PDA

View Full Version : yuen fen

cherrypraxis
04-20-2002, 08:38 PM
i recall having read a thread before on what yuen fen is but i don't remember anymore.

ok...what is yuen fen?

thanks!

jon
04-21-2002, 12:41 AM
hahah
Cherry my good friend, thats called cheating ;)

Ok, Yuen Fen is VERY hard to explain and is something best of felt rather than directly told about in text.
I will give you a prompt and maybe someone who feels a little better about explaining such things may help fill in some blanks.

Yuen Fen, is like fate. However its more strictly related to kung fu.

SOME say Yuen Fen decides who is our sifu and which art we study. Even right down to what our place is in the ma world.

Some like me and im sure a few others have reached a point where Yuen Fen becomes one of the few reasons left. I think your dealing with the man right now Cherry. I think you may even get to know him quite well. Then again im nothing to go by, just a pawn.

Hope this helps a little in your search, trust me on one thing though. No matter what anyone TELLS you about Yuen Fen you will always find out the most by yourself. The path and journy are different for each of us. Yuen Fen is simply something to tie us together.

Hope your well Cherry :)
Jon

sui-fuw
04-21-2002, 03:31 AM
even through racial slur or accussed of it?

cherrypraxis
04-21-2002, 05:56 AM
oy, jon...i'm not cheating! this is called "research"...

:)

anyway, you're the one who brought the term up from a while back...well, perhaps not. perhaps you are just one of the people who responded to that forum topic.

sui-fuw:

what's with the racial slur/accusation of racial slur? were you the accused??

sui-fuw
04-21-2002, 10:53 AM
hi chez,well on the w/c forum they're are to ban me b/c i made fun of a member[w/c]called "yuenfen",which doesn't live up to that name unfortunatly.
i said that he does w/c curry style b/c of his color skin.but the yuen fen that we talk about now,is color blind,plus it was a food like noodle w/c.hagis w/c.bacon and eggs w/c.hamburger w/c.shushi w/c.roast beef w/c.there was no intent but i do not ignore that the fact of his color.he shouldn't be so touchy and such a high status for some-one like me to knock down.

worst form of prejudice is ignorance and with that denile.yeun fen will see it through for us to learn.cannot be controled:)

CLOUD ONE
04-21-2002, 03:57 PM
There is nothing worse than kicking someone that is down;)

fiercest tiger
04-21-2002, 06:28 PM
I love curry what race would green curry belong to?

w/c bacon and eggs hahaha i can see a flame starting somewhere!

cherrypraxis
04-21-2002, 07:14 PM
ok...seems like this forumer "yuenfen" had an interesting and rather 'friendly' exchange with several members of the board.

but...no one (except for jon) has touched on the question:

what is yuen fen?

BIU JI
04-21-2002, 09:29 PM
What Jon said !!! lol:D

sui-fuw
04-22-2002, 05:42 PM
whats your place in the m'a world?

can you ask "yuen fen" whats mine while you at it.

cheers sui;)

Buby
04-22-2002, 06:52 PM
Bro,

Can you please adobo and sazzo my yuenfen. LOL That's Boriqua (Puerto Rican) yuenfen for ya.LOL

Bro, I still can't get a PM to you. I'm going to ask gene to take a look at my account to see if it's been blocked from sending PMs.

I'll holla at ya as soon as the problem is fixed.

Cloudy - What's up man? Long time don't speak too. Hope all is well with you and yours.

****, come and think about it, I would love some curry chicken right about now. So what I'm a fatso!:D

Take care,
Buby

jon
04-23-2002, 12:32 AM
Hi Sui Fuw

Arg you really know how to ask the difficault questions, i will answer as honestly as i can dispite the fact i would dearly love to have some kind of proper logic to give you.

Honestly.... Its one of the few things im genuinely good at, i started MA when i was 12. At the age of 14 during a grading i was picked out of a room of several hundred by the grandmaster to perform a jumping break over several people. It took me a few attempts but i made it, i was then told that no one had done this same feat of my grade outside of Korea. Ive basicaly been hooked ever since, i have gone though MANY different reasons for my study but these days it just feels like i have come to far to simply turn around.
I know this might sound egotistical or even naieve but i often feel when im learning that im actualy RE learning something not learning it for the first time. I cant quite explain this but i know its there, ive even known the next movement on occasion without having seen it.
I dont know how to explain this or if there is any point in even trying to. Basicaly i just do it becouse its part of me and it makes me happy.
My actual PLACE is very hard to second guess and im honestly not sure i should or even want to. As it stands i only have one wish when it comes to my place in the MA world. I want to be VERY highly skilled and i want to help to insure the arts are passed on. I said it before sui fuw - im just a pawn. Still even pawns can win the game if they play there cards right. They can even become a queen if they move forward enough.
Maybe Yuen Fen does have plans for me i dont know, im happy to just continue along down the path and hope the destination is as enjoyable as the journey.
If he gives me anything to go by i will be sure to ask him your path as well;) Though i cant help but wonder if you dont already know it?
You are obviously here for a reason, as are we all. Even this board has conataions im sure none of us fully understand.

