PDA

View Full Version : Practicing different types of punches

fa_jing
04-18-2002, 09:53 AM
So which punches do you guys like to practice in the air? I like the link-chain punches for developing speed and endurance, I like the chambered punches for power. I do chambered punches from my sitting horse stance with stance turning, and I like the "high, middle, low, low, middle, high" punching from the square stance. I find that chambering the punch and also thrusting back the elbow is a good stretch for my torso.

-FJ

fa_jing
04-22-2002, 12:52 PM
Apparently this topic interests no one?

Sniff...

Phenix_Eye
04-22-2002, 03:58 PM
I usually practice chain punching and the turning punch

Martial Joe
04-22-2002, 09:18 PM
Extremely relaxed and slow air punches...both speed and power will come with that type of training.

Keep your shoulders down...

Nat from UK
04-23-2002, 12:56 AM
Like MJ I practice slow punches to check alingment, structure and proper wrist motion - all in the air.

I also practice turning punches, concentrating on the turn rather than the punch trying to punch from the ground using my hip turn to generate power - all in the air.

I train a short range punch from the leading hand, closest fist to the target followed by the rear hand punching. -

Lifting punch from CK- when playing the form, i will often punch more then the once in the form - I need to practice this a bit more

Turning Hook punch from BJ - when playing the form - still getting my head around this one

Havn't got access to a wall bag at the moment, so i dont practice on a wall bag but will have one up within the month - I will be working wall bag work into my training on a gradual basis.

Nat from UK

wt_disciple
04-23-2002, 10:34 PM
I also like the chain punches.... really fast for a cardio workout, or really slow for structure and technique. I do lots of shadowboxing... especially when I do my cardio workout.... I mix it up with Western boxing. Peace..

wt_disciple

fa_jing
04-24-2002, 11:03 AM
I really do recommend puching from the square stance, no turning, chambering at the chest, low middle high, high middle low. Building up to a fast speed. Just something I've been getting into lately.
-FJ