PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when someone is rude to you and makes you angry....

Sharky
04-18-2002, 06:28 AM
but you can't do anything about it cos if you do: you prove them right or it's just not worth talking to them cos they will NEVER learn and will always have those views, or will always be a fu.cker?

i can't stand just letting it go when someone is rude to me for no reason, but are in a position of authority, like police givin me hassle, like the residency association at uni saying having insects and ants is my fault and " they didn't put them there ", just people that feel like they are better than you. It's hard not to goto the other extreme and want the same things to hapen to them, or to treat them like that - but you need them/they are in a position of authority.

I just can't stand it and am about to pop.

dezhen2001
04-18-2002, 06:31 AM
d@mn man, i hate that as well... same kinda thing is happening to me :( It's hard to keep it all inside. do u have a punchbag or something? u can take it out on that pretty well...

wassup? :)

david

Hai_To
04-18-2002, 06:37 AM
When something like that happens, just ignore them. People like that really aren't worth your time. Do I get annoyed or angry with such people? Sometimes I do, but I let it go. Its really not worth the ulcer you'll get by stewing over it.

jon
04-18-2002, 06:53 AM
Sharky
Mate i know how you feel, i have just ended a three year relationship tonight...:(
Oh dont worry to much, it wasnt mine. Just she was cute and i was drunk. Still her boyfriend was a good mate ill miss him.

Pick fights with people smaller and weaker than yourself for NO reason.

Go to the supermarket and smack OTHER peoples children for being 'naughty'.

When driving along stop randomly and ask people for directions, then just as there about to tell you... drive off.

Catch public transport in peak hour, sit next to an old person then stare at them and drool.

Go around at night changing traffic sights, especialy stop signs.

Get some of that old white dog crap from your neighbours yard, crush it up and put it in a satchel. Go to the seedest part of town and sell it for fifty bucks. Just tell them, its GOOD sh!t!

Walk around department stores pretending to be a store detective and talking into an imaginary ear piece in your coller. Then slowly become more and more rediculous untill your talking into your shoe ala Maxwell Smart.

Stop people in the street to ask them if they would like to hear about satan. He can save your soul!

Walk into Mcdonalds and act nuts... Go right to the centre then at the top of your voice start screaming...
HEY I WANNA SEE THE MANAGER, I WANNA SEE RONALD! COME ON WHERE YOU HIDING I WANNA SEE THAT FU(KING CLOWN!!!

Then go to the counter and order just a burger, when they ask if you want frys go phyco again...
WHAT YOU SELL FRYS???
when did this happen? What sort of oil do you cook them in? How many sizes are they? Do they come with salt? What sort of potatoes do you use?
NO dont worry about the other people here in your FAST FOOD establishment... YOU have got me all interested in the frys!!!

When chirstens come to the door ask them if they would like to join you for group sex with the other worshipers?

Sharky the best thing to do when your stressed out is to find fault in everything you can and then simply make humor of it :)

Sharky
04-18-2002, 07:03 AM
hehe. mcdonalds thing was classic "HEY I WANNA SEE THE MANAGER, I WANNA SEE RONALD! COME ON WHERE YOU HIDING I WANNA SEE THAT FU(KING CLOWN!!!" - wicked ;)

but it's easy to say let it slide but it's hard to do innit. i got a wallbag which i use. gonna goto gym later.

scotty1
04-18-2002, 07:06 AM
Sharky - life sucks sometimes man. just take comfort in the fact that you're the normal one, and they're all a bit fuc.kin weird.

Jon - have you got off with your mate's gf of 3 years??:confused:

jon
04-18-2002, 07:10 AM
scotty1

Posted by me
"Mate i know how you feel, i have just ended a three year relationship tonight...
Oh dont worry to much, it wasnt mine. Just she was cute and i was drunk. Still her boyfriend was a good mate ill miss him. "

Posted by scotty1
"Jon - have you got off with your mate's gf of 3 years??"

