PDA

View Full Version : Hung Sing Choy Lay Fut Movie

Fu-Pow
04-22-2002, 03:08 PM
Well I just watched the movie last night.

Not the best kung fu flik I've ever seen but still cool because it's about CLF and it has my SiGung in it.

The movies seems to be dubbed off of a video copy. Apparently the actual film stock no longer exists.

Couple of questions for those people who have seen it.

Who are the two guys at the beginning of the movie?

They say one is a monk and the other a layman. Could be Choy Fook, GGM or Lay Yau Shan. It's never really specified.

Also, who is the main gray-haired kung fu teacher that runs the school? Is that supposed to be Chan Heung?

CLFNole
04-22-2002, 04:21 PM
Fu-Pow:

The 2 guys at the beginning are supposed to be Chan Hueng and GGM. The grey haired guy later is the same guy as in the beginning only he is supposed to be an older Chan Hueng (played by the same character if you look close).

Peace.

yutyeesam
04-22-2002, 10:40 PM
what confused me a bit was Lee Koon Hung's character's name I think was Lay Yau.

yik-wah-tik
04-23-2002, 04:33 PM
hey guys,

wow it's been a long time but i have been watching. just wanted to confirm that the two characters in the beginning of the movie were supposed to be the ggm and chan h.

i also saw this new version, and it is basically the same movie i have except that this new release has cut a few parts such as in the beginning when ggm and chan h. both exclaim "heroes are the greatest, and heroes always win.

i have the version in chinese, and after watching the new release i have realized that i have 99% of this movie in chinese. only the last 1 or two minutes of the last fight scene is cut off.

my version is a little cleaner but remember it is a 3rd generation copy.

i hope those that have watched the movie had enjoyed it.

sorry to joe k. i have not sent out that copy, but i have been going thru some thangs right now. if you still want that copy email me then.

frank:D

Sow Choy
04-23-2002, 10:02 PM
Hey Frank,

No problem, I lost your email add so email or send me a private message. I still would like a copy especially if it's Chinese.

Thanks,

Joe