PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Boxing - Leicester

popsider
03-19-2001, 12:49 PM
Does anyone know anything about the Chinese Boxing Association in Leicester(shire) UK. They used to have a club down near Filbert Street and I attended a couple of lessons there a few years back. Unfortunately I injured my arm playing soccer and never went back. They used a black tiger as a logo/badge and did used to have a connection with a hong kong organisation - I saw a post about Black Tiger in the UK and wondered if perhaps that is what they were doing. The atmosphere there was very friendly, open and conducive to very hard (in my eyes!) training. I wonder if they are still going?

alecM
03-19-2001, 10:21 PM
It might help if you can remember the sifu’s name. The only instructors I know from Leicester are sifu Dave Hawkins who did Wah Lum and now practises Choy Lee Fut my sifu, and sifu Derek Fearson (Wing Chun & 7 Star Mantis).

Saying is not boasting at all

popsider
03-20-2001, 01:02 PM
No I can't remember the sifus name. However I just tried a google search for "leicester chinese boxing association" and it came up with an entry.

I only really brought the topic up because of the previous thread about black tiger styles in the UK - I train in Tai Chi and wing chun which is more than enough to be getting on with.