PDA

View Full Version : Florida Kung Fu Championships

dachiba
04-21-2002, 08:35 AM
Florida Kung Fu Championships hosted by Master Andrew Chung - July 27, 2002 - Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Features over 120 divisions in Traditional Forms, Weapons, Tai Chi, Hsing I, Continuous Sparring, and Sanshou.

Sanshou divisions will include A (Experienced), C (Beginners) and Juniors (14-15 yrs and 16-17).

For more information, please contact Andrew Chung at 954-964 9800 or email chungtaiqi@aol.com.

NorthernMantis
04-21-2002, 10:14 AM
Dude I'm there! July 27th eh? If you go hope to meet up ith you.

DoubleTigerClaw
04-21-2002, 11:47 AM
Wow, I didin't know Andy's having a san shou tournament for teens now. 14-15? I might want to try. The only thing bad is that I heard Andy doesn't carry insurance for his tournament. Is that true? I mean I want to compete in it, but I'll have to see what my other instructors think I should do.

P-E-A-C-E

dachiba
04-21-2002, 12:24 PM
There were some good fighters last year, both in adults and juniors' divisions. Head contact is not allowed for Juniors. If you like Sanshou, then it is a great tournament to test your skills.

The tournament site is at a nice facility in Coral Springs and I don't think you can hold a tournament there without insurance coverage.

woliveri
04-21-2002, 07:25 PM
Who's Master Andrew Chung and what style does he teach? Have a web site for his school?

Thanks,

yu shan
04-21-2002, 08:18 PM
Sounds like a road trip to me...Broward beaches are really nice in July! Northern Mantis, hopefully we can get together for a lil rice & beans in your area. Sorry I didnt make Nicks tournament, I was returning from Taiwan, and just couldnt make the extra trip. Will get together a group to come down for this tournament. Tell SaMantis to bring her good stuff! Thanks for everything!

yu shan

DoubleTigerClaw
04-22-2002, 07:42 PM
I think Andy teaches Wing Chun and something else. I don't know wut the address for his website, but try looking it up in a search engine. Maybe our website has it: Lee Koon Hung Kung Fu (http://www.leekoonhungkungfu.com) (under links)

peace

dachiba
04-22-2002, 08:58 PM
Sifu Chung teaches Wing Chun, My Jhorn Law Horn and Tai Chi. His presently doesn't have a website yet. If you need info, just call or email his school.

Double Tiger Claw, we didn't see your school at the tournament last year and hope your group will participate in July. Does your school train Sanshou?

Yu Shan, July is nice but a little on the hot side. Just bring your shorts!!

PorcelainMantis
04-22-2002, 11:23 PM
Dachiba...any idea why the tournament isn't being held in the fall again this year? It seems like we were just there! (in October!)

NorthernMantis
04-23-2002, 06:40 AM
Yu shan don't worry about it. I didn't get to go to the tournament either. I heard our guys did pretty good and there were some pong lai guys there but don't know ****her than that. Yeah, maybe we can get a bite to eat or something.

dachiba
04-23-2002, 06:42 AM
Hey Porcelainmantis,

I believe Sifu Chung wanted to host his tournament before the US Nationals in September. This would also give the Florida Sanshou fighters another venue before the September tournament. There are several Florida Sifus that are trying to really push Sanshou and to try to get more experience for our fighters.

DoubleTigerClaw
04-23-2002, 04:57 PM
Hey dachiba,

It's true our school didn't go last year. I didn't really want to go anyways. I'm not into local tournaments. Plus, we've been there for 2 years already. From my opinion, I thought it wasn't that good. It's small, but a lot of Choy Lay Fut students go there to compete. To tell you the truth, I didn't even wanted to go this year or ever, until I heard about the San Shou divison. I thought that would be fun, instead of waiting until I'm 18. Usually, I'm more into international tournaments, like trips to Orlando and stuff. It seems more fun to me. It's something to really go for if you're going to take the time to go all the way up there.

The only thing I have to get around is convincing my mom to let me go. I guess I asked her too many times to get me a car. There's also too much stress with me and my parents. Maybe if I suck up to her, I can get my way. LoL.

NorthernMantis
04-24-2002, 07:36 AM
lol what a funny forum, I spelled f a r t h e r and they censor it:D

SaMantis
04-25-2002, 03:21 PM
Tell SaMantis to bring her good stuff!

yu shan,

I'll bring it if I can find it! I think my good stuff's in the closet next to the laundry hamper. :D

NorthernMantis
05-12-2002, 03:37 PM
Hey Dachiba is the website up yet?

NorthernMantis
05-27-2002, 10:55 AM
Dachiba it's been like two weeks since I sent an e-mail to that address but no one has responded. I looked at my sent mail menu on aol and it says it was seen but no one has answered back what gives? Looks like I'm going to have to make a call anyways. Post that website as soon as possible as I already let a whole buch of people know about the tournament but I'm not sure if they have had the same problems I have.

dachiba
05-27-2002, 05:29 PM
Sifu saids that he has been responding to all the inquiries. Why don't you email me your address and I'll make sure you get the info in the mail. My address is dachiba@hotmail.com. Let me know what other info you need and maybe I can help you with that.

I will also check on the progress of the website.

NorthernMantis
06-01-2002, 05:26 PM
Check your e-mail

any one else from this forum coming along? It would be great to meet some of you guys.

yu shan
06-01-2002, 06:36 PM
Really wanted to support this tournament, but I have to go to Puerto Rico, family stuff.

NorthernMantis
06-01-2002, 07:03 PM
It's okay maybe I'll see you in the future.