PDA

View Full Version : has anyone broken a persons leg with a kick

fiercest tiger
03-24-2001, 05:46 AM
well its been really quiet on the southern forum.

has anyone of you guys/girls practise stomp or low kicks in class, and tried it in a real fight?

do you find it works or not! can you break someones leg with a kick? :D

how do you train the power in the kicks??
peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com ;)

tnwingtsun
03-24-2001, 08:30 AM
yes :o

chessboxer
03-24-2001, 10:05 AM
Greetings,

Tnwingtsun, was this during training/sparring or in a real life situation? Was it any of the kicks from WC or pak mei?

Humbly yours

tnwingtsun
03-24-2001, 07:38 PM
Real life,the kick from nine-step-push(the second
one).Wingtsun has same kick,like a Bong Gerk,used Sam mun at long range,nine step push at close range angled of his right side,it was a stupid fight for stupid reasons(a woman got it started)
But I had no way to leave execpt through the other person and he opened up the fight,it was self defence but the feeling it gives me thinking about his pain still sucks,that was years ago,
I met the guy latter on(he healed up good) and we became passing
friends,he admited that it was his fault,maybe I could have exercised more self control?,it was automatic,happened without thinking,if I did something different I could have had my neck broke
(found out latter the guy was a wresler),I've re-lived it many times,I think we both lost something
that night and gained something. :o :eek: :confused: :)

nickle
03-24-2001, 09:40 PM
but i did however when i was in junior school see a buddy of mine, who had been doing karate most of hhis life, kick another buddy of mine in the thigh, after the fight we all went swimming and the dude who had been kicked had a mark on is leg, you know when you lie on something bumpy for a while, the bumps get mirrored on your skin? well his leg had the perfect outline of the otherguys shoe, and in the middle was the word
EKIN .... lol (nike backwards for the non english masters amongst us... if the kick had hit his knee i know it would have been broken.

-specialization is for ants-

MoQ
03-24-2001, 10:15 PM
Yes, and it's not just my opinion, the Southern kicks DO work. But, if you break a leg on purpose you better have a **** good reason and if you do it on accident, it's certainly not a sign of skill, per se. Taoist boxers in general should not take fighting personally and it shouldn't be a matter of always hitting as hard as you can, some folks may not deserve it...!

(if anyone is on the "sensitive" side of their biorhythm, this is a totally general impression)

chessboxer
03-24-2001, 10:32 PM
Greetings,

I hope your neck is ok tnwingtsun. From what you described about the situation you must of caught the guy before he tried to shoot (tackle) you. lol...( i am not trying to starta grappling vs wc thread) cause their already has been. i have seen my contest (ufc, etc) where guys would just take leg kicks. In the end they paid for it cause they became over aware of their legs. Plus, it probably becomes painful to put their weight in their legs to strike properly.

Humbly yours

Tvebak
03-26-2001, 08:10 AM
Luckely i have never broken anyones leg, but i have had my knee dislocated so many times i dont even remeber how many.
This has given me a great respect for low kÃ*cks, if you can take out a knee you most likely can end the fight.
And no one i have heard about have ever died from legkicks.
Then again, kneedamage hurts like hell, takes a ****load of time to heal and the knee may never function properly again.