Movie "Bahnhof Zoo"*** is called "Christiane F." in the english release.

A Compulsory movie for all Students back home.
Like " The Wave" it is based on real events and real people.

peace

Full Title " Wir Kinder from Bahnhof Zoo".

wushu chik
04-15-2002, 11:26 PM
Yeah, Red_Fists i would say that is disturbing. I just read thru this post, and all I have to say is that picture was very true to nature. You get a bunch of people together like that, drinking and having a good ol' time, something going to happen. 100 things can happen, and 99 of them are bad! I can't say anything else than what's already been said. I feel very sorry for her, and I hope that because of this picture....with all the FACES on it...they can somehow make some arrests...if they already haven't!

~Wen~

Mr Punch
04-16-2002, 02:26 AM
Jeezus BJ, you live in a world of **** bro. Don't you ever find sites with day-saving weiners on 'em?

I know you think we Europeans are ***gots for 'throwing away our gun rights' but I've never felt I've needed a gun in the UK. I've seen a couple of things like this in the press happening in the States like that Woodstock revival crap, and frankly, you can keep it. To paraphrase yourself, wouldn't mind visiting, but pardon me if I don't want to live there.

These people are scum. Red Fists: you're wrong. I wouldn't do it. And yes, I've been in a crowd violence situation.

Red5, that's one of the reasons I train hard. Sometimes you gotta help people who can't help themselves.

I strongly believe: "if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem". Of course, sometimes, identifying the problem is sometimes a problem, but not in bull**** cases like this.

straight blast
04-16-2002, 03:13 AM
When you see a film or something that glamorizes this behavior don't pay for it.

I was watching WWF the other night (yes I do like it) and I watched in horror as two very big men smashed a girl headfirst through a table just because she was an easy target for their anger.

That crap sickens me. Especially in a crowd of several tens of thousands of young, dumb males. I no longer watch either of those wrestlers and if I thought it would actually make a difference I'd write in and complain. The stupidity factor is only encouraged by doing this sh!t in a large crowd.

scotty1
04-16-2002, 03:15 AM
Yeah, that picture makes me feel sick and angry/violent.

On a lighter note, I'm glad I'm not a Texas burglar, so I can never try to do JWT's house! :) Sh.it man, knife, pistol and weiner dog.

All of the people with their faces in that picture should be prosecuted, with the aid of eyewitnesses.

HongKongPhooey
04-16-2002, 04:04 AM
Dog good, human bad!! :D

A phrase that comes to mind is, "A person is intellegent but people are stupid"

Sad but true.

red5angel
04-16-2002, 06:13 AM
Red_Fist, I dispute you to a certain point. Allow me to explain....
I will not ever participate in an act of inhuman, and uncalled for violence like we see in this picture. There is absolutely no reason for this EVER.
Could I get angry and join a mob? Possibly, but I tend to think for myself, even in group situations. If it is something I feel strongly about, maybe, but the chances are slim, and I know myself enough to say that uncalled for violence would not be a part of my actions and I would not allow it to happen around me.
You can convince anyone of a reality if you try hard enough, what I am talking about is this sort of random brutal behaviour by large crowds. In High School a few freinds and I were notorious for breaking up fights that were uneven. I dont mind if two guys want to duke it out, but if one guy is just trying to get home and 3 others dont want to let him, not acceptable in my world.
Ultimately, I know what I am and am not capable of, and I believe most of us are capable of restraining ourselves, it is a question of if you want to. If you are in a situation like this picture, then you will know in your heart whether you would participate in something like this.

red_fists
04-16-2002, 06:21 AM
Like I said.

All the more Power to you.

You must belong to the lucky 1 or 2% percent that seem to be the exception.

There have been many studies and unfortunately the results were contrary to what you are saying.

I don't know how I will react in any situation UNTIL I have been there, maybe you do?

Peace.

David Jamieson
04-16-2002, 06:27 AM
The more time you spend looking at what's going on around you instead of working with what's going on within you is time that is not spent as productively imho.

