PDA

View Full Version : Sifu Ross

diego
04-20-2002, 06:05 PM
In you GreenCloud.com article, you mention Harry Ng-Yim-Ming, Moved to SanFrancisco, Around 1950?, @ HopGar.com GM Ku-Chi-Wai's site, it States He was only in SF, for less then Two years? from 1969-1972?.

The Teacher of Harry Ng's Method, i can hold abit of cliam to, Alexander"kaido"polintain, started teaching in Montreal in 1972, and when i contacted one of his main students, he mentioned, he talked to one of Mr.Ming's Main reps?" i presume a SF one?", and he mentioned never seeing Kaido at Harry's School!.
So, my assumption is maybe kaido had a friend in Harrys school, but how much could they have learnt in two years?.

All accounts of NgMings death relate to ChineseMafia, and as you can see from the end of this post, im told from three kfo members its commonknowledge in sf chinatown that NgMing taught triadtypes, wich led to his early demise. In you article, you mention he taught the chinese air force, all 30 forms of lama?, Would you kindly share with me some info on his time in the army, How many students, do you know of from this period?, and how long did he teach them?.

This is from the shaolin forum, its NorthernShaolin's reply to i:) NorthernShaolin
NorthernShaolin

diego,

Interesting reading. Master Ming was known as Master Harry Ng here.

From what I could remember, it was common knowledge that Master Ng had a small school on Powell street where he trained the Chinese Mafia soldiers late at nite. The style that he taught was Hop Gar which has always been associated with the Chinese mafia. In the past, if you mention that you learned Hop Gar, you were a thought as a ganster and regarded as a dangerous person who should not to be associated with.

It was very common in the old days for the Chinese Mafia to hire kung fu masters such as Master Ng, put up a front kung fu school, and have them train their youth gang members known as soldiers.

Master Ng's death was an effort by the Chinese mafia to stop an uprising of their soldiers and gave the excuse that Master Ng could not control his students, i.e., the trained gang soldiers. Originally the soldiers were given an assignment but were unable to complete it but still demanded payment of $2,000 from the mafia for an unsucessfully job performed. If the Chinese mafia did not pay, the soldiers threaten to expose their gambling houses and prositution houses.

As a result of the threat, the mafia hired a 15 year old kid and was assigned to shoot Master Ng who took four slugs (22-cal.), one in each knee and two in the chest. This sent a loud message to the soldiers-back off or your going to be next.

Anyway, my knowledge seems to be in line with David Chin's accounts but I really can not verify if it is true.

Diego,

Lot of questions but few answers.

Master Ng's school was open day and night so he could have taught Kaido anytime. As is it possible to learn alot in a short period of time?...Yes, for some people it would be easy; provided that one has previous martial background, time, energy, desirer and $$$ to go with it but I cannot honestly say how or who Kaido learned from. Remember, money talks and even some sifus are willing to show anything if the green backs are high enough. They'll even let the sets be filmed (in those days it was Super 8mm) so that it can be studed at a later date. (It was not so long ago that one can go to China with liquior and cigrettes and use them to buy knowledge from sifus).

As for Hop gar being associated with the Chinese Mafia, there is nothing written about this but it is common knowledge in SFCT and in HK. If anyone wrote something about this in detail I think they would be dead meat. I remember when I inquired many years ago, I was told "you do not want to know" and then their lips were sealed...end of discussion.

I do not know about the other styles. My personal feeling is that the Chinese mafia was associated with almost all the different styles at one time in the last 150 year history but Hop Gar has the strongest link and may still have that link today.

I do not have any knowledge of Master Ng fighting anyone in SFCT except that many of the sifus did not associate with him because of the connection to the mafia."""
----------------------------
Peace

diego
04-22-2002, 05:30 PM
:)

African Tiger
04-22-2002, 05:49 PM
Not Ross Gonzaga from Vegas?

diego
04-22-2002, 06:06 PM
Teacher of Chan Tai Shan's LamaPai

diego