FIRE HAWK
04-22-2002, 12:14 AM
Hit cancel for the websites to come up.

diego
04-22-2002, 02:04 PM
http://home1.8d8d.com/Life/Club/pakmei.in2000.com/image2/photo01.jpg

FIRE HAWK
04-22-2002, 02:50 PM
That is a picture of a young Cheung Lai Chuan .

fiercest tiger
04-22-2002, 02:59 PM
That its history is all buddhist! where is the kwong wai temple, i thought it was daoist. The picture of bak mei monk is from a daoist origin so whats going on all you bak mei people? hahaha:D

YKM is shaolin/buddhist!:D

sui-fuw
04-22-2002, 05:14 PM
did the daoist monks have long hair or no hair????

TIger Hand
04-22-2002, 08:30 PM
taoist priest have hair

buddhist monks don't

bai mei taoist or buddhist......???? who the fu(k cares.

only idiots debate about something like that.

if you "infighting" a$$es would spend as much time training as you do fighting each other over such BS, pak mei practitioners (incl. me) would be a whole lot better off.

fiercest tiger
04-22-2002, 10:41 PM
I like to know the fu(king art im studying, i dont know about you!

who is in fighting?

:rolleyes:

TIger Hand
04-22-2002, 11:07 PM
I thought you study....umm..teach.... yau kung mun? that's not bak mei.

My comment wasn't directed specifically at you fierce tiger

fiercest tiger
04-22-2002, 11:20 PM
Yes i study and teach ykm but i also have alot of bak mei forms that are in bak mei, also stuff you have never seen of bak mei that i havent ever shared. (non clc bak mei)

As you know the ykm grandmaster was a bak mei sifu under clc and one of his early disciples. In guangzhou many of the ykm grandmaster students are bak mei still today, we have changed the name. Although many of you bak mei will disagree but thats all good!

where and who do you study with tiger hand, if you dont mind me asking? no flame here just a question

didnt mean to go off, i thought it was directed at me....sorry dude!

FT

:)

mono68
04-23-2002, 01:20 AM
Remember people Cheung lai cheung as part of learning Pak Mei from Chuk fat Wan also had to study buddhism. This is why he is in the monks robes. Those were the conditions in which he could study Pak Mei style. This is in Ng Bun's book.

sui-fuw
04-23-2002, 03:45 AM
well it seems you care?and a idiot too which is no suprise.
you really shouldn't of answered it.lol

"if you "infighting" a$$es would spend as much time training as you do fighting each other over such BS, pak mei practitioners (incl. me) would be a whole lot better off."

somehow,you may think this however to learn from an answer results to some-one like you.to learn from a question would result in some-one subject to greatness ie,f.t, jon,buby,cloud,and yummy although this one doesn't know it.lol

bui and denz sorry for miss out but you two are a different kettle of fish,i'll get to you soon maybe.lol

also pu$$y you sound so sure that dao monks have hair and shao monks have none.ok clever:) redeem yourself with this question:why have you come to this conclusion???or why do dao have hair and shao have no hair???
also this does have something to do with the subject at hand:)

BIU JI
04-23-2002, 06:43 AM
You know sui , between kettles of fish and rabbit hunting I'm just alittle bit confused lol;)

Tiger land - your response of "YKM not being pakmei" is the typical response of someone who wouldnt have a sh!ts clue, why dont you do some research before you dribble the same uninformed tripe as whoever dribbled it to you !!!
That was a tongue twister :D

TIger Hand
04-23-2002, 03:03 PM
Sui-fuw

you wouldn't know what to do with a pu$$y.

better stick to su(king (ock and taking it up the a$$. Like what your profile says.

Biu ji-

Ok, i don't have a $hit's clue........pay me no mind then.

Fiercest tiger-

Sorry, if you took it the wrong way, didn't mean any offense to you.

My initial sifu learned from Ng liu Wah (clc student in guangzhou). He later accepted me as his student, then my sifu became my sihing, until he passed.

BIU JI
04-23-2002, 03:24 PM
It just gets beyond a joke at times is all, all pakmei like to right off YKM as a lesser lineage or the "illegal sifu's style" but as soon as YKM is credited for something you watch how quickly pakmei jumps up as and says " Oh we're the same " or "They come from pakmei".
Do you know how many times I've heard people try to distance the 2 lineages and then tie them together again later, f@ck sake you lot make up your minds.:o

BIU JI
04-23-2002, 03:25 PM
It just gets beyond a joke at times is all, all pakmei like to right off YKM as a lesser lineage or the "illegal sifu's style" but as soon as YKM is credited for something you watch how quickly pakmei jumps up as and says " Oh we're the same " or "They come from pakmei".
Do you know how many times I've heard people try to distance the 2 lineages and then tie them together again later, f@ck sake you lot make up your minds.:o

Where have you seen YKM before Tiger ?

fiercest tiger
04-23-2002, 05:30 PM
hahaha dont even bother, its not worth the worry!