Can i ask you Sui Fuw, if you dont want discuss here then please email or PM me.
Bic Gim - tell me how close im getting, provided you know yourself.
Would this relate to how power is transfered though the body and into a weapon?
This is just a pinch, im wondering if Bic Gim refers to issueing elemental power though a blade?
Anyway please let me know your thoughts?
If you wish to know how i came to where i am i will be happy to tell you as well, first i want to see if im on the right track.

sui-fuw
04-23-2002, 04:10 AM
bro no pm's i've be cut out from that b/c,the addmin are afraid of me going after ppl,singleling them out so i can't send or recieve them.its a good job too;) i sent you an e-mail did you get it???
send me one with the your address if you have changed it.ok:)

JON
with your posts:sometimes you bore me,sometimes you fustrate me, sometimes you humour me,sometimes you blow me away.but this time you got me so emotional[i don't know why]and i not joking.i do have a smile though.

buby you got competition here bro:)

i would love to e-mail you,however how you gonna get my address???only the talented can achieve it,tell me are you up to it.

"Bic Gim - tell me how close im getting, provided you know yourself.
Would this relate to how power is transfered though the body and into a weapon?
This is just a pinch, im wondering if Bic Gim refers to issueing elemental power though a blade? "

shwwww,man i can taste it i can smell it i can almost touch it.oh its dissapeard.
;)

sui-fuw
04-23-2002, 04:16 AM
cherry,yuen fen is the same as this equazion:

2 + 2 = ?

hahahaha i love fu(king your brains;)

CLOUD ONE
04-23-2002, 05:40 AM
2+2=sui fuw ***** slapping yaun fen:D

Hey Buby wassup!!!!:cool:

Is yuen fen to be the best M.A one can be?

Buby
04-23-2002, 11:58 AM
Bro,

I don't have access at home yet, but I'll send you an e-mail from work so you can holla at me here.

"buby you got competition here bro" - If Jon = Buby then there is competition. Seeing that both Jon and myself are not the same person then there is no competition. Bro I'm only in competition with myself, just trying to be better than I was yesterday.

Cloud - "Is yuen fen to be the best M.A one can be?" Bro, I think yuen fen allows you to be the best MAs you can be. Some people are just naturally talented..Ahum Ahum..LOL And others, well no matter how hard they try, their just not cut out for it.

Take care bros!

cherrypraxis
04-23-2002, 12:30 PM
sui-fuw

ok...so according to you, and i say this rather loosely, (with an emphasis on LOOSELY) yuen fen is

brain-fu(king...

:D

jon,

all i can say is "woe is me..."

;)

sui-fuw
04-24-2002, 03:33 AM
gerry,yep.you got it:D

buby.what did you say?its not as if you're been paired up?its something i notice on how this particular post by jon made me feel.thats all, like one of the pm's you sent.:) i'm sure ppl could learn much from you two anyways:)

Buby
04-24-2002, 04:36 AM
No doubt bro! I didn't take it the wrong way. So did I make you feel all gushy inside? butterflies and what not? LOL Just messing with you bro.

Btw, have you ever heard of a system from guanzhou called Kung Toe Wa. I think thats it's pronouncation in cantonese. My cab driver last night trains in it.

Thanks for the kind word, bro!:)

Take care,
Buby

sui-fuw
04-24-2002, 04:46 AM
hi mai,gong tai wa.ahh lay ho dor si gann.if you see him again say yes i have,and i'm sure he does:D

Buby
04-24-2002, 05:21 AM
You're killing me! I didn't understand a thing you wrote. Bro, I don't understand chinese. I'm fixing up my e-mail addy on here(kfo). Send me an e-mail, if you don't mind.

Take care,
Buby

jon
04-24-2002, 10:27 PM
Hi Sui Fuw
lol im really not sure what to say, hence been taking a while.
Im glad my post struck a cord with you and it was nice of you to exgerate 'sometimes' finding my posts boring;) Im a fool and often go off on a tangent.

As for your email address, i would certainly like to exchange with you if your keen. If you cant use KFO and i cant PM you then there is only really one way.
jgoodall@bigpond.net.au
Thats mine but SHOOSH!!! dont tell anybody;)

Im still buzzing and wirring over the possiblitys with Bic Gim, i think i have a grip but then again thats usualy the most dangerous time.

Cherry :)
I will hopefully email you again tonight sorry for taking so long :(
Woe is not you, if it were then a lot of other people would be REALLY angry at you right about now.
Black is white, day is night and suffering is happyness. All things come and go, why hold on to any one emotion in particular, they will all be fleeting?
I hear love never dies, just gets old and decays hehee :D