PDA

View Full Version : HOW ABOUT THE MA JEE?

TAO YIN
03-26-2001, 12:39 PM
Hello southern players!

Weeks ago, I ask about any biu jee chum chui apps and no one replied.

So how about the ma jee gurt applications? Do any of you practice this with a sparring partner? What are some of the different apps you have seen? Do you aim to crush the opponents ankle with this?

I apply it how my Sifu showed me. To crack the ankle. There is a point where three meridians meet into one. It is a very good place to attack on the ankle, don't know the name though?

I have also found quite a few others apps for this. How bout you guys and gals? I appreciate hearing from any of you on this.

Hope to hear from you all

"With great power, be still"

:)

BIU JI
03-26-2001, 01:59 PM
Welcome to the forum! What system do you do ?
Man ji geut (how ever it's spelt) can be a sweep striking spleen 6 or Sanyinjiao , which is the junction for the kidney spleen and liver meridians. If you've been struck there you certainly know about it.
Depending on your application, sounds like you're stomping into the ankle. We do train the application on this point from various techniques, eg if you're in a bear hug from behind you can stomp back down and through that point, tell you what you let go pretty quick, nasty point. Knowing the point and the affect it gets you can work many techniques on it. Anyway enjoy the forum.

Buby
03-26-2001, 04:58 PM
MJ can also be used to trap your opponents lead leg. Once the stance is locked it allows you to grind the shin and apply pressure to the leg for a break.

Welcome aboard!!!

Biu Ji - How's everything bro? I'll be dropping you some mail soon.

Buby

TAO YIN
03-26-2001, 08:49 PM
Biu Jee and Buby,

Thanks for the replies. Those are some very good applications that both of you described!

Biu Jee thanks for the good info on the ankle point and the bear hug example! I practice Siu Lum Yau Kung Mun Kung Fu.

Buby good stuff, the application you speak of is done extremely quick right? In order to catch their lead foot, Ive noticed that if you don't catch it fast you can trip yourself!

I hope to read about more applications.

TAO YIN :D

[This message was edited by TAO YIN on 03-27-01 at 10:54 AM.]

lungyuil
03-26-2001, 10:51 PM
Hey guys,
Tao Yin, who is your sifu and where do you train. I train in Yau Kung Mun.Good to see more of us here.
Maan Ji Jerk, can be used many ways to attack the points in the ankle & feet.

As Bui Ji said you have spleen 6 point and depending on the angle Kidney 6 point.
It can be used to gain distance, pull your opponent towards you.

If someone grabs you from the front, you can sweep the leading leg and attack the body with your hand (attacking 2 points)
You can also use it as a transition from stance to stance. :)

fiercest tiger
03-27-2001, 12:50 AM
nice thread!!

maan jee gerk can have numerous applications, some that pin, grind, sweep and drag(on points), transitional, set ups,tripping, catching etc.

its good to see ya thinking about stance applications. :)

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

BIU JI
03-27-2001, 03:30 PM
Surprise surprise, looks like this is a YKM thread, all the bros together.

Buby- hows things amigo? training hard for those comps lol? looks like we'll have our own web site too soon, looking forward to it.No trolls either, get enough here haha.

Buby
03-27-2001, 04:31 PM
Bros how's everything in the wonderful land of Oz? Give toto a kiss for me.LOL Find someone to translate toto for you in spanish.

Biu Ji- I'm doing fine thanks. Just training, working and taking care of my fam. Not ready for the comps. just yet, but I'm working on it.LOL
You know me being the YKM Gangsta, I have to retrain my thought to not killing my opponent, but rather just knocking him the f*ck out.LOL Once I can do that, then I'll be ready for the comps.LOL

lungyuil - How's everything? I'll be dropping you an e-mail soon. How training going?

FT - How's it hanging? I know, long and to the side. Yea sure!!LOL I'm no longer calling you sifu G, your new name is sifu horse.
I know, I know..Drop and give you a thousand pushups.LOL It's not easy being funny!!

Hey where's Bastet, greymystik, and kyle. Kyle if your watching(which I know you are)...We want kyle, we want kyle!!! No justice, no peace!!