Um hheeh
Well errrr
It was kind of a joke :)
Still i can see my sence of humor leaves a lot to be disired :(

dezhen2001
04-18-2002, 07:11 AM
and i thought i was the only one with gal problems...:eek:
things will sort themselves out i'm sure. one way or the other.

david

jon
04-18-2002, 07:13 AM
hehe help :(
Clarification...
I have a girlfriend she is cute as hell and im happy. Well except for the whole having to drive for ages to see her part.
I have NOT slept with my mates girlfriend it was just a bad joke.

Wow would have thunk it:confused:

Badger
04-18-2002, 07:14 AM
1) Quit breaking the law.
2) Quit leaving food out...it causes bugs.
3) Man, I'm glad I'm not you...It is so much better being me.
4) Stop whining & be a man!

Hope this helps.
;)

Badger

dezhen2001
04-18-2002, 07:17 AM
u know jon, that's happened to me as well before :( :mad:
it's amazing how things can happen like that and get taken the wrong way...

best of luck,
david :)

jon
04-18-2002, 07:25 AM
Badger
You forgot

5 Get some sleep you insomniac!
All the best Sharky i hope you feel better, seriously ive heard you saying you dont sleep much and stress is magnified by lack of sleep. Get some good healthy rest and i hope you feel better :)

David
hehe no worries dude :)
Its not my fault i type to fast never spell check or use grammer and generaly have NO feeling of remourse for the poor saps who actualy bother to READ my drivel :(

In case anyone cares for something TOTALY off topic and silly...
I decided to buy a computer game today... Ive done this before dont worry:rolleyes: Still if anyone cares i got Jedi Knight 2, and man its bringing back some happy knostalgia.
If anyone played the orginal Dark forces or Jedi Knight your gonna luv this. I dont even care for Star Wars THAT much but this was just too darn cool for words. Great graphics engine (q3) great sound and level design and the Troopers actualy look like there getting shot for once !!!

Ok so err yeah in this humble non reviewers opioion Jedi Knight 2 is a good play if you like that sort of thing.
And if anyone gives me any crap for playing pc games, ill wookie slap em!!!
And i know empty force and dim mak so your not safe anywhere!!!

shaolinboxer
04-18-2002, 07:32 AM
I understand your frustration. Out on the street, when people are rude I just ignore them or smile back (usually that's cause my fiance is busy calling them what they are).

The worst, however, is in the office. I work as an "executive assistant" which is a nice way of saying "secretary". It's one of the few jobs around here that lets you leave around 5PM to go train. Being the lowest ranking member of the office, people realize there is no danger in giving you ****, so they often lay it on.

Just the other day my boss (the President) was feeling a like he needed to yell at somebody. So the guy calls me into his office to "discuss" something. I had made a mistake in mailing an item, and it arrived a few hours late (we were in the middle of moving our office, we just had a round of layoffs so I took over 3 people's responsibilties with no raise, so mailing a video tape seemed low priority). He used that mistake to launch into a tirade about my poor attitude and not being a "mind reader" nor being "pro-active enough" (for those of you who don't know, that's manager speak for "I feel like a **** up, so stroke my ego every day or I'll act like an *******"). He said everyone in the office has this problem with me. When I tried to discuss it (how can I improve? whom should I speak to about how I can better function in the office? please remember you fired all the rest of the admin staff) he freaked out. He threw things, banged his fists on the desk and said "Lyle, god**** it you need to let me be stern with you! You are in no position to speak this way!"

I continued to defend my postion with specific, documented examples of me going above and beyond the call of duty. At one point he became so angry he could no longer speak. He sat across from me, sweating, trying to stare me down. And I mean that...if we were in a bar, it would have been thunderdome time (two men enter, one man leaves). I had already invited him to fire me, and he didn't want to. I asid "boss, you look like you wanna kick my ass. Really, you want me to read your mind, your mind says 'I'd like to punch this kid in the face'". Needless to say he continued to stare at me.

So I decided to talk him down. I had no problem matching his agression, so I decided to try to turn it to my advantage (I am soon going on a 20 day honeymoon, and I just didn't feel like looking for temp work). I took about 20 min of soothing secretary speak, but he chilled out, and even sent an email around to everyone in the company thanking me for my efforts.