No one here, or anywhere for that matter can "change" anyone but themselves.

Example is the best way to extend your views to others.
Live in your environment as you would live.

We all wanna change the world Black Jack, but we often times contribute to further misery by casting judgement without considering extenuating circumstance or the position of those we would judge.

I do it myself, I can't think of anyone who does not judge others upon a perception they have. Perception is not reality after all.

Humanity is complicated and to be sure has commited foul acts over and over again. But to make right the world you live in is to make right yourself and to attempt to widen your perception.

Every single person on this earth including the lowest of the low as they would be called has value and a lesson for everyone else.

Recognizing a problem is the smallest step in fixing the problem.

peace

red5angel
04-16-2002, 06:47 AM
Red_Fist, thanks for the link, very informative and very interesting. I will however say this, as much as a good portion of the population is still capable of exhibiting this behaviour, you must keep in mind that these were also high school kids. Human beings who are in a phase in thier life where they are desperately trying to fit in and be a part of something larger. As we grow, the percentage of people who tend to think for themselves increases slightly.

KC Elbows
04-16-2002, 08:10 AM
Interesting read(The Wave article).

I would like to say this.

Taking part in such a group ritual, and taking part in a group assault, are two different matters. Even in nazi germany. Granted, all supporters of Hitler were guilty of some complicity, but not all of them took part so directly in the actions. Some provided money, some free labor, most turned a blind eye to the dark side of their organization.. However, it was most likely a much smaller number of the supporters who actually provided muscle for the organization.

Again, in the picture at the start of this thread, the mob was so large that many could not have seen what was happening to the women. Yet their presence contributed to her predicament.

By stating that one MIGHT be able take part in a mob, one also admits to the possibility that they could help create the same conditions that made that woman's assault possible. Therefore, you can contribute to the assault without knowing about it.

These sorts of weird closed social groups are a mess. The first martial art I was in was EXACTLY the way the Third Wave group was conducted, except it was not an experiment, and it did not end. There was the rituals. Whenever anyone entered the room, you bow. When they left the room, you bowed. When they came back in the room because they were only leaving to get their wallet, you bowed. You sat and heard lectures on community. You were told that those who left were "no-mind" and needed to clear their thoughts before they could learn anything. Criticism of the organization was unheard of, the lower belts were considered the "children" of the higher belts in only the most condascending way. You were told that those who followed their "way" were stronger, better human beings than any other.

Then, one day, your buddy who's taken 6 months of kung fu slaps you around like the b1tch that you are, and you have enough.

My experience with that group led me to believe that the level of complicity is not even across the boards. In that group, there were a small number who actually served as the "muscle", although they were there moreso to lend the style an air of credibility as a martial art. Then, there were the business owner guys, who were good with the money. Then, there were those who payed everything they had for the dubious honor of learning a form or two of the bankrupt system. Then there were those who did tons of free labor for the group. All contributing, but not all doing the really ugly side of it.

So, before we get all high and mighty about not being the guys holding down that poor women, lets make sure we're never the crowd on the other side that can't see what's happening, but is actually keeping everything pinned nicely in place so that the carnage can continue.

[END RANT HERE]

red5angel
04-16-2002, 08:39 AM
KC, your story makes several good points in relation to this thread. I do not however get your point at the end? Those people are sometimes there by happenstance. In this case probably bourbon street during Mardi Gras, the street is wall to wall people. Nothing wrong with being packed in as a crowd, I believe the wrongness comes in that some people will watch these things go down, feel wrong about it, but will do nothing because of the average persons complacency or self-serving interest.
Its often pointed out that it is hard to do something about these situations. Sometimes you may get hurt. IMHO someone is already getting hurt, and I might be able to do something about it. If I do something then maybe someone else will do something....... I feel the need to take responsibility for the civilization I am a part of. Too many times I see people gettiung hurt or in danger right out in the open.
Its cliche but how many of you have seen at some point in your life someone getting beat up while others just stand around and watch?

