PDA

View Full Version : 2 way force...etc..

S.Teebas
04-18-2002, 06:12 AM
How many vectors of force are avaliable to be used in the human body? In CK form it emphasise 2 way force, so theres body rotation and joint rotation in shoulder for example. and there is also the addition on elbow rotation and wrist , but how about the joints in the fingers?...can they be used to generate force or are they to fragile to generate force...or would they still add force?.. Can each joint add force vextors to increase the load on the opponent?

Im sure that 4 way force is avaliable, but can there be up to seven?...or would you not need to worry about going further than 4, as most people would not know how to counter/deal with attack from so many angles at once?

yuanfen
04-18-2002, 06:36 AM
Can each joint add force vextors to increase the load on the opponent?
--------------------------------------------------------------
of course

S.Teebas
04-18-2002, 06:53 AM
Thanks for the reply.

..even the finger joints?

Peter Aarts
04-18-2002, 07:00 AM
4 way force : ordinary WC punch: back, shoulder, elbow, wrist

7 way force : mainly in Biu Tze : plus 3 finger joints

Peter

yuanfen
04-18-2002, 08:21 AM
Yes Teebas- even the finger joints.... but it takes time to learn all that.

dzu
04-18-2002, 11:49 AM
Teebas,

I use a slightly different definition of vector force.

If I remember back to my basic mathematics/physics courses, a vector has both direction and magnitude. For example, if I tell you I am driving at 55 mph, that is not a vector because you don't know what direction I am going. However, if I tell you I am driving north at 55 mph, then you know my direction (north) and my magnitude (55mph).

To bring this back to WCK, I like to think that any and all pressure that I receive on my bridges are vectors: they have a magnitude (heavy, medium, light pressure) and a direction (forward and slightly down, forward and to the right, etc.), which is described by 3 dimensions, X, Y, and Z. I align my structure in 3 dimensions to create another vector originating at the ground to neturalize what I feel on my bridge. Obviously this is done through touch and feel rather than mental analysis.

When I apply my vector force to neutralize what I feel at the contact point, I can use as many joints as needed to direct it up from the ground. Economically speaking, my legs, glutes, and back are the strongest parts of my body. My resultant vector force is a combination of every part of my body involved in the chain.

Dzu

PS The 'ordinary WC punch' uses more than just the back, shoulder, elbow, and wrist!

anerlich
04-18-2002, 01:10 PM
The grip is extremely strong. Claw techniques can do a LOT of damage to soft areas.

So the answer is yes.

S.Teebas
04-18-2002, 04:53 PM
Some interesting replys. Especially Dzu, thats some good information to think about! I have a question though, you said this:

I can use as many joints as needed to direct it up from the ground.

What do you mean by this exactly? what do you direct up?...the other persons force so you can ground it??

dzu
04-19-2002, 11:31 AM
Teebas,

What I'm 'directing up' is the force from the ground. When we receive force, our feet press against the ground and the ground presses back against our feet. The stronger the force we receive the more we align our body so that this counter force from the ground is directed and guided by our structure. This is why when you press someone with a good root they feel like a wall or immoveable object. They aren't holding you up with their muscles and clamping knees, but aligning themselves so that you are in effect pushing against the ground!

Dzu

CanadianBadAss
04-19-2002, 02:24 PM
I can't picture how the fingers could be used as another vector. Unless you want to flap them up and down, but even so, they're too light make any diffrence. I think all they do is add a bit of weight for the mechanical power of the wrists.

dzu
04-19-2002, 03:05 PM
I can't picture how the fingers could be used as another vector. Unless you want to flap them up and down, but even so, they're too light make any diffrence. I think all they do is add a bit of weight for the mechanical power of the wrists.

The energy travels to the fingertips but can be guided by the joints along the path. Application will determine what needs to be used, but I like to think of the fingers as a cross hairs of sort.
As the saying goes, Biu Jee points the way!

Dzu