Illegal Sifu my a$$ hahahah makes me laugh...:D

fiercest tiger
04-23-2002, 05:35 PM
did you learn in guangzhou or america?

how old is your sifu today?

cheers
FT

TIger Hand
04-23-2002, 06:58 PM
biu ji-

I have seen YKM in San francisco, HK and a practitioner from Malaysia. I never said YKM is an illegal pak mei style.

Firece tiger-

My sifu is has passed on.

Buby
04-23-2002, 08:08 PM
Take a deep breath and relax. We all take our lineage and teachings to the heart and I think we're getting off on the wrong foot. Communication is the key!

So lets start from scratch. Please!

TigerHand - I notice you're in the US. Would you mind me asking what state you're in?(Plese feel free to PM me if you would like to disclose info on a public forum)

I'm in NYC, Brooklyn to be exact. I train in YKM under Sifu Garry (Fiercest Tiger). If you're ever in my neck of the woods, please feel to drop me an e-mail. We can do yum cha, talk kung fu and hopefully do a lil training. Then maybe we both can see what are the differences in your version of BM and the one that is found in YKM.

You state that your sifu trained with CLC in guangzhou. Our sijo also learned from CLC in guangzhou. Do you train your stance low? Not low like in Hung, but definitly lower than hong kong(hk) BM. Also, what is the first form you start out with?

From what I heard CLC taught one way in guangzhou and later went to HK and redeveloped the system again(for lack of a better word). Is there any info you can add to this?

Sorry for the long winded post, but before I forget...Is your BM considered guangzhou BM?

Thanks in advance,
Buby

sui-fuw
04-24-2002, 03:56 AM
pu$$y hand
chill out,its obviouse you don't like what i wrote[i must be getting soft in my old age]
your si-fu became your si-hing?well he wasn't all that good then,was he?and you maybe even worse?lol

what would i do with a pu$$y?i think i would be nice and stroke it,and give it a saucer of milk?

me take it up the a$$?well i can take the pain,if you can take the sh!t,ooooww baby you turn me on.but with tiger hands you got maggot pen!s,no, i'm sure you couldn't satisfy me with that tiny thing.lol:D

bui,i thinks its illegal.and i'm tellin the mods on w/c,fu{k that i'm gonna tell kfo admin.you lot's gotta be banned.

BIU JI
04-24-2002, 05:19 PM
I won't appolagise for standing up for my system although I'll admit being abit sensitive to comments about YKM's authentivity. Everyone loves their style and their style is the best and my daddy could beat your daddy blah blah,,,

I just think it rude when it seems ok to disrspect YKM but as soon as something is said of pakmei there's hell to pay!

Buby- how is ya man, still got weights hanging off every limb lol:D

Sui-I'm telling on you !!!

TIger Hand
04-24-2002, 11:35 PM
Sui-fuw the "Si Fut Gwai"-

My sifu became my sihing because my sigung accepted me as his student.........that automatically makes my sihing kungfu bad......??????

What kinda Fu(kin warped logic is that??????? I think you have been getting your "fudge packed" so much it has backed up into your brain.

Give pu$$y a saucer of milk.....hahahahahaha......obviously a little f@g boy coming out of the closet.

Yes, my pen is tiny in comparison to your open buthole....open but b!tch.

Oh...Si fut gwai = cantonese for "a$$hole ghost/ f@g boys."

Biu ji-

Who questioned YKM authenticity? All i said was YKM is not bai mei.

TIger Hand
04-24-2002, 11:47 PM
Buby-

If ever iam around brooklyn i give you a line. thanks for the invite.

Our 1st form is jeet bo. No we do not do any real low stances. We believe in manuverability.

Bak mei is bak mei. I never heard of Guangzhou bakmei as oppose to HK bakmei until KFO.

I think differences are attributed to skill of practitioner and how CLC taught his students. But this was not uncommon among KF sifu. Out of the entire system they taught what you were naturally or what they thought you were naturally good at.

Actually, focus is a better word, not taught.

sanjia
04-25-2002, 02:31 AM
Tiger hand says :
"Bak mei is bak mei"

I agree.

"I never heard of Guangzhou bakmei as oppose to HK bakmei until KFO."

Me neither, so I asked my teacher who hadn't, who asked his, who hadn't.

Mark

fiercest tiger
04-25-2002, 03:19 AM
Ok, i do agree ykm is different to bak mei and i wont even go into detail why it is, we all have our own reasons.

I'll never talk about your art on here again as you all seem to know it all and have different ways, versions, types of ging, stances, postures, mixed and unmixed pak mei, hakka non hakka, hongkong guangzhou, futsan, omei. But you all are the same family? maybe not? are you dragon style modified? are you lee gar modified? Is there a Real Bak Mei please stand up!!!