Never in my life did I think anyone would have the audacity to try to use me as their whipping boy. I have never, ever been so fundamentaly insulted. It was a battle of minds, and through force of will, I won. I'd say that was the first time I really applied my aikido training in real life.

Din Gao
04-18-2002, 07:35 AM
Jon,

That was some funny stuff. People now think I am a maniac laughing to myself in my cubicle.

There isn't much you can do when people in a position of power are rude to you or harrassing you other then to try an extricate yourself from the situation. My response escalates as I get home, so a punching bag or weights is a good release.

Don't make the mistake I did when I was young and stupid (as opposed to old and stupid now). I "mouthed" back to a cop in a position where I had no power. He let me know it real quick.

Sharky
04-18-2002, 07:37 AM
That's what i'm talkin about. Well done.

Din Gao
04-18-2002, 07:41 AM
Shaolinboxer,

That is probably the best response I heard. I can't imagine my boss doing something like that. I have been fortunate enough to work for some pretty cool people.

Despite it working out in the end, you may want to consider looking elsewhere for a new job although the current market conditions suck.

Sharky
04-18-2002, 07:42 AM
i " mouthed back " at a racist teacher back in last year of high school, and knocked him the fu.ck out in front of the whole class.

even though i " regret " that, he's gonna think twice before doin it again to any other student. didn't like it there anyway.

dezhen2001
04-18-2002, 07:46 AM
Jon - Jedi Knight 2 looks like a good game my friend... i'm sure it's addictive :D I always put my foot in it so to speak, but never mind :)

i think we all need some sleep and some time to chill out...i know i've seen u guys online in the early hours cause i've been there as well. time to kick back for a bit now i think :p

david

guohuen
04-18-2002, 08:17 AM
Responce A- Smile your best cat smile.
Responce B- Offer them a pair of pliers to remove the stick from their ass.

scotty1
04-18-2002, 08:47 AM
I thought that was a bit out of character.

Sh!t, here I am telling a guy over the internet that he was acting out of character. Like I'd know. I think we all spend too much time here :)

guohuen
04-18-2002, 09:03 AM
Way to go Sharky! I believe in the principle of "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." meaning if I were to act like a racist pig I would hope someone would have the common decency to knock some sense into me.

DelicateSound
04-18-2002, 11:20 AM
i " mouthed back " at a racist teacher back in last year of high school, and knocked him the fu.ck out in front of the whole class

Schooldays like that make the rest of the year worth attending. What did he say Sharky? I once flipped a P.E. teacher for calling me a "Little ginger f*cker"

It felt good.

dezhen2001
04-18-2002, 11:44 AM
one of my old classmates seemed to upset one of our old Technical teachers (wood shop [?] for all you US people :p). Every class he would end up getting told off, but then one day the teacher just lost it. He was holding a ruler and slammed it down on the table. it caught my friends finger and hurt him.

My friend then picked up a metre (meter) stick and then smashed it across his arm and chest, breaking it! It led to my friend being expelled and the teacher (head of the department) being suspended! Eventually he was dismissed...

is that an interesting enuff story for ya Delicate? :D

david

DelicateSound
04-18-2002, 11:59 AM
Yes it is David! :D I once had a similar thing [ruler on fingers] by Mrs. Gore my Year 5 teacher. She had made my life hell all year, so I told her that I'd keep quiet as long as she was nice [I was just a kid]. I never did homework that year! :)

I really should have ChiBlasted [TM] her into the wall though :D

Chang Style Novice
04-18-2002, 12:04 PM
Here I am looking for a new job, because the micromanaging, anal retentive, control freak sob of a new manager pushed me too far today. This guy started a week ago, and has been riding me ever since - I suspect he just didn't like my long hair and beard.

From the second he got to the shop, he's decided to rearrange everything, pressure everyone to do everything faster (including drive - I stuck to the speed limit and he told me I'm 'dillydallying'), fill paperwork out completely (he rides my @ss when I took the time to do it, though), and today, the last straw!

