PDA

View Full Version : Fake Rene(s)

reneritchie
04-23-2002, 07:37 PM
Folks,

It's come to my attention that some sad individual(s) is/are now getting their jollies sending flame emails to fellow Wing Chun Kuen practitioners masked under my name. Anyone examining the email closely and looking at the header information will clearly see it doesn't originate from me. They've been doing this for a while on the former VTAA board, and this, apparently, is their next step.

I'd also ask anyone receiving these fake Rene messages to forward me the complete header information. Please also pass this on to the web/post masters of your WCK organization/association website since it seems to be going out to those people as well. That way, the fine, upstanding, honorable folks engaging in this fraud can be held responsible.

Sorry to waste your time with this nonsense. If you happen to know them, please take a moment to instruct them in both Mo Duk, and adult behavior.

(BTW- Gene, Dave, Sandman, I'll be sending you the offending IPs in case they can be cross-referenced with anything you may have on file).

Rgds,

RR

red5angel
04-24-2002, 07:00 AM
I thought this was going to be a controversial discussion on cloning! :)

reneritchie
04-24-2002, 08:55 AM
Clones raised by poor parents and taught by poor sifu? Or does character not come through on the cloning process?

At least I've been able to trace one back to his AOL account so far, and if the others originate elsewhere, they'll be traced back too. Wonderful thing, this internet.

Rgds,

RR

dezhen2001
04-24-2002, 09:12 AM
good luck!

david

red5angel
04-24-2002, 09:56 AM
RR - you caught me! Having the quote from you below for so long I began to identify too much and was subsumed by the ideal of being you. Soon I found my self spiralling down a dark path of loosing myself and becoming Rene Ritchie. somehow the eloquence did not carry over though! ;)

reneritchie
04-24-2002, 10:43 AM
LOL! Yeah, it does seem funny. While I know its a form of internet terrorism, and one that's crossing state and federal jurisdiction, I really just can't help but feel pity for the individual(s) involved. Hopefully they'll take a long look in the mirror, develop some self-worth, and become more productive members of society and of the WCK community.

Rgds,

RR

red5angel
04-24-2002, 10:56 AM
My guess would be they were picked on as small children and now have found a medium 'safe' top vent their societal frustrations! good luck!

Patrick Gordon
04-24-2002, 11:33 AM
Hey Rene,

I believe my name was used some time in the past and resently my student, "old Jong" was also used. Some people just don't have enough to do with their time.

Say Rene, this isn't just a scheme to say whats really on your mind and blame it on someone else, is it? Talk to ya soon, regards,

Patrick Gordon.

old jong
04-24-2002, 02:46 PM
My Si-Fu has a point there!...Is that a case of multi-personnality associated to some hypertraumatic chi sau related syndrome?...Who knows?... ;)
In my case, it was really some jerk impersonnating me. I dont want anybody to have bright ideas! ;)

OdderMensch
04-24-2002, 05:22 PM
It's not you thats going to come to our school with "a set of poison chain-saw Bat Jam Daos" to "lay down some smack"?

:D

j/k

good luck finding the perps. Smearing a good reputation is a **** shame and the act of a coward.

reneritchie
04-25-2002, 06:28 AM
Hi guys,

I definately understand how this can be seen as humorous, and do get a good chuckle out of it myself, but having dealt with a lot of nonsense (from the absurd to the actionable to the criminal) on the 'net over the years, I think its important to treat it with some measure of seriousness, as individuals, teachers or fellow students, and as a community as a whole.

Rgds,

RR

red5angel
04-25-2002, 06:35 AM
I think you are right on Renee, as amusing as it can be, it shouldnt be done, its character defamation, and personality theft. I say you tie em down, cover em in honey and let the ants have em.

burnsypoo
04-25-2002, 08:51 AM
unfortunately, we don't have ants here in Canada. But we do have something similar called a "gront". Picture a beaver, only a lot smaller with 2 extra legs. Hell of a bite, and they love honey!

so yea rene, tie em down and let the gronts loose!

:)
-BP-

urban tea
04-25-2002, 09:15 AM
hahahahhahaha

:D ;) :p :rolleyes: :cool: :eek: :confused:

red5angel
04-25-2002, 09:54 AM
Is the gront anything like our Jackelope?

burnsypoo
04-25-2002, 10:27 AM
Well, I'm not sure, but it's highly doubtfull. From what I understand America's best comedic export (Dave Coulier) isn't allowed in our country.

Hope that helps,
-BP-

(note: if that made no sense, think nothing of it and move onto the next thread)

GeneChing
04-25-2002, 11:04 AM
and the emails and we'll see what we can do...:eek:

old jong
04-25-2002, 12:47 PM
Our little jokes are just friendly teasing. Don't worry,nobody is approving those kinds of things! It is stupid and useless.

:mad:

raving_limerick
04-25-2002, 02:07 PM
RR-

That sucks, man (to put it bluntly). I hope you catch the culprit(s). Isn't this sort of childishness a form of identity theft or fraud? If so, perhaps you could look into legal action?

Nothing's worse than having your name dragged through the mud just because someone doesn't have the cajones to say something to your face.