PDA

View Full Version : Stretchs for internal rotation

barryc108
04-15-2002, 06:50 PM
Does anybody know any stretches for internally rotating the leg as in YGKYM? My heel only goes slightly outside the line of the foot. I need to get my foot to 45 degrees or so, other wise no kim sut.
Thanks

anerlich
04-16-2002, 05:12 AM
Try the "shin box":

sit on the floor. bend your right leg and place your right foot close to your groin, so the lateral aspect (outside) of the right knee points at the ground. Bend the left leg and place the medial aspect of the left foot next to the left hip on the outside of the left buttock. The medial (inner) side of the left knee is on the floor. Try to sit and sink the body so that the back is straight and both buttocks are on the floor. This works on the ROM of internal rotation of the left hip.

Or "hurdler's stretch" - generally regarded as bad for the knee, but be careful and you shouldn't have a problem.

Lie on stomach, knees bent, shins pointing vertically back. Allow legs to rotate inwards so heels move away from each other.and towards the floor. Relax and try to let them fall further outward.

Same. but actviely move one leg at a time through full ROM both ways.

Wear ski boot, roller blade, or heavy shoe on one foot. Stand with other foot on stair. with shoed foot hanging free. Roate hanging foot full ROM in both directions.

OR

Take up TWC. We use a stance with feet parallel.

Sandman2[Wing Chun]
04-16-2002, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by anerlich
OR

Take up TWC. We use a stance with feet parallel.

Oh now that's a shameless plug if ever there was one. :D

barryc108
04-16-2002, 03:42 PM
Thanks anerlich, i will give them all a go......except maybe the TWC part.......lol