I was loading 9000 feet of pipe onto the truck for delivery. That takes a while, and he was right behind me telling me to hurry up the whole time. I asked him then (and had asked before) not to talk to me while I'm pulling stock because I lose count. When I was done he said "About time! Now are you sure that's the right amount?" I told him no, I may have lost count when he was yelling at me. He told me to pull it all down and count it again, and hurry because we're late. FINE! So I start up again, and in the middle of it, he starts telling me how to count it. I told him if he wants to count it, okay, but if he wants me to count it I'll count it my way. He said calm down (he was yelling at me already, remember) and go to his office. I said f!!! that, I'm going to the time clock.

Then I went to my sifu and had a long conversation, over the course of which he told me he'd give me some work, not to worry about the pr!ck since karma would take care of it, and gave me some liver tonic pills.

I almost feel better now. Almost.

rubthebuddha
04-18-2002, 12:44 PM
i guess one thing i'm seeing in common with all your guys' situations is that you're dealing with *******s who obviously have their own issues to sort out and are too immature to deal with them. thus, you become the target, because they can't handle anyone they feel is subordinate forcing them to treat them with respect. they want their ego stroked and magnificence recognized.

so take some solace in know that, while you have you're shît together, the other person is struggling pretty badly with it ...

or ...

be like me (an *******) and take some joy in the fact that you know something inside is eating at them and they can't deal with it.

either way, just wink at them and leave. makes 'em think you know something they don't. and you do. ;)

Chang Style Novice
04-18-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by rubthebuddha

so take some solace in know that, while you have you're shît together, the other person is struggling pretty badly with it ...

I think you're right, man. Still, I was awfully tempted to go to his office, do my thing, then clock out and let the rest of the office find the corpse at closing time...

dezhen2001
04-18-2002, 01:00 PM
if i did have my sheit together it would be cool, but unfortunaltely i don't :p Getting there though...

david

Sharky
04-18-2002, 01:52 PM
this is what i'm on about. it's the people that think they are so RIGHT, and are so set in their ways that there'ws no reasoning with them. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Leaving it to karma doesn't make me feel better, or teach them a lesson that i can see.

Xebsball
04-18-2002, 02:36 PM
"i " mouthed back " at a racist teacher back in last year of high school, and knocked him the fu.ck out in front of the whole class."

Im so proud of you son
:cool:

wushu chik
04-18-2002, 07:05 PM
Sharky,
Don't feel bad. I had a hs math teacher call me a wh0re, because i was helping some kid with his homework, and was "leaning to close". So, I got up out of my seat, and she threw a projector at me.....and then bolted out the door. So, being the sound minded person i am, I chased her into the Principals office! Well, he was about 7 feet tall, a good 300+ guy, and he picked me up and stepped in between us. Well, she proceeded to lie thru her teeth about what had happened, and so my whole math class came in and told him the truth. He fired her on the spot, with all of us standing there, and then told me to wait until after school to beat her ass, otherwise he would have to suspend me. She was gone after school, and I never saw her again!!!

~Wen~

Sharky
04-18-2002, 07:17 PM
;)

joedoe
04-18-2002, 07:49 PM
The best revenge is to ruin a reputation. :)

Make sure you gather all your ammunition - as many facts as you can to support your case. Then when you have had enough, open fire with all barrels. There is nothing quite so satisying. Did this recently with my landlord and I can tell you now the feeling of victory was sooooooo sweet. :)

In a work situation, I found the best way is to walk away and leave it behind. If anyone ever asks you about the place you used to work for, then let them know how bad they are. Particularly if they are asking advice on whether they should use their products/services.

I guess this is the vindictive scorpio in me coming out :)

diego
04-18-2002, 08:50 PM
thats a odd story, on her part, how long did she teach that class for?.

Sharky why the cops, harrassing you?...you look thug?
:)

Justa Man
04-18-2002, 09:06 PM
people are people. i say fu.ck em....shadowbox the everything out of them in your room....break an ill battle verse over their head like...."!BLAM!" ....and know you got your sh!t on straight.

csn you are a master not to have brutally damaged home**** for breakin like that. my left cups my right fist in respect!