Radhnoti
04-16-2002, 08:39 AM
Things I've learned from this thread:

1. Weiner dogs are cool.

2. Psychological experiments always seem to show the darkest side of humanity, but weiner dogs always come out like pure gold.

3. If you hear a noise outside grab a gun, knife and the nearest weiner dog.

4. If you go to Mardi Gras (especially if you're female) take a gun, knife and the nearest weiner dog.

5. Ryu is kind of weiner dog-like in his pursuit of justice and truth.

6. JWT is a hero...with a little help from...well, you know.

:)

Black Jack
04-16-2002, 08:40 AM
Calling the engilsh ***gots is not something I would ever say, calling you very foolish is though, the massive rise in crime over there is a good indication as to why.

I would love to visit England, I have been to Ireland but not England as of yet, it would be a pleasure, but for me pesonally I would not live their because of stated reasons of what I believe to be missing freedoms, but its still one of the greatest countries on earth, either way you look at it.:)

red5angel
04-16-2002, 08:44 AM
just my 2 cents on the whole guns vs not guns. My parents are english but I am American so have a perspective on both.
I dont think it ultimately makes a difference. Guns is just another way to kill someone. If you are going to kill someone you are going to do it regardless of the tool. It might be said that atleast with a knife you ahve the chance to defend yourself, but with guns they can act as a great deterance!

KC Elbows
04-16-2002, 08:59 AM
Red5,
What I was getting at, but apparently lost track of in ranting, is that experiments like the wave don't suggest that group dynamics can turn people into sexual assaulters, but instead can create a dynamic that supports and shelters those thugs.

I wasn't referring to people caught in the fray of a mob, but to the people who take part in the mob, weren't doing the sexual assault, but were doing other stupid mob activities for the hell of it. They contribute to this sort of cr@p.

When the Bulls won their first championship with Michael Jordan, an associate and his wife went out to the post game activities on the street. They were part of the crowd that tipped over a cop car and were jumping off of the front end while the rest of the crowd flipped down the back end. Well, his wife decided to jump off, and fell onto her head and into a brief coma. The family was p1ssed at the police for not breaking it up, but I thought it was her own **** fault, and her husband's.

Not all the idiots helping the mob along would know that the assault happened, but all of them actively taking part were putting other people's safety in danger for a cheap thrill.

Unfortunately, these same idiots probably don't take part in much sparring, or they would have already fulfilled their cheap thrill quota for the year. If I want to risk getting hit with a baton, I'd just as soon do it in class and learn something more than how stupid riot parties are.

fa_jing
04-16-2002, 09:53 AM
I hear about these assaults/rapes all the time - rock concerts, mardi gras, puerto rican day parade, etc. I think complacency is what we can change. One could start by not engaging in male banter. It's true that many men have a mob mentality even if they don't realize it. Now, if I was female, I would absolutely carry a gun, and avoid these types of gatherings. But, I think an appropriate response to this kind of sexual assault could include the use of snipers with rubber bullets, etc. If society deteriorates significantly, we may find ourselves in a situation where mob-controlling measures need to be evaluated. Personally, I think any gathering where assaults are taking place needs to be immediately dispersed using any non-deadly means necessary -tear gas, whatever. Even those who aren't direct perpetrators need to be conditioned to prevent these things from happening.
A very disturbing photo. Too many people basically following Satan, following an ideal of bacchanialian behavior. The presence and participation of others somehow dilutes their guilt, in their minds.

-FJ

Ryu
04-16-2002, 12:41 PM
Wow, thanks Radhnoti!! :D (You just can't get a compliment higher then that)

Ryu

JWTAYLOR
04-16-2002, 01:13 PM
2. Psychological experiments always seem to show the darkest side of humanity, but weiner dogs always come out like pure gold.

More true words have never been spoken.

Some shots of the bullet dog.

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b302185e6528

JWT

Sharky
04-16-2002, 01:24 PM
in a twisted way, the " Let the leash go, pistol out, safety on, JWT running behind weiner dog" quote made this whole thread worthwhile.

i wish i could buy my sister and mother guns.