I NOW know why we have split from you mob! :eek: All i can say the proof is in the pudding....:rolleyes:

FT

sanjia
04-25-2002, 05:51 AM
Fiercest Tiger says
"I'll never talk about your art on here again as you all seem to know it all and have different ways, versions, types of ging, stances, postures, mixed and unmixed pak mei, hakka non hakka, hongkong guangzhou, futsan, omei. But you all are the same family? maybe not? are you dragon style modified? are you lee gar modified? Is there a Real Bak Mei please stand up!!! "

Not quite sure what or who this is aimed at. But to make a point sir, it was your student who made the points regarding stances and postures and locations :-

ie, Buby : "You state that your sifu trained with CLC in Guangzhou Our sijo also learned from CLC in guangzhou. Do you train your stance low? Not low like in Hung, but definitly lower than hong kong(hk) BM. Also, what is the first form you start out with?

From what I heard CLC taught one way in guangzhou and later went to HK and redeveloped the system again(for lack of a better word). Is there any info you can add to this?"

As far as I am concerned ALL Pak Mei is real Pak Mei. Do there have to be sects? No, but it is human nature to want something better than the next guy, and especially on an internet forum it is not that difficult to make it seem so.
The Pak Mei within your system of Yau Kung Mun for instance is obviously real Pak Mei, there are just other things in your system as well.
As Tiger hand put and not just for Pak Mei but for almost any style or system, the differences come with skill or size or experience etc etc etc.

Mark

CannonFist
04-25-2002, 06:59 AM
Our Pak Mei is also descended from Guangzhou but which went to Vietnam. In our school we describe our stances as belonging to the 'high' category. Its about the same height as Cheung Lai Chuen's stances in Un's book.

Buby
04-25-2002, 07:08 AM
Hi,

"If ever iam around brooklyn i give you a line. thanks for the invite." - Anytime!:)

"No we do not do any real low stances. We believe
in manuverability." - manuverability? So do we! Our stances are not really low, but I do think the BM I've seen is a bit more upright. Atleast in training wise. When fighting I would say we are as upright as the BM that I've come across. Shhhh, I'm short enough as it is, I don't need to make myself any shorter.:D

I never even heard of BM till I got on here (KFO), let alone HK BM, hakka BM, or GZhou BM. What would you say makes BM, BM? Is it the theories and principles as handed down by CLC or it's name?

Take care,
Buby

Bolt
04-25-2002, 10:05 AM
I think I missed the answer to one ofthe questions posted ... Bai Mei Buddhist or Daoist ? (Dao, Tao ...? same, same)

*My* understanding is that he was a Shaolin/Buddhist monk, one of the five elders, who left... became a Daoist "follower" (may not be the proper choice of word), then integrated Daoist theory (Yin Yang) into his KF to untlimately create the Bai Mei style. I don't know that he ever became a Daoist monk.

How far off am I?

Buby
04-25-2002, 11:11 AM
Yes it was me, who brought up location and stances. Never was I trying to say that one is better than the other though.(nor am I saying that you felt I was trying to say that) I think my words or intention might have been taken out of context, or maybe my wording is incorrect. I appologize if thats how I came across, for that was not my intention.

Also, thank for acknowledging that YKM has the real deal. For it seems that we are usually referred to as a fake or lesser lineage/off shoot(as if our teaching are not up to par) of BM, just because we don't carry the name. Regardless if we carry the name or not, our founders teachings of BM which were absorbed into YKM should be respected, for we drink from the same stream as does any PM school out there. That's right, staight from the source...CLC to the hands of our sijo. Thank you again for acknowledging my ancestors teachings.

If you're ever in NYC, please drop me a line, so we could hook up for some yum cha. Thanks again!

Take care,

Buby

TIger Hand
04-25-2002, 11:50 PM
buby-

what makes pakmei, pakmei?

everything..., theories, principles, makes fighting sense, makes logical sense, makes scientific sense.....etc.

fiercest tiger
04-26-2002, 01:03 AM
look as i understand ykm broke away from bak mei CLC for reasons, I really couldnt care less. I dont wanna see in the future or the next generation of bak mei or ykm students infighting, so im only sharing what i have been told and what i have trained in in hongkong and ykm. Most of you have heard stories about our G/M and i find that alot of you judge without asking other people instead of asking a YKM teacher.

High horse low horse as long as your happy and getting something from your art who cares right. As from now all info i do share will be on behalf of YKM i will never refer to bak mei which is sad because i for one am giving you guys more advertisment and helping bak mei. I dont say you guys are wrong all i share is my info on the arts that i have been doing for 17 yrs.

So here goes! Sorry to all you pak mei practitioners if i have or my students have insulted or disrespected you or your family. My students will not and have been instructed to keep there mouths shut on the knowledge i give them on your art.

I Wish you all well and also to your family.

FT