Sorry about that sifu, but I had to rep. one time for my bro.

Take it easy lady and gentlemen.

Buby "The YKM Gangsta"LOL

[This message was edited by Buby on 03-28-01 at 06:56 AM.]

GreyMystik
03-27-2001, 11:01 PM
what up :) i'm around just waitin to get goin on this kickazz shiznit like u guys are already... hear from ya soon bro :)

TAO YIN
03-27-2001, 11:04 PM
Well if it ain't nothing but a mutha fukkin gangsta party!!!

Thanks for all the replies my brothers. I hope the website is coming along good.

Long Live YKM!

LUNG YING KUEN!!!!!!

:)

fiercest tiger
03-27-2001, 11:15 PM
OH MY GOD!!! hahahahahaha hes back baby.

luuunnnnnnng yiiiiiiinnnngggggg kuen.

i knew it!! :D

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

lungyuil
03-28-2001, 01:06 AM
Buby,
Training going great when i get there. Been busy with work, ask FT.

We have the international connection now.
First it's this thread, then it will be the forum
and finally the world hahahahahahahahaa!!!!!!!
:mad: :mad: :rolleyes:

rocklion
03-28-2001, 01:10 AM
Keep it up brothers...discussions like this can only improve our knowledge of Yau Kung Mun. It is great to see.

BIU JI
03-28-2001, 04:50 PM
Whats the general thoughts on this form ? I'm still discovering things from it, only this week I finally realised somethings about stance that is basic but is a big key to power in punchs and strikes directed forward. Once you realise one thing you find it in other forms, great stuff.
Hello rocklion, interested in YKM?
BEAVER POWER!!!!!

Buby
03-28-2001, 06:49 PM
I love it!!! It's everything you look for in a hardcore fighting form. One of the things I like about this form is the stance work and the power that is generated through the stance work..

When Sifu told me that this form is used to teach you how to get in your opponent and develope power he wasn't joking.

I like the way the stances move from one to another, actually teaching you how to move into your opponent and how to use your stances when fighting. Not only for the purpose of moving in, but also for striking.

As far as power developement, it teaches you how to generate power using your whole body. Which I think also comes from the moving of one stance into another.

What buggs me out is how smooth the stances flow into each other. Every stance can be mixed and matched with each other and thats what I like. There are no restrictions.

Bro which stance are you referring to?

By the way, thanks for taking my next topic!! ;)

Take care Bro.

Buby

fiercest tiger
03-29-2001, 12:22 AM
what do you guys think we get a ykm discussion board on the website for all ykm practioners? like a chat line, remember there will be a technique workshop once a month on ykm kung fu skills etc. so you all can have a say and take notes on your training and what other students have to say.

give us some ideas guys on what you would like to see on it? :D :D ;) :p :cool: :) :confused: :cool: :( :rolleyes: :mad: :eek: ;)

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

GreyMystik
03-29-2001, 12:29 AM
i would say pick a topic and hash on it for a week or month, depending on the responses you get. for example, this weeks technique is such and such. what applications do you see in the technique, how should it be performed, etc. then next week (or month, depending on response etc) it might be theory on fighting mindset of ykm etc...
that is my bit of suggestive info
peace brothers

BIU JI
03-29-2001, 01:53 AM
Buby- I was refering to front stance in particular with keeping the knee and toes in line. only a small thing but makes abig difference with the power moving forward. if you stop short of that when stepping you tend to ground your power and it's hard to keep that forward motion. That's something I realised when doing the Internal form. Do the form slowly and feel where the balance shifts forward with your weight not all being on the front foot still 50/50 just not sinking back in the rear leg, play around with it , you'll see. Can't wait for that website yeah baby ohhh beeeeehave! :D

TAO YIN
03-29-2001, 06:56 AM
Hello my brothers,

Tung Jee Kuen is so good for me because each move is a no frills application. ITS A FIGHTING KUEN ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!

