PDA

View Full Version : Any info on Kung-Fu San-Soo

diego
04-17-2002, 12:35 AM
I know the general history, and have a list of thier fighting techniques.
i'm curious what influenced the original style, and i have some questions on thier basics, such as how does the windmill block work, in all it's ranges?
Thanks

SanSoo Student
04-27-2002, 11:18 PM
The downword windmill block is suppose to be circular motion and when it is in circular motion, it is suppose to protect the temple, side of the ribs, and groin hits.
And it is not really a block, it is a strike, remember every blcok is a hit in sansoo, the only blcok in sansoo would be a push. And the range for the downward windmill is close to the body, and it is closed fist. Do not get it confused with the downward cross-strike, or open hand upward strike, also usually the downward circular strike hits punches with the radil bone in the wrist.

diego
04-30-2002, 09:51 PM
Would you give me a basic description about the whindmill and its two variations when doing Form?. Also in the techniques i was sent through text, it describes vs a left punch, one of them reads step forward with your left and left uppward whindmill, then step forward with your right foot and do another left upwardwhindmill to his left arm agian, Then follow up. How does that work?, and usually in form when doing the whindmills, what stances usually are used, and when stepping into a lead front stance and doing lead whindmills where would the lead hand start and finish!, When doing form?. Also do they work using left hand in a right front stance?.
-
Also would you tell me about the stances? Wieghtage in SanSoo,
Thank You!.

MIKSANSOO
05-02-2002, 03:19 PM
when doing an upwindmill blk you are stepping forward into a sidehorse. you were explaining to different blocks. when step with the rt and blocking with the left upwindmill you are blocking away from the face. when steping with the lft. and blking w/ the lt, its more of a cross block away from your face.