PDA

View Full Version : Rumble in the stomach

World Internal
04-18-2002, 04:14 PM
I have started Qigong meditation recently. I started with some basic Yin Jing Jing (but stopped that for later), 8 Pieces of Brocade, BaGua 8 palms standing meditation, The shaking palm, Bagua's 64, The 64 but doing the 8 original palms, Xing Yi's Five Elements, and Yoga.

Anyways, I and the people I train with have no teacher and we dont know what the rumble in the stomach is about. We have made guesses but we would prefer a more experienced conclusion.

One of our guesses is that sperm is being transformed into Chi essence. Another is that old undigested substance is finally moving around. Another is the organs are massageing themselves causing a rumble. Its probally not even from the stomach. We are clueless.

The rumble is actually audible at times of deep concentration. Its kind of beautiful. Anyways what the hell is this?

prana
04-18-2002, 04:54 PM
If you are talking about the "pulsations", its just energy forcing through paths, provided you are doing it correctly.

If you guys are not doing it correctly, then its that little guy in there saying, "Eh !? Wotcha ma doink to me in ere ? Chill out man, ur pushing muh buttons ! *thump* *thump* stop it before I rip your guts!! *thump*"

hehehe

Maybe get a teacher :) Online forums are difficult for these sorts of subtler things.

Repulsive Monkey
04-20-2002, 01:35 AM
It maybe just straight forward borbayrigmus.

World Internal
04-21-2002, 09:27 AM
What is Borbayrigmus?

Someone in the ShenWu forums said that it is probally increased blood flow in the dantien. That may be because you can see the veins fullerin my arms, legs and in my lower abdomin. What do you guys think?

Nexus
04-22-2002, 09:21 AM
I think you should ask your teacher.

World Internal
04-23-2002, 01:05 AM
I had instructors before but I dont have any teacher right now.
In 6 to 10 months I will be looking for a few teachers. My goal is to train hard to be a worthy student to worthy teachers. So for now everybody is my teacher.

Nexus
04-24-2002, 01:16 AM
Well said and much respected response.

BSH
04-26-2002, 08:05 PM
Do you eat or drink anything before you do your medititations??

The Willow Sword
05-02-2002, 08:26 PM
The rumbling in the stomach.......... is it like an indigestion thing or is it the pulsating that was decsribed by another member?
i have found that in some of the excersises such as the I chin ching muscle tendon classics AND the breathing meditations that at first the body will become heated up and the stomach can also get real yanged out and that rumble will occur. a lot of heat can accumulate in the stomach and cause the acids to increase and therefore cause an indigestion like rumble.
i guess that key points to remember in meditation that you must have little or no food in the stomach when doing these meditations. Also the time of day can be a factor as well. if they are done in the most yang part of the day 12pm-4pm the body will tend to run hotter and, as we all know, the meditations will heat us up.
if your stomach becomes upset during meditations the best way I have found is to realize that your body is getting too yang and hot and must cool down and the best way to cool down is to do yin chi breathing and take the path of water.
and a handy chinese formulah to have in pocket are the "Po Chai" pills. I will swear by them,,they Work great on upset stomach and intestinal problems.
there you have it.

Many Respects, The Willow Sword

illusionfist
05-03-2002, 01:08 AM
Another thing to take into consideration is the amount of internal work you are doing and also the differing methods that are being utilized. Basically you are mixing internal methods, therefore it is quite easy to have your system go into shock. The internal work you mentioned all focus on different things. If you are focusing on each one, you are confusing your body and thusly negating effects gained by others while picking up negative effects due to imbalance.

My advice would be to stick to one method and adhere to it for a while and let your body get used to the paths. There is no sense in mixing up chi gungs at this point because everything will be antithetical in the end and you'll be worse off for it.

One skill= one training

Peace :D