PDA

View Full Version : Pakua/Bagua - where to find????

Joker
04-22-2002, 06:44 AM
Hello all

i'm looking to find out as much info on the style above and if there are any teachers in the Perth, West Australia region.

Can anyone recommend some good sites worldwide or maybe knows of a teacher in the area.

Any info would be much appreciated.

dedalus
04-22-2002, 07:58 PM
I know of some WTBA (Erle Montaigue) instructors in the Margaret River area. They teach Jiang Rongqiao's bagua. If that would suit you, you can find Erle's email address on his website and follow it up from there: www.taijiworld.com

The online bagua community isn't all that big, actually, so if you just do some websearches and follow everyone's links you'll notice many of the same, good sites reappearing.

In addition to some general/historical stuff, Mike Patterson's site has some MPEG clips you can watch: www.hsing-i.com.

Joker
04-23-2002, 04:02 AM
Cheers Daedalus

I went to a Earle Montague seminar quite a few years back and found it quite good.

The only thing that worries me is that it is a bit far to go to Margaret River to train due to work constraints etc.

I will send them a e-mail but to see if anyone is teaching in Perth Metro.

Thanks again and avagood1

Grand Taoism
04-23-2002, 03:45 PM
Hey Joker, go to www.blacktaoist.com this is a very good pa kua chang. good information on fighting using pa kua chang i have this site in my favorites with Erle Montaigue web stie both of these guy's site i feel are two of the best on internet when it come down to real training for fighting. i also buy a few combat tapes from both of these guys the tapes were great i learn a lot.

Joker
04-25-2002, 07:26 AM
Thanks for the info GT I'll go and have a look see!