PDA

View Full Version : Update on my progress

IronFist
04-21-2002, 10:49 PM
No not really. Someone suggetsed I put movies up of me doing some forms and stuff so I could get feedback from you guys. But, I think in the near future pictures are more realistic than movies. I dunno why I started a new thread for this. Oh well. So yeah, within the next few weeks I might have some WC pics of myself up for you guys to make fun, er, I mean, correct :)

IronFist

yenhoi
04-22-2002, 04:16 PM
DId you find a Sifu yet?

:D :D :D :rolleyes: :D :D :D

Fresh
04-22-2002, 05:03 PM
:confused: That can't be right. How can you learn without a sifu? Maybe I'm missing the punchline.

[Censored]
04-23-2002, 01:03 AM
So yeah, within the next few weeks I might have some WC pics of myself up for you guys to make fun, er, I mean, correct.

Are you prepared for 10 different, conflicting answers?

vingtsunstudent
04-23-2002, 04:03 AM
[Censored]
he might get 10 or even 20 different reports but we all know that mine is the only one that he'll pay any attention to:eek: :p ;)
vts

red5angel
04-23-2002, 07:16 AM
Ironfist, how do you feel your progress is coming?
In case you are interested and can travel, We have a seminar coming up here in July, if you could drive or bus out it would be a cheap way to get some input from some live people!

gnugear
04-24-2002, 09:38 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing pictures.

At least we can tell you if body positioning etc. looks correct.

Good luck ... I admire your persistance!:)

IronFist
04-26-2002, 12:26 PM
Are you prepared for 10 different, conflicting answers?

Yeah. It's better than the 0 I have right now before I post any.

but we all know that mine is the only one that he'll pay any attention to

Of course :

Ironfist, how do you feel your progress is coming?
In case you are interested and can travel, We have a seminar coming up here in July, if you could drive or bus out it would be a cheap way to get some input from some live people!

Pretty good, I guess. July, eh? You are in Minneapolis right? That's like a 10 hour drive from me but I have no idea what I'll be doing in July anyway. As for my progress, all I've been doing is working on SLT, chain punches, and blocking and striking combos. Oh yeah, lots (well, some) of stance work. Basically everything I do is in a WC stance, so everything I do involves (what I think is) proper footwork. I have a full length mirror to help me.

Oh yeah, remember I said one set of 50 punches was hard? That was when I was doing them as if I was actually hitting something (tension at the end). When I totally relax like how some people on here said to do I can bust out sets of 100 and not even feel it (that's 100 on each side, not 100 total). But, while they are fast (3-5 per second) I think they are lacking impact power because I'm totally relaxed. It looks less structured, too.

Oh yeah, I also have a wallbag filled with beans (I forgot what kind, but not mung beans because I can't find them... I used little white beans or something) that I've been doing two sets of 75 with each hand on per day, except recently because I smashed my finger against my metal bed frame and it hurts to touch anything with it, but it's getting better.

How's that for a run-on sentence?

IronFist

red5angel
04-26-2002, 01:30 PM
Ironfist, sounds like you are workin hard and as best you can, I say keep at it!
In July if you want to come out you can stay at my place, we have atleast 2 extra bedrooms! We will make sure you are fed and comfortable so all you have ot worry about would be gas and fees for the seminar.