Budokan
04-18-2002, 09:15 PM
"When chirstens come to the door ask them if they would like to join you for group sex with the other worshipers?" --Jon

HAW! HAW! HAW!!
:D

I'm gonna remember that one the next time those Jehovah's Witlesses come to my door!:D

joedoe
04-18-2002, 09:41 PM
There was a story in Sydney a few years ago where the reporter had spent her Saturday morning repainting a wardrobe, when some JWs knocked on her door hoping to save her soul. It just so happened that she was using red paint and had it all over her hands and clothing. She thought quickly and said, "Actually, I am a Satanist and we were just in the middle of a ritual sacrifice. Would you guys like to join us?"

Apparently she had never seen a JW run so quickly before. :D

wushu chik
04-19-2002, 01:10 AM
Diego...that was her second year of teaching. And, i am not the first person that had an altercation with her! There had been many more before me!!!!

The sex one was great too!!! And for the record..i have looked out my 2nd story window to see who was at the door because i had been in the shower, and when i saw it was a group of JW's...i answered the door neked. All one of them could say was "It's time I changed religions", and then asked me out! I just shook my head and laughed. Only prob was, one of my neighbors was walking by at the time....never lived THAT ONE down!

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind other people religions, just can't stand when they bang on my door for 45 minutes waiting for me to answer!!!

~Wen~

scotty1
04-19-2002, 02:24 AM
Loads of the links to history etc. are not working for me on your site. I don't know if that's the site or what, I'm not very technical.
But the message says that the pages may have been removed, or moved, or something.

Sharky
04-19-2002, 06:24 AM
yeh i prolly look thug.

i get stopped in my car (min - *heh*) all the fecking time, nearly everytime i go out for a cruise alone late at night and searched and my details taken down.... got to the point where i'm really nice to them... " busy night? " ....but then sometimes i just get angry like wtf!?!?!

and if i don't see a pic of wushuchik soon i am going to burst.

David Jamieson
04-19-2002, 07:21 AM
hey sharky, there's plenty of rude and obnoxious people in the world.

I always liked to take the position of mind over matter as in "I don't mind so it doesn't matter"

Many times people are just plain thoughtless and say things out of their own ignorance. No fault, these folks just need a few more trips around the sun before they can shed the veil of idiocy that they wear. Sometimes, people will go to their graves with a chip on their shoulder and a corrosive personality. Only to be remembered (if at all) for their callous and primitive ways, whereupon they are laughed about.

Anyway, the solution is always inside you of course.
One stance you could take is to recognize that it is foolish to be affected by a fool.
In other words, move along.

If someone seeks to physically assault you, then it is your choice to reject this via a sensible means such as a verbal shove or perhaps a physical one. If it's a cop, this is not suggested. Be quiet and eventually the bad cop will go away.
If it's a citizen on equal footing then that person should expect to take what they are dishing out.

You can only poke at someone with a barb for so long before they reach out and touch you...hard :)

or you can simply walk away if the opportunity to do so is there. This is an acceptable choice and often leaves the mudslinger frustrated themselves seeing as they were unable to affect your sensibilities.

Life is to short to waste your breath or time with unreasonable people.

peace

Sharky
04-19-2002, 08:03 AM
thanks kung lek :)

Kristoffer
04-19-2002, 10:32 AM
**** everyone... Why write a huge thread about someting that I can sum down to "just **** it"?

Kristoffer
04-19-2002, 10:37 AM
I'm ****ing ****ed at a certain person right now.. Feel like am gonna ****ing kill that person if I see 'it'.. ****ing *****. If anyone knows what to do when ****ing mad then please tell me coz Im about to hurt someone!!

Sharky
04-19-2002, 11:46 AM
crack one off or goto the gym

Sharky
04-19-2002, 11:47 AM
or both

Kristoffer
04-19-2002, 12:16 PM
none avaylibuli