PDA

View Full Version : Balancing out meridians w/ Hsing Yi

chyisan
04-22-2002, 08:40 PM
Hello. I've got some questions on the health aspects of Hsing Yi.
1. Does practicing the Wu Hsing Lian Huan (5 element linking) automatically balance out the meridians no matter if they are in excess of deficient?
2. Are there different ways of performing the 5 fists that will result in whether tonification or sedation of that meridian?
3. If I practice only Pi Chuan, would I throw the lung meridian out of balance?
4. I've noticed that the element-organ correlation are all Ying organs. What about the Yang organs?

I know this is alot of questions, but if anyone can help, I'd be greatfull.

steve b.
06-15-2002, 08:50 PM
hey chysian,it's obvious that you've been studying qigong so i'll recommend a very good nei gung set for you it was created by a Mr.Wang Ji Ru and you can find the set in a book called xing-yi quan nei gong by Mr.Tim Cartmell if you do the sets faithfully your chi will circulate and balance on its own as for your questions reffer to Mr.Sun-lu tangs xing yi quan zue, he states that we use the one chi when performing xing-yi so balance out the sets and reps to keep your one chi harmonious now if you deliberately try to alter the forms or strain,or not follow the harmonies a chi imbalance can occur as for the organs remember that what you do for yang it also helps yin rember the tao is about balance,not black/white,male/female so i hoped that helped you in the words of wang ji ru do the exercises here and the gentle stretching will coax the qi into the circulation,so be mindfull of your dan tien,as your chi goes where your mind body go..take care

greendragon
06-16-2002, 01:38 PM
Holding posture balances the organ meridians associated with that posture.

cagey_vet
06-18-2002, 12:25 PM
there are several cycles in 5 element
theory, and it would do you good to
learn their purpose and the order of
the elements in each of them. then
the linking form will become clearer to
you.