JWTAYLOR
04-16-2002, 01:29 PM
In the words of my father, God rest his soul, "I've never loved a woman enough to give her a gun."

JWT

diego
04-16-2002, 01:39 PM
JWT, :D What is your boy humping in that picture, is that bigbird... i love and i hate dogs, thier so cute and intelligent but they can act so stupid:D

DelicateSound
04-16-2002, 01:44 PM
F*ck buying an illegal firearm - I'm buying a Weiner Dog!!!!

Nice story JWT, Earth needs more people like you, and more dogs like...... what's his name BTW?

joedoe
04-16-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Black Jack
Calling the engilsh ***gots is not something I would ever say, calling you very foolish is though, the massive rise in crime over there is a good indication as to why.

I would love to visit England, I have been to Ireland but not England as of yet, it would be a pleasure, but for me pesonally I would not live their because of stated reasons of what I believe to be missing freedoms, but its still one of the greatest countries on earth, either way you look at it.:)

It's funny - having grown up in a country where guns are not commonplace, I do not see it as a lack of freedom that gun ownership is restricted. Yes some criminals have them and they use them. However the incidence of that is pretty low here and in general I do not feel that I need to own a gun to ensure my personal safety.

In fact, I think that I would feel less safe if gun ownership were more freely available here.

diego
04-16-2002, 04:55 PM
i live in vancouver canada, its pretty peacefull, but thiers a strong immigrant community, so you get younger groups of criminals, and most these guys guns for the lower ranked criminals, comes from B&E's, and then your getting armed robbery of local stores, in nieghbourhoods where the garbage wouldnt have guns, so they just steal cars and break into houses, then they find someones, registered gun, then they start robbing local smalltime dealers, then they start dealing and using, then more guys coime up like them, they the original gets robbed, and he becomes a crackhead, and with his gun starts robbing stores to fuel the habit he started when he was dealing, now hes highly criminal and strungout, all becuase of gunlaws?. True story happenned to my lil brothers principals son, and my bro goes to a nice school?!/

red_fists
04-16-2002, 05:04 PM
I have lived in 3 Countries and each had a different level of gun Control.:

Japan:
Strictest, feel safe walking at night, same for Wife.

South Africa:
Any Idiot can bassically get a Gun.
High Crime and Violence rate, not neccassarily related.

My Home Country:
Gun owner licence for Home defense are given out easily. No carrying of gun in the street.

Gun carrying licences, very difficult to obtain, gun needs to be carried openly.
Training course needs to be completed BEFORE applying for Licence.

All hidden weapons are forbidden by law.
Many forms of Guns are illegal.
Compulsory Military Service for Citizens.
Feel safe even when I see someone carrying a Gun.
Feels as safe as Japan.

Peace.

Ryu
04-16-2002, 05:07 PM
Hey Red,
can you carry knives in Japan? I can't even remember. What are the requirements, blade length, type, etc.?

Ryu

red_fists
04-16-2002, 05:19 PM
Hi Ryu

Bassically no carrying of Knifes in the street.

You can own as many as you want but no carrying.

Serpent
04-16-2002, 09:50 PM
Hey JWT, I've seen the Puppy Bong pics before! I wanna see him in his Super Cape! ;)

JWTAYLOR
04-17-2002, 06:13 AM
Delicate Sound, his name is Clyde. He is, after all, a Southern son.

Serpent, actually, I had a little fun this morning. I put his cape on and put him on the table. Then, I put some pillows down on the floor and grabbed a ball. I threw the ball and snapped a photo of him while he jumped. I'm hoping it looks like he was flying. We shall see.

Oh, then I held my wife down while Clyde licked her face with a furious vengence. Great way to wake her up :D

JWT

Serpent
04-17-2002, 08:31 PM
Keep us up to date! I hope that pic comes out. Your dog is fast becoming the biggest star of this forum! ;)