When I break it down I notice that each attack flows right into the next without hesitation. The YKM hands are simply hardcore. It helps me realize the importance of full stepping and getting in and out of range quickly. It is also a great kuen to practice slowly like a meditation. Plus the stancework is perfect for fighting.

If I had no arms this is the kind of stancework I would use for fighting. The elaborate but basic mobility of this kuen is what really makes me love it. All I need is a mud pit. There are so many examples about the importance of this kuen to me but I will stop here for now.

On the front stance what do you guys practice...back foot straight or back foot at a slight angle? For me the straight back foot produces more power in my attack plus allows for quicker movement forward. On the flip side the back foot at a 45 degree angle is more mobile for me, plus I can get my center of gravity and body posture lower and more sunk so to say, if that makes any sense.

I think that a YKM chatline on the website could be very beneficial. All YKM can talk about theory and technique without having to worry about any "your style my style" fighting like this forum has at times. I hope to see some good pics, and some good YKM application discussion.

MAY THE BEAVER BE WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LUNG YING KUEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

[This message was edited by TAO YIN on 03-29-01 at 09:02 PM.]

Buby
03-29-2001, 04:53 PM
Biu Ji - Thanks Bro for sharing. I had a feeling you were going to say the front stance. Although the front stance was the hardest for me to get acustom too, it's my favorite. I find it generates the most power when it comes to attacking. Plus it also has it's defensive advantages because of the way our front leg is positioned.

When I was younger I did a little boxing and I find our front stance to be very simular to a boxing stance. With the exception of the front leg and the fact that we sink some what more into our stance than a boxer. Training our front stance has actually opened my eyes on how power is developed when using the whole body as one.

Tao Yin - Your last post is right on the money and I feel were your coming from.

Do you have a favorite tech. in tung gee? I'm having problems deciding which is my favorite, they all flow so naturally.LOL

I practice my front stance with my back foot staight. I think of the way a sprinter sets himself or the way we walk. It's just more natural to push of the foot while it's facing forward. Or at least I find it to feel more natural.

A chat line sounds off the hook!!! Gives us YKMer's a chance to exchange and learn from one an other. Bro Tao Yin also brought up an important point about not having to worry about "my style your style" nonsense. Keep it in the family baby!!!

Long live bald beavers!!! I mean beavers.LOL

GreyMystik - Bro I've dropped the Kungfu flicks for you in the mail. The tape has 3 Shaw Bros. flicks, I hope you enjoy them. ;)

Talk to ya later fellas!!!

Buby

BIU JI
03-30-2001, 04:02 AM
Could be a little while yet before it happens but thats cool. For a basic form Tung Ji is pretty good, I think alot of people see it and think it's very Karateish compared to the other forms which are pakmei forms but it drills in basic stepping and punching, forward power, closing distances. Now when you break down the application there's not much that's basic about it really.
Problem is alot of people hear the word "basic" and disregard the form when they start learning "higher forms", not just in YKM I mean across the board.
My favorite technique, pak sau lam daa chum choi gwai ma and of course man ji geuk but there's a stack of nice applications in it , covers all ranges also.
Tao Yin - how's training bro , have to send you an email soon !

SHAVED BEAVERS hmmmmmmm! :p

rocklion
03-30-2001, 09:13 AM
Another good aspect of tung ji kuen is that it develops both hands equally('cept for the lead hand traps/rear hand strikes) good for people who had no previous MA experience, like myself.

Same could be said for the stepping I guess.

great thread!!

lungyuil
03-30-2001, 10:25 AM
Tung Jee has all the basic straight defence mechanisms in it.
When you go deeper into the form you understand the different uses of the the same techniques and realise it is a straight forward fighting form. No mucking about.

It helps develop the basic powers required for YKM.

My favorite techniques would have to be larm da & chum choi (sp?) nice, basic and direct.

It also helps with the development of the legs with basic stancework, teaching to chase, move & lock :)

Everyone will be up all night exchanging information when the chat line & page are up and running. Grrreat!!!!

Buby
04-03-2001, 02:02 PM
Fellas we can't forget that it also teaches us how to protect our centerline while attacking our opponents. Kind of like centerline theory 101. :D

Take care,
Buby